Seeking The Destined to aid against The Huntsman

Traceroo

Rogue
Greetings!

I am Kras Rattlestaff, wandering shaman of the Howling Woods! I am member of no tribe, and every tribe, friend to Acarthians and those of the wood and wild.

For some time, I have observed the movements of this unliving thing known as The Huntsman that stalks from the darkest wood to ravage New Acarthia and the tribes beyond. Such a creature is a menace to us all… but there is hope, I tell you, hope!

Ancient wisdom from the shamans of the Howling Woods may prevail. I know of a way to disempower The Huntsman, sap some of its strength, strip from that creature the power to summon endless numbers of lesser undead by use of that horn The Huntsman carries. It can be done!

To accomplish this, I call upon those of you who are among what we call the “Destined,” those whose destinies are not yet written, those who have not yet achieved 11 seasons of adventuring. Your help, and yours alone, can weaken The Huntsman. The more of you that take this quest, the greater the chance of success for all of us together against this menace. So tell your friends, call forth the Destined, and bring them to gather!

I will await you at 11 bells on the night of Friday the 13th, a most magical night when works of great power may be done. Not far from your tavern, up the road that leads out of town, go to the left and there is a clearing around a flagpole. Meet with me there, Destined, and I will tell you of The Huntsman, and how we may work together toward its defeat!

[OOG from Plot: The concept of the “Destined” refers to characters who are below 11th Level. There are certain effects in this storyline available only to characters under Level 11, and achievement of those effects cannot be faked IG. This encounter is open to players of all levels, and any character may attend this introduction encounter, but the central elements of this story activity and action are directed to the Destined.

If you’re not familiar with the described encounter site at this camp, walk from the tavern toward the road used by cars to get up to your location. After you pass Monster Camp (the last building), turn left and follow the path marked by rocks. Ahead up on the right is a clearing with a flagpole. That location is as far from the tavern IG as it is OOG for purposes of this encounter.]

Templeton: "Sounds a little risky, perhaps we should stick to the guilds. I think I'd like to attend the mage guild..."
Castlelot: "Nope, not for me, I have no use for that magic stuff so no guild. But I'll go see what this Rattlestaff has to offer against the Huntsman."
Johan: "I think I could loot some gold along the way. Probably a lot more than at a boring mage meeting."
Kennedy:"Ya, meetings are boring... Well, except when we talk to a strange Shaman about zombies!"
Templeton: *groan*

Back