September Event favorites!

Jovunn

Adept
PCs and NPCs - please post your favorites and let us know what you loved most about this weekend!
Thank you!

I liked the dragon lady's costume and her rp with people

I liked hearing about the guild stuff going on with pcs

I absolutely loved that Deadwalk was tied into what was going on in the last two events - first the undead pirates seeking revenge, then the Apothecary Brotherhood Guildmaster's Frankenstein monsters. Please keep doing this whenever an opportunity presents itself. It's so much more entertaining and engaging and really makes Deadwalk feel like part of Barran rather than just a "here's a ton of undead, have fun guessing whether you can kill it or not".

Definitely enjoyed the various guildmaster demonstrations and the NPCs who were clearly cracked by the crazy nightmares. All around great RP opportunities throughout the weekend, especially Tvard trying to eat multiple potatoes in the same 10 minute span.

<snips out the "did not like" for customer survey>

Last edited:
Rob: your concern is noted and will be discussed! We will find a solution.

We really appreciate everyone's constructive criticism, but please limit it to the customer service email you will receive later this week. Thank you all for your feedback and favorites. :)

Another pleasant weekend of romping through the forest and narrowly avoiding death :) I actually needed healing this weekend at one point. Clearly I am off my game.

1. Being SO VERY POLITE and SO VERY ACCOMMODATING to Lavinea. Then finding some (awful) common ground and both of us looking very uncomfortable with the fact.
2. Gassing cultists into oblivion in a desperate last-ditch effort to help Kai, V, and Vox. The Family that subdues insane, fanatical plague-worshippers together stays together.
3. Becoming a bindo/death super effective combo murder canon with V. This will only get better.
4. Leading a bunch of folks on a tactical retreat into the forest to try and reconnect with people up in the cabins. It was kind of validating to have more than just the Order listen to Rali's directions while sneaking through the woods. Also - mass playing dead in the cabins. Totally valid battle tactic.
5. New Order of the Wilde member! Well played test success. You're going to be an awesome addition, especially once it starts snowing! :p
6. Keldar/Nymbus rivalry. Order of the Wilde Alpha Male Battle: Fight!
7. Most of the times I interacted with Tieran and Moraithe (I probably slaughtered that spelling...apologies!). Most palatable biata ever, despite Tieran's best efforts. And THAT MUFFIN. Thanks Arienne!!
8. ORC RALI. CAPSLOCK SPEECH AND STOP ASKING ABOUT MY NETHERBITS.
9. Whoever wrote those dreams was seriously screwed up. In any number of ways.
10. Mike Brenizer. Thank you so much for writing this event and being a demanding, scary plague-lord. Get back to sleep, Yid-Sriracha.

Reactions: Vox
Where to start? After the HQ event, being in Barran was going to be a cake walk. Boy was I wrong!

• Spending Friday night dealing with ANOTHER dead child. Vox is going on an extended meditation break to try and calm down from all the anger he's got running around in his head.
  • Seeing the crazy guild master and quietly letting everyone know that "we're going to have to take him down at some point, guys... I know it's against guild policy, but this is straight up necro waiting to happen."
  • Being right ^
  • Tasting the elixir out of reflex for identification. The ramifications.
  • Guild activities. It's so awesome being able to work for the guilds and see them all have their own leaders with as much ambition as I have.
  • Alchemy recruit training: You guys were awesome and it was fun being in charge.
  • Out of game mis-reading the markings on a gem and having black forest say: "That's one". That was one group I was working SO HARD not to piss off >.<
  • Getting rolled by the nightmares SO HARD (completely seriously: it's nice to lose every once in a while. The only way to show how strong Warf is is to have someone kick the s*** out of him)
  • Seeing David in the Plague suit. Just about wet myself and peaced out.
  • Getting to spend time with the Family and the Family (I love you both!)
  • Having several people come up to me: "Teach me archery!" because obviously it's the best weapon skill ;)
  • Almost rezzing. We messed up towards the end there and dear god. Joe and Bobby as celestial casters is SCARY. I gassed them up but they were still nasty. Thank you guys for putting the fear of god (and appreciation for the golem suit) back in me!
So many more things. Thanks Mike, staff, and NPCs for an incredible event!

Where to start? After the HQ event, being in Barran was going to be a cake walk. Boy was I wrong!
  • Out of game mis-reading the markings on a gem and having black forest say: "That's one". That was one group I was working SO HARD not to piss off >.<

I was more like...Strike One, You don't get a strike two.

;)

I have a little free time during lunch, sooo~

-Starting the event off right by making team "doesn't do dead children" (read: Vox, V) very, very unhappy with a heaping helping of infant soup.
-Orc Rali. "NONE PENIS!"
-Schooling Laviana on her table manners and her/Emily knowing that for that character to even consider retorting would be super rude. Red Back 1, High Elf 0.
-Order of the Earth mod with Tieran, Mariead, Ariane, Gilwing, Kailani, and Lilli. Guild points for scratching my nose and protecting me from the Acorn Storm (TM) while holding a double-repel.
-Daddy long-legs fu--boxing matches and becoming an honorary member of the Order of the Wilde for watching.
-Family time, Family time, Family time.
-Vox! The Family loves you. The Family loves you and accepts you way more than the other Family does. The Family loves you and totally condones your actions. Most importantly: The Family knows what you did. In all seriousness, we all really enjoy hanging out with you. If you ever accidentally get a ton of Kiergani who want to kill you, holla at'cha girl.
-Pretzel flip mom face.
-Brandr getting REALLY SASSY with plague-fate. "...Phase."
-The mod that almost killed most of us and playing dead in a [SPELL REDACTED] for-freaking-ever only to become the Wonderful Two-Woman Bindo-Death Cannon with Rali.
-Really good RP with Simon regarding the nature of survival, the weekend plot, and cowardice.
-"Activate paralysis, activate paralysis, I grant you the gift of death, with mystic force I bind you?!" "Cloak cloak cloak cloak." "WITH ELDRITCH FORCE I BUILD A LIGHT!" "...Cloak."

-Mike's very well-thought love letter to H.P. Lovecraft. Your understanding of Lovecraft's use of tone and themes of forbidden knowledge/unknown terror was very apparent, even when PCs/NPCs broke the mood with levity. Your work is very appreciated and I look forward to telling stories about Yid-Sriracha and how well he goes with eggs for years to come.

Lastly: THOSE CHERRY AND APPLE TURNOVERS.

-Boy. I don't think I need to say much more there. I love that I got to not only see that particular bit of RP but to actually be a part of it.

-Post Deadwalk Lord of Free Sandwiches (Matthius the Plague faced, Elder Controlled, meat puppet) tavern visit. This was a really intense and exciting moment which felt really cool. Also watching everyone in the tavern, except Brandr, try to fit in Vox Circle, and then realizing that the Elder could just pop it. Watching Kai stand up to him and refuse to kneel, and then realizing that I was not only willing to, but nearly had, taken a plague packet for her. Then Brandr just standing there, being Brandr. "No I won't kneel." "No. I won't kneel and throwing stuff at me won't make me." "Nope, still not kneeling." and Phase.

-Realizing on the way home that the undead pirates showed up on Talk Like A Pirate Day.

-The Thane and Lady Killjoy. That makeup was awesome and the characters are great. Everyone I've talked to is really mired up in trying to figure out if they are crazy, evil necrothings or if they are in fact just victims trying to right the wrongs of the Apocalypse.

-The look on Ama'rali's face when I told her we wanted to capture a Howl-Bear for the Order of the Wyldes Fair demonstration. Even if we didn't.

-Lessons in Hypocrisy with Vi. Friday night Deadwalk "Don't mock the murderous abominations! It isn't funny!" Saturday Night Deadwalk "Look zombie! Our Ward moved! and Nope, still there! Oh, there it goes again....still there!"

It was a great Sage weekend, at least for me and the Sages I was in contact with. I'm going to be making a super concerted effort to include all of the Sages in information gathering and decision making as pertains to that information in the future events. I will ALSO be trying to make some serious efforts to incentivize my fellow Sages to spread that info to people who aren't with us. I don't think that our chapter has much of a "Club" mentality, at least as far as I've seen, but spreading the love can never, ever hurt.

OK! With that being said:

- I always love spending time with the Family, in all our iterations.
- Vox is super fun to hang with, I'm glad you took some time to chill with me/us. You're always welcome OOG and IG
- I loved the theme and tone of the weekend. It was an eerie, looming sensation of impending BAD STUFF. In Barran, you always expect a bit of grey with your white and black, but this weekend had such a great foreboding sensation.
-The faire was awesome. Some RP stuff, some mechanical stuff, all good ****.
- Merathe (or however you spell it)!! It was so good getting to know you and Sage with you. You are an awesome addition to our ranks and I'm glad you took the time to find us and do Sage-y stuff with us. Sometimes Sage-ing is stabbing things so you can read the book the dude you stabbed was holding, sometimes it's cry-screaming at Elders. Whatevs, do what you DO.
- Mathias' journal. I love this stuff. You give me a book to read and I am more than happy to skip all the fighting for the whole weekend just to read it.
- Thane and Lady Killjoy were lovely to see and interact with. The repping was very, very good and evoked the response it was meant to.
- All of our skilled NPCs making the weekend as good as they could! You guys did some serious hustle, and you made it a good weekend for us all!
- Dephara, Boy and Aalok were all great to RP with! The blase nature of the Elders is always interesting. You see them walk into the Tavern and you're like, "Crap, what's about to happen!?" and then they're like, "I'm gonna eat some wontons."
- I ate so many potatoes.

Nothing more profound is coming to me at this moment, but I had a great time. I hope that you all enjoyed Tvard and his antics, and I hope that everyone that wanted to feel involved with him got a chacne to do so! Never be afraid to approach me Ig or OOG about whatever the heck you want, ya'll.

Last edited:
I had a great time, thank you PCs, Staff, NPCs and Mike Brenizer!

The Food BTW is frickin amazing, OMG! Alliance Gettysburg has an unbelievable kitchen crew. I've been on food committees and played all over the place, there is really nothing consistently like it anywhere, IMO.

Some favorite moments...

-Thermosis is my hero, seriously. It gets to a point where the only reason to play the game is to be a total boss and make legends happen. I actually thought for one second I could catch you...
-Auric gassing up my Guildmaster's ego, even more than it already was. "You are the smartest person I know" with a completely straight face.
-Pantherghast versus Old Man Noldrik... totally epic, just like Oberryn Martell the ghast should have just sealed the deal
-All things Baldr and Brandr, thanks for the amazing roleplay
-Getting REALLY worried when Tieran became Plagued at the end
-Elodsi Twerking
-Getting QB sacked by Tieran and Artos as the Pirate Admiral, very brave, very epic, i loved it.

I CAN NOT WAIT until Halloween. I am so excited.

-Brian B

ALSO because I didn't think of it earlier: a conversation with Kailani and a few others in the tavern:
(I wish I could remember the name of all involved)
Someone: "Yeah, in Ashbury, during Halloween, an actual carved Jack'o'lantern will shun undead."
Kailani: "Really?"
Someone: "Yeah, it actually happens, but I don't know if it will work here."
Kai: "Hmm, kinda makes me wanna start growing pumpkins."
Everyone, at once: "Wait. You can do that?"
Kai: "Yeah, you just plant them, in the ground."
Everyone, suddenly realizing she doesn't mean to grow pumpkins ON herself: "OOOOOOOOH, right."

In no order:

1.) Rebuilding a sword before the nightmare event.
2.) Realizing how rare Celestial casters still are.
3.) NPCing casters with Bobby. Almost rezzed a teammate again!
4.) BEHOLD MY POWER! Magic armor I grant you the power of a magic armor magic armor I grant you the power of a magic armor magic armor I grant you the power of a magic armor magic armor down
5.) (in hand signals) I am watching you! TOE SLAM!
6.) Pilsbury doh boy laugh followed by lunching stab at Noldriks belly followed by my death. So worth it
7.) Hearing that a certain person was a b***h to everyone, and having her walk in the circle, offer her hand and knowing who to do with it....all weekend long. (expect maybe murder her father ASAP but I am not 100% convinced)
8.) Watching the number of times people loose their minds when Brander calls Phase
9.) cloak cloak cloak cloak cloak cloak cloak cloak cloak.
10.) The end of the caster duel...think you are gonna get out of it but killing yourself eh? I'll show you!
11.) Having good dreams
12.) "The fire is a lie" And explaining at least some of why I know it to be true as the others started to think I was going mad too.
13.) Getting the non Black Forest/Tierens household part of Town to run a distraction with the nightmares so me and Em could f' off to the lab to secure the scroll.
14.) Playing interceptor for V at the final wave battle
15.) And finally....introducing my Wife to all you crazy people and watching that be a thing.

See you in October!

Joe Siegel
resident jerk

It is always hard to configure a list of favorites for a AGB event as I am always over the moon about what goes on.

I love seeing and interacting with such a diverse group of players. It's great to see old friends and to be making new friends. The Gettysburg staff is nothing less than stellar in my opinion! They all take time and effort from their regularly scheduled lives to voluntarily place it into a game to make it enjoyable for all who come to visit them- I know how hard that is and truly appreciate it! (Even tho I am ever convinced I am going to die each and every event.) You all take time to speak to everyone and listen to what they have to say, I've never felt brushed off or made to feel silly for mentioning an idea or simply sharing something random. So again, thank you AGB Staff for all of your efforts.

This event was a different flavor from the rest of the season, and yet such a perfect compliment to it-hats off to you Mike Brenizer! It was a unique thing for me to be so completely handicapped (a completely empty spell colum, or close to) for such a large portion of my game day and yet feeling relevant and useful.

I Loved all the guild demonstrations.. Particularly being so amped for the OE demo- and not being disappointed in the least. I don't think I've ever felt like puking over plant wrestling before, but it was completely worth it! I can't wait to teach others how to do it!

Finally connecting with Te'var and the Sages Guild. It was wonderful to meet you and have a connection over knowledge and the obtaining of it. Then to not only be welcomed but to be asked to participate as an initiate member in the SG demo... Awesome! Sorry I was the spike, but I think the whole group worked together masterfully! I hope to do it again sometime soon. (And can't wait to begin the wondrous exchange of information T)

Love love loved getting to rp my race. And it letting me live simply bc the npc's didn't notice my passed out body in the ward.. And being thanked for lovingly and embracingly protecting another teams treasury. And from that experience getting to do some rp with Tieran.. Thank you for teaching me how to work through celestial magic, if even for a little bit. It's painful as hell, but at least now I know I can manage a little if I'm truly fired up enough, or bc I feel the town needs me to do so.

It was Amazing to be in that circle during the last battle. I felt relevant and that my build has been spent well. And of course, it was awesome to rage yell during the whole thing... That dude was saying some messed up things in there FYI.

There is for me, as most of you, so much more that I loved but am at a loss to think of at this hour. I can't wait to see everyone again next month.

I almost forgot to mention - all the fights felt so epic this weekend.
  • Silly pirates, we wrecked you once, we'll do it again!
  • Fighting Bender, Bobby, and Drac all at once in the ward with my back to the wall while everyone else was going down and Tieran was prisoned...
  • Multiple fights with human patherghasts (definitely pulled my left hamstring with all the attempts to jump at both Bender and Dave while pinned)
  • The last fight against all the Fate monsters and the body of plague-ridden death
  • Fearing Frankensteins!
I really liked the creepy dream cards as well. They added a huge amount of flavor to the weekend and really drove home the idea that this was just not a safe place to be at all.

I need to add:
1. Simon as my interceptor as I bolted around the house to pick people up. SUPER PIMP, Joe. Super pimp.
2. "I AM IN THE WAAAAAARD!" and "Is there a ward there? Is there a ward there? Of COURSE there is a ward there. Oh, look, the ward is still there. Wait for it. Wait for it. Oh! The ward is still there. Still there. There is still a ward there. Look at you go, you sad little thing, you. Look at you! Still a ward! You are trying so hard! Wait. Wait. STILL A WARD." Thank you for engaging me with that, Bobby. I was losing my mind midway through that fight because arcane fear forever and that interaction was the catharsis I needed to not have a tantrum.

Ugh. So much hurting. This Old Guy Syndrome is getting to me.

Pirate fight, part II - thanks for that circle Jess, I needed a rest. Brian, no more running.

Every single instance of, "You can't hit me through your ward!" "I don't have a ward." "Oh."

Every single instance of, "This is a terrible idea."

Nonchalant chatting with a guy and his lady friend at 3am. At noon, "Tieran, that guy is undead!" "The huge scar on his chest and the army of dudes in him didn't give that away?"

Orc penis.

"I need a huge celestial item," and the ensuing stares, expletives and screaming. Thanks, Sean!

Undead howlbear. :)

Old guy stretch break with Bobby.

"I really need to murder one of those two, but I'm torn as to which one I should kill first."

"The dragon said to eat the potato, T'vard. You eat the potato." ... "Brandr, bring this man another potato."

Running commentary with Emily. Jeff, dragon of discord is an excellent idea.

20 Plague. Evade. 20 Plague. Evade. 20 Plague. Evade. 20 Plague. Crap. Oh, look... Noldrik!

Thank you very much to Rich, Emily, David, Mike, Tyson (see what I did there?), Kris, all the staff people I am forgetting, every single NPC and every single PC.

Especially my wife. Remember, it's her fault I'm allowed to come play. :)

See you in October!

Oh yes. Another forgotten gem:

"Tvard, I'll duel!"
Activate Pin Activate Pin Activate Pin Activate Pin With Mystic Force I Confine You.

"Tvard, I'll duel you again, and I promise I won't use any binding."
I curse you with Paralysis.

"Okay, once more. No curses and no binding."
"Piss off, sis."

To begin:

The guild demonstrations and realizing that most of the grand masters were troubled in some way
Using a sword forge with strange metal on some interrupting Elosdi and the look on everyone's face as I beat three down in short order
Finding out that you could hear my combat with those Elosdi as far as the cabins and cabin mates wondering what wrath I had unleashed
Undead pirate revenge
Panthergast fight that went into overtime because of spell strike pins
The Blacksmith mod I got to due some awesome RP and Grubs concern was touching
The overall tone/mood
Being rolled by nightmares

And finally
finding out cabin mates who really have no connection to me concerned that I might have been killed. Definitely was enlightening.

To begin:
And finally
finding out cabin mates who really have no connection to me concerned that I might have been killed. Definitely was enlightening.

Of course we like you, you're good people!

...also we have rules about making sure if anyone in our cabin gets killed the person who did it eats a minimum of a poor man's Obliterate...

Back