Rvenious and Dissonance

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotta

What’s most interesting bout the most recent dream is the further suggestion that Ravenious is connected to or in control of Dissonance.
Earlier he talked about destroying the fort to get some artifact, now he apparently has the scales.
Dissonance told me once that he was merely a tool.
I’m nearly convinced that Ravenious is the hand behind that tool. That changes everything. Our efforts against Dissonance are perhaps merely what Ravenious wishes, to keep those same efforts from his doorstep. A vast pity I lacked the wits to cut down Ravenious when I had the chance, perhaps.

Teovel Armonia

OOG: Scott Auden

What then friend is the connection to dissonance and the stone? The STone's influence is spreading.. corrupting as it goes. We stop that Rav feller we stop the corruption >?

From my underdstanding, Dissonance "came from" the stone!? As the Stone is a "power" source for him or a connection to that which "controls" him.

-= Ra'Sha al'Kazim

An excellent, and difficult question, friend Grim. Here is what I know or have heard of the stone:
When Dissonance had only just appeared, before he acquired his more towering aspect, something like two winters ago, I was walking one night, not far from Gypsy Row, and I saw a gleam of red in the trees. I investigated. I found the swirling, sickening field of tiny red spots I have since come to associate with Dissonance's magic. I don't recall if it was that same night or shortly after, but he emerged from the stone and spoke to me. That day, or the next, I investigated more closely in the light. This was very shortly after Bernard had used explosives to reveal the entrance to the catacombs, and I thought perhaps the stone had been thrown from the explosion. As it happened, the rock looks to be of an entirely different type, but it did indeed sit in a shallow crater, and seemed to have been thrown from someplace, or fallen from some height. There was no circle about it then, and foolishly, I touched it. I was overwhelmed with horrific visions of death and destruction, until I was either thrown clear or momentarily lost my senses. Later, of course, it was encircled, and the connection between it and Dissonance became apparent.
I have since spoken to brave Widjan who have traveled through the mists in investigation, and they have shared a theory with me, which I shall try to relate, though I lack their wisdom in such matters. It was their belief that the stone is a shard of a magical element known as “void,” perhaps thrown through the mists to come to rest where it now sits. Apparently, such “Void shards” can produce guardians to protect themselves. It was suggested that Dissonance could, perhaps be such a guardian.

(It bears mentioning that Void's opposite, incidentally, is the substance known as “Puriel.” As you might recall, the verse of song that's been used against Dissonance mentions Puriel. If this theory is correct, some item of Puriel, perhaps in the shape of a weapon, will likewise have been called into existence. But I digress. It was the stone you asked about, not the foul beast I exist to destroy.

So what is the relationship, if any, between Ravinious and Dissonance? Given our ignorance, anything is possible.
Perhaps, if the Widjan theory is correct, Ravenious, a powerful sorcerer,may have somehow employed the void shard and its guardian, either taking advantage of the shard's fortuitous arrival, or coming here to utilize it, or somehow bringing it hither.
More simply, perhaps Ravenious has either conjured or attracted Dissonance himself, but this leaves the stone out of the picture, along with many other features of the dark beast: the connection to music, the use of other beings, the magically binding bargains, and the occasional painful distortion of free beings, as has happened briefly to Arbiter Harris and myself. Again I drift into my obsession. Forgive me.

Teovel Armonia

OOG:Scott Auden

The Music Box was crafted with part of Puriel in the Lands of the Dead or so I have been told. Which is why some look for it now so we may use it to put an end to the Darkman...

-=Ra'Sha al'Kazim

Look for it? I didn't know it was lost. When was it seen last, and in who's possession? I heard rumors of it, but never saw it, and thought it had never come through the mist.

teo

I am very familiar with the void shards and that theory. I have worked.. with the dissonance stone as you know.. without understanding what it has done. I spoke at length with my friend Delaldur before his passing. He is a warrior of the light and believes this is not void.. at least as he knows it.. Think of it more as harmony and the lack there of. Hence why the song causes havoc upon him. I believe the skull shield is made of the non-harmonic ore. If by some means the harmonic type is found and we choose to forge it into something seek me out. I believe I know how to work it. THe mages guild master explained we may be able to.. change it.. the ore itself attempts to influence however is not inherently evil. My theory with these lands is the magic itself is all driven by choice. Perhaps then we can change the nature of the stones.. I have been attempting that at length. My knowledge of smithing and arcane arts have helped a bit in this exploration but I am concerned still of the spreading influence.

Grim

You speak of stones, Grim, more than one. Do you know of others?
Damn this clumsy way of communicating. I hear your people are fine brewers, and mine are fine drinkers. There should be more pleasant ways to talk.

Teovel.

Teo, the Music Box was "destroyed" but dancing lights were free when it was...you should try and talk to Dragomiri, she knows the story and what has happened after...

Safe Travels and may the Sun guide your Path

Ra'Sha

Ra'sha

I have not seen him since i've spent so much time home. But if the box was destroyed why do you seek it?

Teo

I intend to bring the flutes together. The shattered pieces shall be made whole and drive back the dark.

-Warsor the Sandborn

When it was destroyed, the essence of it split apart and infused themselves in to what we think are Flutes.

Ra'Sha

Warsor, tell me of the flutes you keep mentioning?
And you said you'd had a vision? 
I never knew or had forgotten these flutes; but of visions, Teovel recalls much.

Teovel Armonia

Grim, could these "ores you speak of be used to craft a weapon? Arm me properly, and next time the beast will not be able to flee me before I can destroy him.

Teovel Armonia

Last year I go on spirit quest when I hear that the flutes be da pieces that flew out of da music box. In my vision I leave my body and travel to the other place where the Earth Mother speak to me. She tells me of the flutes and there be 6 flutes. One of dem be in the hands of an adventurer and I intend ta find the other pieces soon. Only together can the pieces work to fight the darkness. I not gonna say all else I know because who know what be listening. Dis is quest I get from da Earth Mother herself and I any who can help me with dis may contact me further in private. I urge da other Sandborn ta join me in my quest ta look for the pieces when da spirits guide me.

-Warsor the Sandborn

Warsor,

I hope that you will allow others than just other Sandborn to journey with you. If you have any information on where to find the other it would be helpful to let others know so we can help.

-=Ra'Sha al'Kazim

Ya others are welcome to come. I need the support of other strong adventurers. The information I know about da flutes locations though be little but important so I would rather not tell here in open dream. This way others seek me out that want to help and I know who willing to go with me when the opportunity happen and I gather them together. Right now it sound like it time to bash some husk skulls. I gonna see if I can gather some Sandborn fighters and lead them to answer Hiranya's call to battle. I will see you soon on the field of battle my friends!

Several of us have seen the land that this Void came from. The ones who were born there still call it Laerthan, or something like that.

We were introduced to that place as the Dead Lands. From what we were told, this Void was a sword, and the pieces, mere splinters, can corrupt and enslave. Or give promises of power that tempt the ambitions of even the strong-willed. I don't know what changed that place, destroyed it and plagued its races with diseases and barrenness, but if it was Void... If it was Void and it goes unchecked in Kosmara, we could watch all of our homelands waste away.

If that think has come to our lands, there is a young Barbarian from those dead lands who wields that "Puriel" that was mentioned. Perhaps he has more information about these "Guardians," or knows how to fight them in his lands.

I suggest that any who have information, no matter how small, or any weapons to fight this thing speak to each other. I have not had cause to fear much in this life, but if this Void or Dissonance or whatever is behind all of this can seduce and possess the bodies of mortals, whole armies may tear each other apart in paranoid fear. Or fathers destroy sons, mothers their daughters. That, gives me cause to fear above any other.

-Priyal Madnashini Iman, of the Jade Kinship

Teo,

You received my missive I hope. I have more questions but have some ideas of how things can change. I think.. I know that an impact can be made. While the mists allow me to I will aid all I can.. I do not believe there is only one answer. Just as there is no one note to a song. If we find the right actions.. the right people the right harmony we can confront this tide of chaos.

I say again this world is all about choice. we are given tools for good or evil. We must choose the path. I am not from these lands but I care for the people here. My heart broke when the city I bled to pay for rebuilding was destroyed but it lept in Joy at how many survived. The people here are good with strong spirits and they deserve a chance. I would ask that you arrange a representative from every group who can make a difference. You know them better then I. We can gather and share knowledge. Communication is key. This council of representative then allows the adventurers and able bodies to act as one unit and make decisive action in offense and defense.

I have heard the call for the wylds.. I would go to help your people but I will not trespass without your permissions. I told you if you need me i will answer... I have my spell scrolls and Im wearing my fancy armor.. just gimme a nod and we will get them fuggin scales back. I'll even bring the wine..

grim

Friend Grim, I have your message in hand, and soon it will be read to me, and I will see a reply sent.

I thank you for your respect in asking permission to travel the Wyldes, but sadly, it is more respect than I deserve. I am no elder that I may give you such permission, but this I say: I will speak on your behalf when the time comes. I know you to be upstanding and honorable, and I believe you may be trusted when you say you seek to enter the Wyldes only to be of use in common cause against an enemy that threatens all good folk. And when the matter is decided, I will bring you to taste the drink of my people at our fires, and there, we will share stories and friendship.

Teovel Armonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back