Scroll anything / Scroll Trap

Pendrag

So bit of a niche rules interaction, but if a temporary scroll is created with the Crafting ability Scroll anything. Can it then be used in a scroll trap assuming it is within the LP it was created?

I couldn't find any specific verbiage regarding if the scroll created was treated any differently for purposes like this. But seeing as scroll anything could be used to make 9th level spells would it theoretically be possible to creat a Area effect Prison scroll trap?

You could definitely put a Scroll Anything created scroll in a scroll trap, but a Prison scroll would not be able to be put in a scroll trap because it is an Eldritch Force effect, and Eldritch Force (and Protective/Enhancement) scrolls cannot be put into scroll traps, per ARB page 174.

Oh thats good to know. I really like the added utility that gives. I assume the 1LP duration on the scrolls would render the trap disarmed once that expires then? Or is it considered consumed when armed and then the traps duration take over?

A scroll trap loaded with a Scroll Anything scroll would not be disarmed when the scroll expires but, if triggered after the scroll expires, would do nothing.

*snap!, puff of air*

A scroll trap loaded with a Scroll Anything scroll would not be disarmed when the scroll expires but, if triggered after the scroll expires, would do nothing.
Good to know, would still make great impromptu traps I can't wait to see what shenanigans I can come up with.

Back