SALE!! Clearance! Everything must GO!!

Well, ok... not quite accurate, but here's the deal. Tax season had some rather unexpected negative consequences for me, and I'm hoping to make some spending cash to keep me living in the style I'm accustomed. :twisted:

That said, I'm willing to trade artistic skills at dirt cheap rates for a limited time. Always wanted an IG character portrait? Perhaps just some decoration for the house at home? Trying to decide what to get mom for mother's day? I'm willing to work in nearly any 2-d media and subject, though I certainly specialize in realistic fantasy/sci-fi. I'm willing to do simple subjects in Black and white (or some monochrome pallete) for less than the price of an Alliance event. Color or complexity would increase rates, but I'm willing to work with you to find a fair rate.

For those unfamiliar with my work I have a Bachelor of Fine arts in Illustration from Syracuse and was recently honored by being included in the 2007 "Spectrum: The year's best in Contemporary Fantastic Art" art book. Here's a few samples:

Illustration
bdfoster_round1_TD.jpg

Escape_rework.jpg

bd03.jpg

3928.jpg

5773.jpg

cdc4.jpg

Teddy-Bear-Tea.jpg

Portraits

4f7b.jpg

3689.jpg

1168.jpg

6390.jpg

TheKiss.jpg

Valentines06.jpg

match41_Bdfoster_round1.jpg

HeadStudy.jpg

Sketches and Works in Progress

Sketchbook60.jpg

WhenlastIsawthesunrise.jpg

Blasted.jpg

Sketchbook46.jpg

Ascension_afteroils1.jpg

Waters_edge_underpaint_web.jpg

PC191655.jpg

For anyone interested, PM me to discuss in more detail. I'm more than willing to provide more samples in a certain area if something strikes your fancy. Thanks for looking!

-Ben

Yep. '95-'99 (dating myself).

Nothing like being an art student living in Sadler. A 2'x3' portfolio may as well be a sail with the wind that runs next to the dome.

Red House still standing?

roycifer said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... "Hello," again, Ben!

Hola Senor Booth. As a weaver of words, you should know how (deliberately?) ambiguous your post here is. ;) It's good to hear from you nonetheless. Just remember the shipping from CT to MN is not that bad. :D

I have no talent at all in any arts typ things
but you are a Master!
very nice stuff!

FW

Ben Foster said:
Yep. '95-'99 (dating myself).

Nothing like being an art student living in Sadler. A 2'x3' portfolio may as well be a sail with the wind that runs next to the dome.

Red House still standing?

My brother taught art classes at Syracuse around that time... Jeffrey Ventrella?

Anyway, you know you can always donate some of these for GS for our race packets and Players Guides... and we don't even need the originals!

Fearless Leader said:
My brother taught art classes at Syracuse around that time... Jeffrey Ventrella?

Anyway, you know you can always donate some of these for GS for our race packets and Players Guides... and we don't even need the originals!

What did he teach? The name doesn't ring a bell, but that doesn't mean I didn't have him. I started LARPing after I graduated, so I had no name association to make at the time. ;)

As for donating... It's a thought. I'm much higher on my need for cash than Goblin Stamps these days. :lol:

Grawr. I would so love a duality picture done of Wildescent and Lady Death. I'll have to ask the hubby.

We need a painting of the many characters of JTF!

Wilde_Night said:
Grawr. I would so love a duality picture done of Wildescent and Lady Death. I'll have to ask the hubby.

That would be AWESOME except I'd want one done with Jesse (me) and Marcena (my gypsy).

(cross post from the Fiction/Art section)

For anyone that doesn't play HQ, here's a portrait of Glorianna that someone commissioned after seeing the posts here on the boards. :D

GloriPortrait_web.jpg

OMG that's awesome! We need to hang that in the tavern.

I'd like to commission such a piece but I don't know which characters to include (either one or a montage). The artists needs some pictures to work from - there are a few in the best of us all thread - can anyone share some more?
Telokh_Amdo said:
We need a painting of the many characters of JTF!

Ezri said:
OMG that's awesome! We need to hang that in the tavern.

Hmm... I have this image of huge tapestries of Glorianna hanging all over the place, with all kinds of slogans, a la Communist Russia... Or Sealab 2021 under Commissar Murphy.

Its in my house not in the tavern
:p

Ben you're incredible man! It's been a while bro, I hope we run into each other at an event in the near future. Be well friend.

-Justin Coggin

Back