Sarr vrs Gnolls

jwconvery

Spellsword
So why do all Sarr hate gnolls? Is it really just 'cats and dogs' I hope not, that seems like a poor reason. If that were true, my house cat hates birds waAAaay more then dogs, but I don't have to attack all Biata on-sight.

My particular chapter does not have a race packet that includes a reason, so I am curious. If having 'resist posion' and claws means I have to hate gnolls, I am fine with it. But I'd like a reason. The answer can't really be FOIG. If that were true, I might FOIG that there is no reason, other then 'it says so in the book' which makes it tough to roleplay something other then blind uncaring rage.

Is there some ancient history out there that can explain this?

-Joe

Hi Joe,
It really depends on which chapter you play, and how the plot team has specified it. For example, in one chapter there might be a great war - in another, there might be a great weapon that allows one of them to rule over the other, so both sides are 'questing' after it. In yet another, sarr and certain types of gnolls have flung aside their differences until after the greater threat is all wiped away. Some chapters have race packets where the Sarr are rather adverse to necromancy, and a standard Gnoll heart-eater stat card is necromantic, as is a Raiser. This gives Sarr from that packet reason enough :). So it really actually depends on the chapter, and your local plot team.

Hope this helps,
-Ali
Who has been playing a sarr for 4 years. Go Figure :)

And so does Ali. But we love her anyway. <3

We just wanted races that had mortal enemies, like dwarves and trolls. The gnoll thing is in the national packet (and in the Rule Book) but it is indeed up to your local chapter to provide a cool history why that should be.

Conflict does = plot, but I must point out (because internet searches on "racism is fun" will now flag our message board) that fantasy races hating other fantasy races is perfectly ok. Descriminating outside our game based on race/gender/sexual orientation/sexual identity/religious creed/etc is NOT COOL (or condoned).

Also, anyone who seriously looks at the context of the comment will easily realize it was very sarcastic...

web hits don't care about that.

no, but if anyone is looking into the "seriousness" of those web hits they should see that...

says the man in blackface.

Actually I've looked it up. what we do does NOT qualify under any "blackface" laws in any way. The worst thing that we could really get "tagged" for would be concealment, but this is something I've actually checked out because on occasion I will get into makeup at different levels before going somewhere, so its important to know the laws.

But seriousness aside... yea :D

Back