Searching for a Catalyst

She saw a dwarf, a very tall dwarf mind you, looking about with a dull look on his face. She walked over, wondering what brought him here. He was well armed, so clearly he did not need a black smith. Maybe he was looking for potions, or supplies? The hobling scooted between the crowd, anyone looking this lost was sure to need something, which meant there was a means to make a few coins.

She walked out infront of the dwarf, "Where you looking for something my friend?".

Brunor was taken by surprise to see a hobling go in front of him. "Yes I do my friend. I'm looking to acquire a catalyst to destory this mace i'm wielding". He shows it to the hobling. "Its a soul link weapon I got by chance a few months ago. I was told that in order to destory it I need a catalyst and ritural scroll. Any chance you may have one yourself or know someone who might?

She wore a thoughtful look on her face, a slight smirk snuck through. Then she quickly changed her expression to one of excitement. "I can help you with that!", she burst out as she started fishing through her bag, only to suddenly stop. "It's just over there!", she said and pointing in no specific direction, "I'll go fetch it!". Then dashed off, scooting around a corner. A few moments later, she bounded back, waving a piece of paper around.

"Here it is!", she declared, and shoved the sheet in the dwarfs face. The paper is filthy and torn, stained, and scribbled all over in words you can't really make out. Abruptly she pulls the paper back and shoves it back in her bag. "Soooo? What do you think my friend?"

Brunor stands still waiting till hobling comes back then slightly surprised at the paper being shoved at his face. "That is what a Catalyst is if so I'm very forturne to have meet you. What your name by the way? Mine's Brunor Deyhammer." Brunor thinks to himself hmm I thought this would be a bit more unique.

"Catalyst? No! It's a scroll! That's why it's paper! With writing and all that. Brunor is it? I'm Liv, well Oliva, but Liv is fine." She rambled, talking with her hands as she went. "I could see if anyone I know has some catalysts, but I've got a scroll, and it can be yours! You're going to have to buy it of course, I can't just give things away. Bad for business you know."

"Ah wasn't sure if it was a Catalyst or not. Haven't seen one before. I think I'll just call you Oliva. I try and call people by their proper names. If you can find someone who has a catalyst that would be great. Naturally I'd buy the scroll from you. Nothing is for free after all. How much you want for that scroll?"

"Well, normally I'd charge three gold for such a scroll, but destroying that mace sounds like important business! So, I'll give you a deal my friend, one gold and its yours." Liv said with a grin.

"Aye it is important to destory that mace I've got. I'll gladly pay a gold for that scroll that is needed. Brunor pulls out a gold coin. Here is the coin the scroll Oliva."

Liv stifles a giggle and pulls the sheet of tattered parcment out of her bag. "I'm glad I was able to help you out Brunor!", she says as she hands over the scroll. With her other hand she reaches for the coin. "I'll ask around if anyone I know has some catalysts for sale, and send them your way."

She goes to pick up the coin while the scroll sits loosely in her hand, easy for Brunor to pick up. "Where are you staying? So I know where to send anyone who has catalysts."

"Aye you were lass. Brunor hands over the coin and grabs the scroll and puts into his bag. That would be very hopefully if you find somone who has a catalyst. I'm usually either in the forge or at Ogre's head. Thanks for helping me out Oliva again. I hope to see you again soon."

Rumours from the marketplace reach Yetta's ears. It appears that not only did Brunor buy an item from someone other than herself-- but to add insult to injury it was another Hobling!!! Determined to confront him when next she saw him, Yetta tries to not let how upset she is ruin her disposition. Not good for customer service, after all.

:tears:

Back