Seeking Assistance With Large Project

Draven

Count
Friends, both those of Tarndale and elsewhere,

I am going to try to organize a large project to be completed as soon as possible to assist with the upcoming food concerns. But I'm going to need help, and a critical piece of information answered.

Does anyone know how far the Blight reaches? I need to know if there is safe, fertile ground in the Valley. If there is not, I will need to figure out something else.

If you are also willing to assist in my project, as I'll likely need all the help I can get, please let me know.

-Sergeant Zeth

((OOG Note: If you are willing to assist, please PM me your email address, as this will be a joint downtime submission.))

I do lots of scouting and hunting, so will let you know if I find out anything.

(I already submitted my downtime, which includes hunting and trying to map out areas of interest)

Thank you, Snows, though I think I'll need a bit more immediate info. If I wait until you're done, it may be too late. If there is no information to be had, though, I might just have to try anyways.

Draven said:
Thank you, Snows, though I think I'll need a bit more immediate info. If I wait until you're done, it may be too late. If there is no information to be had, though, I might just have to try anyways.

(asked to change some of my downtime: Sidenote: I will keep Zeth informed on all mapping locations I find including unaffected by Blight areas (if there are any). So hopefully they will write you in immediately).

I've been poking around a bit. Not looking for fertile ground, but I can certainly try. The better the ground the tastier the grass right?

-Fiik

((Plot note: feel free to include conditionals in your downtime submission based on what you discover in the first part. Policy))

I would love to help you in any way you need.

Can't speak for the surrounding area but at the least my farm, Daybreak, was unharmed. The rest that I have seen... Not so good.

Considering portal travelers haven't been forthcoming with information for us "simple folk", what happened? Why are all our crops dying?

-Rufus Mercator

Well, I am trying to figure out...lookin for patterns...

Master Rufus,

At the last gathering there was a, only way I can describe it is a tree spirit, that was bent on destroying the town. I do not know exactly where it came from, but it came out swinging. After several hours of combat, with it and its minions, it was finally brought down. When it was brought down, it cursed the land with blighted crops. Blighted crops is a necromantic ritual to wither and kill crops. How for the curse radiates out is unknown.

At this point, we are searching for the scrolls and materials to revers the curse and set things right. Tell then, I suggest all the adventurers take time to go hunting, fishing, put in as much help as they can at the farms that are untouched.

To the towns folk, I apologize that you were left in the dark and not told what was going on. Someone should have told you sooner.

Squire Tanis

I did let Toland know what was going on the following day, but there has been some excitement in the Valley of late. Perhaps the news got misplaced somewhere. At least now it is known.

I can tell you one thing about the tree things that kept trying to kill us. They don't like salad dressings. Not sure why. I thought one in particular would look great with a bit of buttermilk ranch, while the rest seemed more like the balsamic vinaigrette type.

-Fiik

That's wonderful that you can make light of the potential starvation of my people...

Thank you for your reply, Squire Tanis.
-Rufus Mercator

That's what we bards do. We crack jokes, sing songs and offer a drink. People often thrive in the face of adversity, and the biggest threat to that success is the depression that sets in from focusing on all the bad. So it's up to people like me to keep the morale up, keep people smiling, singing and moving forward. Raise the people's spirits, raise their hopes.

-Fiik

And apologize for unintended offense, yes? So as to help those in rough times not believe you are paying the cost of your humor with their expense? Or however that saying goes.

-Sergeant Zeth

Really? We're going to turn a single light-hearted joke into an attack on the people? 'Oh no, someone made a funny during our serious time! We should all berate him until he's as gloomy as we are.' In all seriousness, you need to lighten up. What will the people think when they see their leaders scolding a goat for trying to bring a smile to their faces? Probably that they don't have time, or aren't allowed to be cheerful. That'll raise their spirits all right.
And how have I been paying for my humor? I've been looking for better fields, checking to see where the plants are healthy and growing. When asked, I jumped right in to help out. I'm not standing on the sidelines making snide remarks at the people, I'm standing among them making jokes for them.

-Fiik

I think you misunderstand me. Perhaps I will try to avoid to sayings of other people so as to avoid that.

I am certain your intentions were good, master...bard, was it? I was simply mentioning that it is usually common courtesy to apologize for one's words when they offend, even if not deliberately , so as to soothe a wound you may have accidentally inflamed, such as Master Rufus'.

I do not mean to lecture or berate you, far from it! It is my desire, much as your own, that our community is at peace within itself, yes?

That being said, I would also ask you not to lecture me, either. I do not know you, and have no grievance with you, nor do I wish any.

You have my apologies Draven. I interpreted your words wrong. It sounded as if you were implying that I had meant offense. I have had bad experience with someone stating my words were an attack before, thus I tend to brandish my horns when it happens.

Accepted, and I certainly hope that Master Rufus understands you meant no disrespect, and only sought to lighten heavy hearts.

I look forward to working with you to brighten these dark times.

Honestly Mr. Zeth, I don't. He isn't among friends, in a small group, he is speaking into the minds of all in the valley; many who don't wish this situation to be taken lightly. Perhaps the bard should consider where he is telling his "jokes" before doing so. A good performer usually considers his audience before attempting a performance.

The Tarndalians are listening. Though your words may amuse some, there are those of us that are facing a blight that we simply CANNOT walk away from, even if we wanted to. You all can leave through the portal or walk the mists, so I understand why it is easy for you to joke about... Don't presume because we aren't smiling that our morale is broken. You couldn't begin to understand the adversity our people have suffered at the hands of the corrupt and every other damned thing trying to kill us.

So stand in defense of your rude words, without apology. Justify your little quips and jokes but do not be surprised if you find yourself without an audience or a welcoming township. I just find it funny that you will apologize to the fellow who can extinguish your life with magic but when you offend a "meek town merchant" you continue to justify your offense.

-Rufus

Back