Rumor Confirmation

Hello all,

I can confirm a couple of the rumors going around lately. I met a couple Gypsies who shared the following:

Meat corn is being harvested from a few farms in Targosia. An ear of corn that has manifested meat inside the husk, it is quite tasty when cooked on a fire but strange, as juicy lush meat that tastes like beef should not come in corn format. And they are having a bumper crop of it too, thanks to Lord Bluewater. Not sure if this important or just strange...but though I would share.

The weeping sands of Targosia have stopped bleeding and now have signs of growth for the first time in hundreds of years. An area of Targosia that is desert and is known to bleed from the ground spontaneously is becoming lush once more. Trees and fruit are erupting from once barren portions of the land. The curse upon the land has lifted, but this scared the two Gypsies them as they think it may be the Marheim are lifting it. They digressed into stammering, cursing, and spitting at that point. I was concerned for a moment it was an adverse effect of the meat corn... but no they were simply very scared.

-Arsita

Stop Making Wishes people.

Please,

Jehan Wyldweaver

Jehan,

The meat corn was not so much because of a wish but a backlash from a previous ritual. Let's just say I should not be casting bountiful harvest while I think I'm a troll in the future. Although I think I should sample some of this meat in the near future.

-Enan

Lord Bluewater,

No offense intended, there's a Djinn/Efreet running around offering people wishes, that sounds like many an adventurers wish come true but in a perverted sense... Like wishing for bacon and then drowning in it. I advise against taking a wish such as this in almost all cases.

I think a good chunk of these rumors are based in too much truth. There are two that a sheriff should investigate for potential slander charges. Do we have a sheriff yet?

On a related matter, being a barrister, should be able to weigh in on this. Is there a legal law that prevents people from endangering the common good/ kingdom? If not, why not? If so, can you elaborate?

Just thinking again...

Jehan Wyldweaver

Jehan,

Endangerment of the common good generally falls under disturbing the peace through treason depending on the actions. However these laws are enforced to varying degrees depending on the Dukes/Duchess and Kings involved. The current set we have is very much on the...permissive side much to my consternation at times.

-Enan

The Hobling Void woman is still at large, she has the ability to cast a curse of transformation by calling on the powers of void. This could become a serious issue if she is not stopped, each time she cast that magic it will be easyer for her and her powers will grow if left unchecked.

Does anyone have any information about this girl that crys tears of ice?

Fredrick

I can also confirm the rumor that there is a lot of activity in the NE of the northlunds.
It's the Sagittarius stone elf guy and his friends bringing in more biata to experiment on, like he did to the ones who can cast celestial magic now. And a lot of bird kin too, because at this point I think he has some sort of THING for feathers. He has to.

-Tarqaq Fox

Tarqaq is correct, I believe the bird kin might be coming from Sur Laire so we can investigate that.

Jehan

By reports I received Jehan is correct. I am following up but can anyone verify that that they are Ravenkin

~Aramis

I have heard rumors about a flame elemental and an ice elemental being in love. Perhaps she is the ice elemental, crying tears of ice would make sense.

If this is the case I would hope that there would be a peaceful resolution for both. Perhaps they could give their mantels over if they are strong enough elementals. Regardless, if anything happens this market in reference to this, please let me know.

Lady FallingStar

Back