Sept 2017 favorites?

Eldandiril

Scout
Chicago Staff
I know it's only Sunday afternoon and y'all are still dead... but does any one want to share their favorites while their fresh? :)

A great event all around, I heard comments saying that this was one of the best shows of cohesion among Wayside adventurers, and I have to agree!

-Thorn's sporadic conversations with Valentino and Rodrick were a blast, its always fun to have another "here is why commands are bad" speech from Thorn. You Gaden guys are great!
-The formation and re-formation of the shield wall in the fight of the 30, I don't know if I've ever seen a better structured wall in wayside, at least for as long as it lasted.
-Late night RP mod as the bladedancer, I wasn't expecting that to be as emotional as it was, but absolutely loved it.
-Asura's devastating attack against the first fire giant we came across. Almost won the fight right there (sorry Nate!)
-"Cyn, its just that sometimes you can be a little...intimidating." "WHAT!? HOW AM I INTIMIDATING, THORN?"
-Emrik's(sp?) realization of his racial missteps. "They're called Tribesmen?' 'Yea, and its not dark elf, its Vornae.' 'What!?' 'Yea, its also not MiWi, its Mystic.' 'WHAT? Have I been racist this whole time?"
-And yet another talk with cultural sensitivity with Foss, after taking aura from Thorn's hand just to turn around and throw a command.

I'm sure there are many more, but El is right on me being dead tired. All in all, a great event!

-That rumor that was started by an unknown adventure that Migs is actually called "Murderous Migs the Scourge of BunnyKin".
-All the new players!
-Lu's big axe conversations.
-Kyle the Fire giant patiently waiting for someone to loot him so he could dissipate.
-Opening the door on the first undead of the evening only to have Kat drop him in one hit.
-MEATBALLS!!!!!!!!
-Finding out that Forgotten Hope in Arbor houses 168 young ones?! Just trying to Figure out how Grim never noticed before.
-Ritual casting to improve my blade. I am so happy!!!
-My new Iron Roses Dagger.
-My New Iron Roses Favor.
-Random Sparing with Veronica.
-"Wait, what about the imprisoned Dwarf?" Freed Slave: "Oh him I pushed him off the cliff."
-"Do have any CO's in Sailing?" Binks:"No but I do own THREE ships."
-Cyn's surprise at Kurzon on the porch.
-"We open the bid for the sword at 200 gold" Assembled adventures: <awkward silence and a quiet cough>
-Packet clean up that was all in one place, alot of packets but all in one place.
-Sean's NPC Molly the baker and the Dramatic Chipmunk revel of how bad he looked as a woman in that wig.
-Gargoyle with the spirit linked shield.
-cool weather
-"just hit them in the cajones." Veronica :"I don't have cajones" Emerik: "She's right girls don't have em." Grimshaw:" Wait, She's a girl!"
-Nuka's face when Grim slipped out of character and spoke as James. "If I don't hear the accent I not sure what I'm seeing" Cyn: "I know right. It's like seeing a dog walk on two legs."

Last edited:
Oh... gess this event was definitely a different pace. but here are some of my favorite things.

-"there are undead right outside the only door out".... Edwind's quick open and close of the door. ... I grabbed to packets in my hand. .... "hey Edwin... open the door."... it swings open... takes a moment before it steps around. "Active harm undead" .. I smacked it square in the chest. that sudden pause for the hit to process before it went down. ... Made me so happy to do that.
-being taught how to interpret my tarot cards and learning what I drew was not an answer to my question but an answer to a current problem.
-Going with Ell to get a vision scroll for Baron Fairfax and the conversation about what the Lions on my shield mean.
-Being the 5th person to cry after a spirit card reading from ell. ... it was a happy cry.
-Hearing Ser silverleaf use my title to get my attention. .... I know it's silly but it really made me feel better knowing it is an acknowledged title. ...... Now if only the adventures would get that *cough cough *Foss *cough cough*
- the beautifully held shield wall/line defending the gate. Things could not have gone smoother.
-.. Have the conversation with Bluewater and finalizing my decision to leave the defender's of azure keep to focus on my goal with the guardians of the light. ... it was uncomfortable and made some people rather upset but I need to do it to stay grounded in who I was.
-The dead silence when the auction was going and I opened with 20 gold on the resist greater command item...... Finally acting on advice given long ago by marster....

I just wanted to say, thanks to all the npcs. Thank you to the Pcs who were patient during check in with the small snags we encountered. Special thanks to Nick for stuffing envelopes to further streamline the process, Kyle for stepping over and helping a new player and then taking Nicks spot after lay on, and Rob for warning me of the printing hiccups. We got it all figured out and everyone checked in smoothly.

Here's some favorites:

-two dryads, a selunari, a mystic, an elf, and a human walk into the woods looking for some goblins.... they coming out with town allies instead... you think I'm joking but no, they did what we haven't been able to do for years.
-doing my duty as cup bearer for multiple cups and multiple people at breakfast.
-copious amounts of coffee
-kitchen accommodations, thank you for being willing to meet my special requests.
-attunment and vengeful character development. *shakes fist at Hannibal guy and blows 4 resists to succeed*
-coming back from the keep to sit and have a chat with Kat, Raquel, and Vanya.
-Vanya volunteering Garwon for guardianship.
-helping Kat understand her situation.
-hey, random stranger, I bought this wine and can't decide which one to save for this guy I might like.
-Being part of the attack squad and finally joining the rest of the town in epic fashion.
-finishing my booze in the rift before combat
-baron selmi circle time and discussing a rockingchair.
-"Hey Elle, your mancandy is outside" and subsequently running into Sir Silverleaf in the doorway.
-awkward but sweet character development.
-thanks random stranger who looked remarkably like a knight, he liked the blueberry. Lol
-fire time
-proclaimimg that Ark is a grump
-nice Axe
-does anyone want me to grab more wood?
-Rose the firekeeper.
***added*** -Noisily rifling through Foss' things at the keep and only dropping one thing before rifling through my own things.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you more as our characters grow closer and can't wait for next event to begin establishing how awesome of a team we could be. :)

Thanks again
Vicki

Last edited:
was a good event.

in no specific order other than how they come to mind.

• Gargoyles, "hey whats that sound, oh its giving out nice things maybe we should go outside"
  • The shield wall in the last battle, we stayed together without breaking ranks; if we stepped out to hit a giant, we were able to step back and reform quickly
  • Getting my iron rose dagger and favor; thanks Cyn
  • All of the new people!
Probably more but it's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Was a fantastic event!

Great event
  • Murderous Migs rummer
  • How all of my tarot cards pointed to rebirth (I'll let you decide if that pertains to the previous point)
  • Barron Bluewater's one marble.
  • How I said "Well at least there is no sign of Lore or Believe this event" less than an hour later "What is this ball of gas and flame? O whats that, its a gift from Lore?"
  • Foss asks me the biggest three threats right now. A while later "Foss, I think I need to add a fourth"
  • Veronica (An out of game friend) joining us
  • Eka's dwarf who avenges her uncle who died earlier (played by her) then promptly dies.

Last edited:
  • RP with The Shade Mother and helping her daughters heal from her loss and letting the Shade finally rest.
  • Dropping a Wall of Force quietly at the door during that made to keep the Gargoyles out.
  • Everyone telling me how bad Brood are and to not go to take care of the one in Anret to be bought on a mod to kill Brood to find out it was not the same group. And then 9 other people being like ok let go get the one ones.
  • the Noble grievance circle. and Aramis starting thing off with a question of "Is Wayside committing genocide to the Stone Elves."
  • Having a real talk with the noble and sharing thoughts and feeling that Aramis has heard from other adventures. And feeling that it was heard and accepted as a possibility.
  • Talking with Grimshaw about my meatballs and keeping the stone elf look
  • Town Fight Line. Great job everyone from the leadership to everyone filling their role.
  • Cyn throwing boulders back at the Giants
  • the line RPing with NPC during the fight at the gate. Sam I want to know if the date happens in a year with you at the Stone Elf.
  • Aramis Ask one of the Stone Elf his rank in the Mage Collective for Alex to reply "here is my rank" and the whiffing on a Flame bolt. My reply "So not very high, you should join us"
  • Walking the Baron back with Joseph, as the Merchants are the guards to get reaped up in a second mod to talk with the Turtle Tribe and Having my CO really help out. and learning a new form of measurement.

- Sam and Binks defusing the Azure Keep bombs. A simple, but intense trap mod.
- Ashery's hat/hair/costume get up was great for a Dryad
- Newbie mod w/ Grimshaw and Ilana
- "Let's see, anyone have Co Sailing?"-Rob. "No, but I own three ships"-Me.
- Asura's first spell packet throw of the night, Ice Bolt to Nate's groin
- Training Veronica sword fighting

I'm sure I'll think of more.

-Learning one handed edged from Sir Foss!

-Getting to help with the auctions! They're a lot a fun.

-Going to the plane of ice. Through a hole in my farm. And all the awesome people who tagged along!

-Getting to tag along with the highbies Saturday night. Even if I mostly just babysat Enan's circle!

Crescent/Jessica

Thanks to all the npcs and pcs. It was a great event, at least the parts i got to participate in! This was a very strange event for iggy, but here are some of my favorites.

* getting to do a lot of heavy rp, thanks sean, nadine, jon, etc.

*talking with all the fresh adventurers

*dueling ashura, sorry vorg is a ****

*sparring time with dramthin and others. We need to work harder and git gud

*being a battle commander for the 30. Amazing job everyone involved. Im super proud of you ig and oog.

*the moment nehani, me, sam, and eve steped in front of the line and all of us made the "bring it" pose.

Thanks again everyone.

——————————————————
Ig: Ignathis Nachtfeuer
Oog: Ethan Rath

> be me, NPC stone elf caster
> Rival PC stone elf asks me about stone elf things
> "****, i dont know anything about stone elves, better just throw a spell at him"
> completely miss
k7sYk.jpg

The thrown rocks
The Gargoyles, and South Westhaven
The battle with the 30.
Iggy and the Sunday morning antics
Murderous Miggs

All in all an emotional but enjoyable weekend.

Even though I didn't do a lot this event, it was great to finally be back for a full event in Chicago.

-Great Sam and Binks moments. From the most stressful bomb defusing ever to Barbarian diplomacy. Always a treat with Binks.
-While I loved the line fight, I enjoyed the sparing with Valentino and Dramthin after the fight even more.
-Speaking of Valentino, had a blast doing our late night Herbal Lore teaching lesson.
-Speaking of Dramthin, oh how I have missed John Greenwood and I'm stoked that he's back around.
- I loved seeing all the new players. Come back for more silliness!
-Man, one of these days I will go on a mod with Squire Lu and NOT have questionable alchemy accidently used in front of her, I swear!
-Also enjoyed my mini-dance with Lu, and when Foss asked to cut in and then promptly started dancing with Sam.
-"Ignatius, is a surgeon with a blade, he is absolutely wasted as your cook" "He does other things too, you know"
-Aramis' delicious balls
-Had a blast bringing along Illana during a Northlunds intel mission where she did a fantastic job pitching "tree strawberries"
-Rob's empowered Tribesmen. "That's right I'm taking the name Barbarian back. Making it our word"

Back