September 2018 Favorites!!

KialdaLoa

Scholar
New Hampshire Staff
YO, MY NERD FRIENDS. THIS WEEKEND WAS AMAZING. Please help me continue to hype and revel in the delightful memories we just made by sharing your favorite moments!

I'll post mine when I sleep and recover a bit, but I wanted to kick start this thread and say a very special thank you to this community and all my dear friends who helped me this weekend. <3 A bunch of y'all know that I've had a bit of a tough month and a particularly rough few days right before the event, so I was kinda a mess coming into it. You've all been so indescribably, incredibly helpful for me. Thank you to every single person who makes this wonderful game and community what it is. So much love. <3

Okay, here goes!

OOG hang out and recovery time. Y'all are great, supportive friends. <3 I had to talk through some junk then cry a little and laugh a lot and it was all so good.

This event overall was top notch with creativity, involvement, and attention to detail. I loved the whole black-out mind game mechanic, both for full town and small groups of people. Really engaging every time! Great consequences and lots of inspired RP!

Poor innocent Nelwyn, caught between Heresy's instigating and Ukzwe's unthreatened indifference! But resolving it with her oh-so-consoling "if I'm insulted by you, you'll know instantly. No need for worrying." was pretty on-brand and hilarious. Seriously, you all put up with a lot of rude garbage from my self-centered cat and I appreciate it!

LARP dodgeball is always a fantastic time! Especially when it is COLOR-CODED, and my Gorbe is COLOR BLIND. Boy was she grumpy and confused the whole time, hahahaha. I always OOG love some good IG angst, lol.

JUMPY MODS ALL DAY EVERY DAY, YES PLEASE. EXCEPT, UH... SORRY I KINDA KILLED MOST OF THE OTHER PEOPLE, OOPS. Don't jump on the X, you will accidentally destroy platforms and send multiple people plummeting to their death, including your IG beloved fiance who can't actually save himself despite all your "loving encouragement" ::cough teasing and goading like a jerk cough:: ... sorryyyyy that was all definitely my fault.

Being real torn up about getting Heresy some brain-help leading to IMMENSE tension with Saria. It was a brief moment, but the "Can you fix him?" "You're being impatient and unhelpful" "Well will you do this or not?!" back and forth felt heated enough to almost light her fur on fire, lol.

Roark and his reading the bones and his teaching! I can't believe the RP that you inspired so naturally! I had no plans for her to learn first aid, but it suddenly struck her as very important and he was so eager to help! Also, Kyle, I freaking love you to pieces, you are the bomb. And Melissa, super cool of you to let Ukzwe practice her new skills on Lorelei's unconscious body, haha. Made for the most excellent immersion!

Training Alloise! Seeing his development was super cool, and seeing an OOG mechanical thing made into some great IG plot drama was awesome. Plus it gave Ukzwe a lot of feelings to be training someone with Heresy. And of course, best moment: "OH, PLEASE RUN FROM ME." SORRY SHE'S SO INTENSE AND ARROGANT, BUT IT'S REAL FUN. You're a good sport, Andrew!!

Keeping an eye on Sean M's murder-elf and rogue-blender-ing with him was REAL great. "You don't need to say a word to windmill something!" Very true, my friend!

There was some GOOD chasing of mist hounds this event!! Few things are more satisfying than someone turning tail and trying to escape. Especially when it culminates with a "I rift out 1, I rift out-" "70 ASSASSINATE, YOU DO NOT." I got to do that multiple times! And countless other great chases and fights! Man, I just love combat. Thank you NPCs!!!!!

Fighting and chasing things with Heresy.
Racing Heresy.
Sparring with Heresy (even when he's annoyingly defensive/patient and my legs are annoyingly slow. JUST GOTTA TRAIN MORE! I'm inspired to work on things!!!)
Figuring out life with Heresy. (Fate's not real, btw.)
Laughing too loud and being embarrassed by it because of goofy Heresy.

So, uh, news flash: Ukzwe has a lot of feelings about Heresy. Like, "I will stop pacing, settle down, and LAY DOWN on the DAMP GROUND just to watch stars with you"-level feelings. What even is her life, now. It's the best, that's what.

This whole event was a heck of a trip!

Blacking out in the Celestial Circle with an un-invested Alloise mid teaching was hilarious, and I was pleasantly surprised to not wake up bleeding to death in an indestructible force-field.

On that note, getting to teach a WHOLE LOTTA MAGICS all at once was fun as heck.

Starting to build some insight into Videan history, and man do I need to write crap down as I hear it.

WHERE IS MY BLASTED FLAME KEEPER?! I LOST THE MOST IMPORTANT OGRE OF ALL!

Spider farm. You'll all see. Heh.

Back