Sept 2016 favorites

J'rajj

Chicago Staff
Thanks npcs and players for a really fun event! What was everyone's favorite mod? favorite costume and/or makeup? favorite joke they heard? most baller loot they got?

The bee mod was my favorite, and I'm not even keen on rp heavy stuff. Sam teaching us bee thriller was hilarious.
Killing the great mushroom went really smoothly, which was nice.
It was awesome to finally use my new spear, I think it fits my fighting style well.
Making new friends and the company meeting room was probably my favorite of all though.

This was one of my best event. I loved the mix of RP and combat

-NPC on beekin mod great job. Aramis was a form of beekin Bliss.
-All the fun rituals Aramis was part of. By our powers combined...
- official casting my first ritual. I guess Liddia and Elle helped. LOL
- The Dream imp beating the ground as we chanted his name
-A portal appears from a tent with 3 3/4 nobles in it. less then 15 second later other PC first thought "let throw the big crab in the big portal"
-the Kitchen
-All the stone elf stuff.
- while everyone else in morning Artea. Aramis telling Sam in his mind " we need to see in any part of him is left once everyone leave"
- not being the most heartless people on site when Artea died. Pike great Rping with you.
- Harconion at B-fast " I want you to get me breakfast."
Aramis "is that a request or Command"
Harconion "A Command. I don't think you know how I am."
Aramis "No I do. We have met before when you wanted to Burn the stench of Liddia out of me"
Harconion "Perhaps he have met"
Aramis "would you like meat or no meat"...
- Looking back to see the crew ready to bust out of the door if the stone elves attacked Aramis during our privet meeting
- Talking with King O'Dell. and Draco taking it like a champ
- Being the one right person to run in to the Sarr before the Shroom Mod all because I did not want to leave Asura behind. yea being able to waystone, knowing where to go and having all the weapons need.

Jon D/ Armais Seablade

It was truly a solid event from both sides in my eyes. Thanks to all the NPCs that drove down from SoMN, as well as the Emma A. Also for the fence hopping of Mike and Teague. It's great to have so many NPCs in MC that are willing and able to go on just about anything. While I'm looking forward for what's to come in the Kaz'ik Finale next month, I quite enjoyed a few things below:

- Artea Permming. Everything about that was amazing. The newbie J. Crew Bandit mod, the recovery of the "stuffed duck", the finding of his hat and the children's book having PCs draw pictures. All that was amazing. The book was fantastic to each little detail. The ritual itself couldn't have gone better. Artea was the first NPC I made as a plot person and it's been a great 5 years of interactions with people. It was truly a pleasure with each interaction.
- Similar note, finally calling "Finkle" Foss right before dissipating. Only time in 5 years I've ever called him his name correctly.
- Edgar Saban sailing ritual--nicely done Jon/Amanda/Matt/Christina
- Grimshaw, true hero of his long lost love he never knew he had. Excellent performances for the Bandit King of Hearts Mod.
- Singing Crab is about to be thrown into the Dream Portal, "50 Ice" from Pyro. Crab screams and runs away.
- Jasper, Antigana and Harrcoran rift into a Tavern. Loved the makeup and costuming of the 3 of us.
- The Great Shrooooooom Mod. The pacing was good, the fighting was smooth. Tom telling me he prepared a Flame Trap and me not trying to smile as that was the only way to perm TGS and prevent his escape. Getting to channel my "General Strava being pulled into the Wrathgate(somn folks)" scream upon his final death.
- Seeing PC reactions to the "Sky Karp" and "Land Karp" mod.
- Surprise Bday(30yrs old arrg) and 5yr Plot cake. Thanks so much, it was delicious in the most un=choclately way possible.
- Haraka's tail dagger.
- Jordan, Ryan and Will's Myconid "headgear".

More I'm sure to remember! Great event, can't wait to see everyone at the finale.

-Ryan

Really Great event in general. As always it was great to see everyone. A few favoriates out of the whole weekend(Which I loved).

-Finding the note to go after the Undead bandate king of hearts when I went to make sure Spades was gone.
-The prickle monster myself and my girlfriend became under the influance of the love efect swung by King of hearts minions. (Sorry to that wonderful NPC. That became a number storm)
-The amount of total coolness from everyone about meeting my girlfriend
-Ryan asking for anyother questions and me getting comforation that mushroom is considered plant so I got to use the "white Banana" on the shroom fight. (That made me very happy.)
-The shear amount of things that happened this weekend that were more RP based then fighting. It was a nice change.
-Loosing Artea. That was really awsome and very impactful event.
-Crimsroon, The color of the bigger undeads eye glow friday night
-Getting side tracked to go handle on of nehani's nest things when trying to go after the king of spades. only to come back and find he had come to town and was now dead
-Smalls and Hanging with Azure Keep defenders(Yea guild)
-Talking with grimshaw about him doing a thing
-"She has dimples, how cute" As said by lidda as I was under the influance of a laugh effect
-Hannibal again. (He is a total butthead)
-being thrown by Hannibal and the three in a row butt hits with 100 elemental damage
-Talk about the four canidadtes becoming squires, And the polite, kind, and great reaction I got from Ser Siril and Ser Mountiantusk
-Ser Siril explaining that I was training under Baron Davis with the guardians of the light and thus still taking on a very noble path to Ser Mountaintusk
-Baron Davis being Happy to hear that I might go looking for the King of clubs and if nothing comes of it returning to train under him and with the others under him. (I can't tell you how happy I was knowing that he really is looking forward to working with me)
-Jenn P to the rescue when overheated(Which I wish hadn't happened) and all the Pride making sure I was ok.
-The conversation with Sam on saturday night and Lidda sunday morning about my mood After the battle. (I think it is cool that you guys have taken to notice that it was odd behavior for Kat)
- "Then quit breathing my air" told to Crelge even after I told him not to talk with the stone elves that popped in.
-The cohearance of the Shroom fight. That went way better then I had expected.
-Finding the sleeping people to stop the dream creatures from popping up.
-Orri and our very crude conversation about the "banana"
-Running to go help Ser siril deal with a knoll and geting yelled at not to run off alone until said yeller say Ser siril was over by where I was running to.
-shroom infected dwarf(Same npc from heart prickle) I took weapon away from and then chased in a circle around it when she popped back up confirming my suspicions.

I am sure there was more but Just overall this weekend was great. I got to spend it with my girlfriend and actually bring her in game. Not to mention the fun I have anyways working and hanging out with everyone. Until Next time. Hopefully I will be able to see everyone at next market.

List of Me Favorites in no par-ticular order.

- Dreamers. I loved having to find Monster Spawners. Just wished I had the abilty to awaken them.
- "SUPER-FRIENDS!"
- The play with the King of Hearts.
- "Who's our hardest hitter?" Kat:"Uh, I guess Grimshaw". King of hearts: "then as our hero move back."..."Farther"..."Keep going"...
- The stone elf who wanted to "return" the child she had "purchased". That RP got me seriously worked up. like neck tighting worked up.
- Land CARP!!
- the "Carp'zik" preperation plan
- Decideing that we are going to refer to Kaz'zik as Gengar from now on.
- Thorn's secret mission and all the whispered conversations to get a group together.
- Going on said mission. Teague, you sir, as an NPC, are a pain in the *** to kill. Keep it up!!
- Krelek: "Is that a Were? OH I AM SO GOING TO GET BIT!" NPC: "You see a piranha-kin" Krelek:"You know how many of my hopes you just shattered?"
- Then returning home from said mission with the Mark of the void and us trying to play it off as something else.
- my new throwing weapons....that I never got to use.
- Maxwell's three copper joke.
- When the stone elves rifted in. DAMN! They looked BADASS!!!
- My new cot.
- "SUPER-FRIENDS!"
- the dressing up of the hall to give it more a tavern look.
- Me: "That should be our battle cry" then Maxwell and I scream "BUTT SPASAMS!" and Foss responds "Do that again and I got an eviscerate for both of you."
- the dream knoll that ran though the circle and hit me. I pointed this out he returned to the other said and pretened to bounce off the circle. Grimshaw: "Phase that bitch!" Foss: "Grimshaw what have I told you about taunting the bad guys."
- starting the event with a rescue mission.
- the 5 second "rescue the missing farmers daughter" mod - she had been trapped in the kitchen all day.
- talking about why we just can't speed up the earth a little to increase the wind.
- Staying within my armor the ENTIRE event!!
- Migs telling us about how much money he earned (on his first event, nearly 20 gold) and us repeatedly telling him we were going to roll him.
- Edwin's panic after being pressured into becoming a Void Solider.
- Just getting to hit HARDER and HARDER during the final battle. First becoming a Void Solider. then getting an Elemental Blade, then Getting Iggy's bow, then getting Nehani's bow, and every body just DUMPing arrows in to my quiver. and all the "GOT IT"s every time I tossed a packet at NPCs I could barley make out.
- and on that note, the fact that my shoulder finally released enough to be able to throw that much.
- Zima looking out for my Kat. Thanks Jenn.
- coming back from the void "You know I used to think Wayside was a nice place, now, not so much. It's to colorful."
- just about anything Maxwell.
- the weather
- the conversation with my fellow Void Soldiers after the big battle. we were laughing so hard.
- the food, namely breakfast.
- my arrow/bolt dodging and taunting NPC friend. "HONK!"
- and .....oh yeah "SUPER-FRIENDS!"

things I didn't like.
- Me walking though a nettle bush like a dolt. I am still cleaning them out of my costume.

This was just an awesome event. And the best part I am no where near as sore as I used to be, I hope it has something to do with my new workout routine.

So much to say about this event, I laughed, I cried, I nearly exploded with joy at the new kitchen. First off thanks to plot and our NPC team you guys really made this event memorable and thanks to the PCs as well, without you guys it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun. That being said here are my top moments in no particular order:

*Beekin mod was fantastic, both dances were fun and the roleplaying was top notch
*Artea and that ritual, I haven't cried like that since my grandmother died
*Telling Vorg about Artea and finally breaking that shell a little bit
*Gathering a few people for a a rescue mission so that we can quickly get in and out only to have the rest of the town show up as we were escaping. Later learned OOG that that was supposed to be the town mod for the evening. Oops.
*Finally finishing off Scarlet and LeFaunt, good riddance.
*Chasing Ronald Wrathborn in full chain, never again.
*Really feeling useful during the entire event, IBGA knowledge really comes in handy sometimes.
*Grimshaw: "Is that Kazzik eating an apple in the bar?"
Iggy: "At least he isn't devouring the whole place :D"
*Using the wall of Sarr to refit
*The new kitchen, I actually had time for mods this event.
*Chasing the healer down during the shroom mod every time she spawned
* I: "Hey Gronk, if the general is standing back up that means hes undead now, right?"
Gronk: "I don't know, why?"
I: *Destroy Undead*
General: "Got it"
Gronk: "Oh."
*Murdering the bandits with the Sarr, they didn't stand a chance
*All the fantastic RP all around, I felt this was one of our best events for interacting overall

*Chasing Ronald Wrathborn in full chain, never again.
I'll get to my favorites later, but oof. I was right there with you and it didn't feel good afterward.

Thanks to all NPCs and PCs- had a lot of great moments over the event and am sure I can only remember a fraction of the awesome at this moment. But have to call out a couple favorites.

-The late night Jupiter ritual - awesome PC repping and props
-Harley Jackayn and the Power of Love questions and most people just sort of being like ugg go away - Nahani literally chasing him out of town after hitting on Neolani was also great.
-reading the stories the Chroniclers collected and hearing PCs whisper about who they may be.
-The Bee mod was tremendous fun - loved bee thriller dance and loved the horse wrangling --also Emma A did a great job at being the queen and Aramis/Thaddeus were great sports at carrying the sofa with her on it.
-Silp's heroic one man fight in the Hero's Tower
-Although I only caught the after math the epic town emotional brake down after Artea's perm
-Iggy/Liddia late night duck delivery to Vorg and getting him to open up about a lot of his bluster and the fact he is like half the age he often hints at.
-Draco turning himself in. ..and choosing to be garroted for his execution.
-Oh and almost forgot - Ralph
-Lastly my walking into an asleep NPC camp and calling for whose awake- Tristin popping up from his bed like he had been catapulted to shout I'm up. I told him to go back to bed and he was asleep literally seconds later.

Sure there is a ton of other moments but these were the ones off the top of my head.

Extremely fun weekend, cannot wait until October. Here are some of my favorites

-Beekin mod was awesome, especially Sam and the others who danced

-Helping Thorn out with a mission

-Becoming a void soldier, then being nervous for the rest of the night because Edwin didn't want to get in trouble

-The Great Shroom mod was great, I always love fighting on that really big field

-Breakfast, lunch, and dinner was delicious

-The bigger building we were in was nice

I'm sure there was more, but I can't remember right now. See hopefully everyone in October.

So much got done this event, wow! It was great to finish up so many things before the end of the year. Thanks to all our NPCs and fence hoppers! We couldn't have done it without you.
Props to the Company for the meal service.

--The Nine breakfast party. "This is rather... What do they call it... Amusing?"
--The Arbiters of Balance finally coming to the biggest anticlimax in history! You finally found Bufo's big pile of copper and garbage! After failing to hook that mod a total of about a dozen times over two years...
--Getting my sword shattered during the Dark Dwarf opening mod, then having to trade weapons back and forth with the other Dwarves because I could figure out where the rep ended up
--The Wrathborne family drama. "Welcome to the last seventeen years of my life." "Wait wait wait. You made her undead when she was a LITTLE KID??"
--Maxwell getting jumped by Ahlanna and Foss to stop him Sacrificing for Ramona
--Late-night gnoll hunting and heart taste tests with the Pride
--Traumatizing Elle with the librarian's nightmare of Azredex. Sorry Elle! XD
--Secret mission to "rescue" the Biata. "So are we going to bury him or desecrate the body?" *starts stripping dead Stone Elf naked*
--Running into Artea on the way back from said mission-- "Well I'm super dead!" PCs: "Oh noooooo!!" :0 Ryan: "um .... Whoop whoop whoop!" *runs away*
--Scarlet "Mildred" Edington (PS thanks for always reminding me of that, Silp :p ) and LeFaunt getting smashed by Iggy and the gang
--"No adopting out orphans to Stone Elves. NO EXCEPTIONS"
--Seeing Kurzon and Foss run past us PTD storming each other to "work out their differences"
--Asura getting a group to go plane hopping after like eight tries throughout the day. Let's just say it's probably lucky you guys had some Dark Elves with you...
--Ryan's GREAT SHROOOOOOOOMMM voice, and also the ridiculous hat
--Amy Hale going on an adventure with the last 6 PCs still awake
--Red-hair Aquari getting mistaken for Sakura. "We found you! Where have you been living??" - "Huh? Finkle, you've been to Artea's house before." - "...Crap, you're just Aquari." (We did find the wig again later though!)
--Asura's written qualifying exam for the Solars Guild. "You said Flame was the best element, good choice" - "well, but you told me to choose Flame" - "See? You know how to follow directions."

Hope to see you all next month!

Was nice creating my first PC.

- "Land Carp" and "Sea Carp"

- Getting Silps explanation of who Ka'zik is.

- Searching for the hidden sleepers. (except for the brambles! thanks Grimshaw for pulling the one off my back I didn't see)

- Dreamcatchers.

- All of the fun with Vanya, Gorwon, and Miggs.

- and so much more.

A bit late but:

Althea, the former void warrior.

Artea and the bandits, what a way to welcome the new players.

The book, my butt hurt from sitting so long but I was happy with the finished product I hope it sticks around.

Kurzon's very subtle Elfey flirting. ;) (followed by his fight with Foss)

Rituals and clown faces. >_<

Sorry about the nut shot Ryan... but 37 dragons breaths and 10 flame bolts made that fight super fun for me.

Asura.... need moar farkle. :x

Azredex, the fear was real.

Not having to kidnap the duchess.

Breakfast.

Nelson, we shall meet again i promise. And I will make sure Migs is with me so he can call you on your bs again.

Mwe pow wows, I love when we're all involved. Even Petyr is part of our group. :3

Liddia wasn't even mad about the scrolls.

Big glowing ball of memories!

Back