September 17-19th Weekend event is being moved to October

Jim

Scholar
Due to events beyond our control there has been a scheduling conflict at the Scout office for the weekend of September 17-19th. We are moving the event to the weekend of October 8-10th. The official announcement for the October weekend has been posted.
We are going to have a DAY event instead on September 18th. That official announcement has also been posted.

Thank you for your understanding.

October 8-10 is over the Seattle Event, and is two weeks from the Oregon Event, FYI.
Both chapters have already received commitments from some SF players.

Our players by and large decided they would rather not share our event site with 200 boy scouts. This was the next weekend the site had available and was kind enough to hold it for us while we polled the players. Any conflict with other chapters as a result is regretable, but unavoidable if we wish to still have an event.

Sarah

Inaryn said:
Our players by and large decided they would rather not share our event site with 200 boy scouts. This was the next weekend the site had available and was kind enough to hold it for us while we polled the players. Any conflict with other chapters as a result is regretable, but unavoidable if we wish to still have an event.

Sarah

+1

We did poll the players on the date move and the response was overwhelming to move to this date. Sadly things happen, like the Oregon 3 day showing up a weekend before our August weekend, but I think we all understand how scheduling things can work out. We got hit last minute with this and had few open options for a new weekend. I hope our players can attend both our event and Oregon's. I also won't begrudge any who decide to travel up to Seattle and miss ours.

Thanks,

Jim

Back