Seattle 2.0 Playtest: Sunday Dec. 4th

Polare

Count
Greetings Seattle players!

I'll be running a playtest for the 2.0 ruleset next Sunday, Dec. 4th at Hamlin Park in Shoreline from 10 AM to 2 PM. For reference, that actually means 10 AM, not the "larp version" of 10:30 or 11 :)

No NDA is required to attend this playtest, so if that's held you back from joining one before, you don't have to worry about it anymore! The latest version of the Playtest Packet (0.8) is publicly available in the Playtest forum here: https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/playtest-packet-v0-8.33536/

If you don't have access to that forum, you can ask to be added to it as per the instructions in this post: https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/playtesting-ruleset-2-0.33334/

Please let me know here or on the Alliance Seattle Facebook group if you will be able to attend. While I'll have a variety of sample characters and magic items prepared, feel free to bring a 10th and 20th level version of your character along with a magic item with up to 6 of the new rituals. We'll be running through one or more modules set up for the playtest. As noted in the Playtest Packet, we'll be playtesting two versions of the shield rules, so please bring oversized shield physreps if you have them available from other LARPs (I'll bring a couple of my own as well) so we can compare and contrast.

This is your opportunity to be part of the upcoming Alliance 2.0 ruleset! Feedback from prior playtests has helped shape the rules and will continue to do so moving forward. We'd love to see as many there as possible!

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory
Alliance Seattle Head of Rules

Checking with the over unit to see if I can finally make one of these.

How does this work if you want to make a production using character like having read magic or alchemy 3? Do we get a set amount of production items or only what we can make?

If we take any of the new store ability like items, can we consider them to be currently full or do we need to charge them ourselves?

Will there be downtimes between the fights for skills like mediate?

Thanks!

For the primary module, there will be a series of encounters with breaks in between in which to do time-based things (refit, meditate, etc.). Characters with production skills will have the opportunity to come in with several batches of that production. Rituals that have "fillable slots" (Spell Store, Store Ability, Memory Strike, etc.) will need to be filled by the PCs before the module starts. The intent is to give a better view into how a day runs across several encounters.

Note: Current 10 day weather forecast suggests cold (~40 degrees) and wet (60% chance precipitation). Dress warmly and consider bringing an extra pair of socks.

Insert comment about PAC NW. Oy.

Back