September Favorites

Thank you so much to plot and NPC's. You guys worked your ever lovin' arses off. Thank you!

Some favorites that stuck out. I forgot quite a few already so I wanted to get them down asap. In no particular order...
The site was great.

Brotherhood back in force!

Getting people together for the Triffid mod...can't find a Mystic Wood elf ANYWHERE.
Triffid Mod- That's what you get when Brotherhood and Company come together. You get shite done!

Drunk Cyn + Angry Foss = me giggling

Silly o'clock feather talk. "They brought a lot of bread."
Banradi... OMFG he had me in stitches. a small bit of it went something like this:
"Where did you get the sandwich?"
"Wayside"-Banradi
"did you bring it on the boat?"
"no" -Banradi
"...you waystoned to Wayside for a sandwich?"
"I don't like soggy sandwiches"-Banradi

"GO TO SLEEP!" Everyone to Banradi

Jehan + prison = mod over. "I decided it was going on a bit long."

Stahn the anti hero! "Hello Arsita"-Stahn "I'm glad to see you are well Stahn"- Arsita. Foss gives Arsita the look of death, I shrug. Yay!

"Arsita! I have something you will like. But I can't give it to you"- Foss
"I'll take it and you can say you didn't give it to me."-Arsita. Unsuccessful grab attempt.
"I'll give it to you but I NEED it back because blah blah stuff things we will all die"- Foss. Getting my hands on a E9 antidote WAHHOOOO!!!!! (and yes I still had it when he needed it.)

Doing administrative stuff for Foss. Kinda cool. Will be better prepared next event.

Getting thanked by Jehan and my immediate lack of words and failing at RP. Smile, nod, someone else please start talking...whew! Heart felt conversation averted! Feelings are gross lol. :p

Crab Meat. Yummy Yummy crab meat.
Foss is VERY funny when under the effect of different alchemical substances. "I GOT THIS"-almost falls over "you don't got this" "I'm gonna hit THAT one... no... THAT ONE! Where'd my sword go?"
I'm down and Foss comes to the rescue "Here Arsita drink this it will make you all better" drops a handful of vials "Ooops!" "This one make you aaalllllll better!" Almost forces a evil necro potion down my throat before someone stopped him. (I had turned in evil potions on the way to this mod.) "Foss! Drink this, and this. And after they hit you with a gas again drink this RIGHT AWAY."- Arsita not finding a drunk Foss so funny anymore.
Silp thinking elixirs were sticks, finding doors in walls, and holding a sword. Me, not getting it for an embarrassingly long time. I just thought he was being Silp! I dunno maybe its a Dryad thing. Then... FML mental face palm "drink this"-Arsita. All better.

I had a great time. Thank you everyone!

PS Corsets should count as armor. ijs

Thank you to Plot and the wonderful NPCs for being awesome as usual!

Some of my favorites include:
-Random Adventures with Sam

-Returning from said adventure and running right into Foss who pulled me aside and offered to help with my son.

-Jehan's wonderful puns!! :)

-Terra binding one of the yellow cave creatures and it hitting the packet away with its sword only to realize what it had just done.

-Terra now has a nameless Sol'Air (pardon spelling) husband... Derek thinking that I married Foss instead for a few moments because there was only a slight change of costume between the two.

- Helping Sam with his letter! loved that :)

-Getting to witness Lifestorm welcoming Cyn into their ranks.

-Jehan: Terra, you always heal people regardless of whether you like them.
Terra: (said quickly) I like everyone!
- Terra: (quietly to Sam) Let's talk.
(Both of us leave the tavern hoods up and head into the shadows slowly)
Sam: How are we the two shadiest people in the Company? (both of us proceed to laugh)

-I finally joined the Earth Guild. Yay! :)

-Even though I didn't enjoy the fact that I rezzed, I did enjoy the story Foss told me

-Quesadillas

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for coming out; even with the schedule change we had a great turn out! Some of my favorites that I can still remember:

- Maveen/Radi & Stahn/Radi. The later having really deep conversations on our outlook of the world.
- The Lotus reveal and Foss/Radi figuring it out right before the actual mod; I almost spilled the beans then and there. Also the door opening to see Foss and I give the glare of death to each other as Radi shuts the door.
- The Caprika Mod
- Fimirs! After a year of talking about it, they finally got to debut in all their belly shield glory!
- After PCs kill the Triffid in full force. "I don't want to undermine your achievement, but I was able to kill one by myself, and 9 seconds sooner."- Stahn
- PCs bringing 25 people on a spider cave mod. You guys are killing me!
- Cyn's reaction when she found out the spirit who was specifically looking for Cyn, Terra, Elle or Sae was Ser Thomas "Kale" Jeffers.
- Alana to the Wind Serpent. "Oh my, you're so beautiful, can I hug you?" "You most certainly cannot"-WS. Great Wind Serpents need to keep their image in ya know!
- Asura not having his bottle on him. Death Keeper turns to Silp. "Dragonsight, are you holding his bottle?" Silp sprints away as I slowly chase after him.

I look forward to all the things planned in two weeks; it'll be a doozy!
-Ryan

Thank you Plot and NPCs for an amazing weekend.

Some Favs of the weekend:
-Fighting our way into sular
- Spiders saturday morning with GRONK, Grimashaw, and Edwand.
-Fast fight with a trifid
-Leading with thadus into the elctrom mines
-getting a touch intoxicated for reasons
-argueing with grimshaw about my habits and his. (Also with that thank you to everyone that got involved in that yelling match. It was a great rp to do with you all and had me crying.)
-Fighting vampires
-Cyn telling me a story to resurect

Things not so great:
-getting into argument with grimshaw
-Having my first resurection because I saved anothers life
-Back to back really big battles
-helping Foss do something that i am not quite sure was right or not

Otherwise this weekend was great. I got to see a lot done and be a part of some really big things. Thank you to all.

Now just to finish my backstory and turn that in since I kind of got that ball rolling.

Thank you everyone for giving me the best weekend ever. I had a blast meeting new people, fighting along side them, and all and all just having an awesome time.

Some of my favorites:
-The 90 minute or so battle was amazingly fun
-The vampire battle
-Spiders Saturday morning
-Killing that Lightning Elemental
-Boat battle
-Chilling out at "The Flaming Skull" with Grimshaw, Corvo, and Artemis

If I wrote all of them, it would be the whole event, lol. Thank you everyone again for the best weekend ever, I am absolutely positive I will be going to more.

Great time as always. In no particular order...

-Wallflower, the fae that got me drunk 5 times in 4 seconds.
-The original three Brotherhood! The main reason I kept coming back to larp and brought all my friends along for the ride is because of those crazy guys. The most mundane moments are an absolute riot with them. Even when I'm fighting against them, I can't help but grin the entire time. They constantly remind me of what larp should be about, by not being the strongest character or having the coolest item, but by simply having fun with your character and the ridiculous world around you.
-Sam is always hesitant around fae courts, but I ended up really loved the RP moments. Also got a chance to really interact with Bart and Asura, something I've never really gotten to do before. Can't wait for more interactions with them!
-Even though it was a bit overwhelming for some players, Josh, Paul, Tim, and I had a blast doing the bandit mod. The Baron will rise again!
-Great RP moments with Cyn and the Zodiacs. The moment when several players fell instantly because of a voice radius death followed by an audible silence as I finished my final note on my flute before falling over as well was chilling and possibly my favorite moment of the event.
-Triffid mod for fastest mod. Also had a great time with Vexx on the lockpick mod where we convinced Carly's character we weren't rebels (we didn't even know we were) and essentially bribed her to come with us with the promise of chocolate.
-The Terra and Sam shady hour!
-Going to graveyard with Kael and both of us looking at each other halfway through thinking, "Why the f#@% are we here?!?"
-Great storytime with Gronk.

Quesadillas and Kabobs for the win.

I was dead after the event. I managed to stay awake long enough to get home - I didn't make Carly drive the whole way while I slept this time - but I woke up feeling somewhat less than human Monday morning.

I had a blast playing with you guys - I did one half-event as Briar last year, but then I was more worried about the weekend's plot than actually playing the game. I really enjoyed getting to just PC Chicago alongside you all, though I will definitely miss working with Carly, Ryan, Nate, and Rob.

I always love playing GRONK. I promised myself I'd get a good picture this time but unless someone was taking candid pictures I forgot again. Here are some fun things that happened, way out of order:
Story time with Sam
Hanging out with Lifestorm and Azure Keep
Spitting at the big dumb vampire face
Figuring out the gimmick for Agnes's spirit form (damaged by all spells) to then realize I only had 4 or 5 spells left
Ending up on mods that were intended for people way bigger than GRONK
Charging out to fight a wannabe dragon, watching Fredrick go poof, and slooowly backing away
Cha'ka's last stand
Ramona the Couch-Lich
Charging ahead on the life-boat using at least half a dozen two-handers as oars, then finding out later the tentacles stayed behind to wreck up the other life-boats... I felt a little bad about that one.
Fighting a big ol' sea monster! The rep for that was super cool.
Teague's birdkin makeup is one of the best costume jobs that has ever come out of Chicago NPC camp and I'm pretty sure he was just a throwaway RP character
Performing Fredrick's resurrection and telling the story of those three jerkface vampires and how they were dumb and now they're dead because of cool people like Fredrick
Late night chats both nights
Dueling Ser Okna - "Dis guy hits like an army! He's awesome."
Charging out into the night with Krellik (sp?) to wreck up a squishy little skeleton while the rest of the town shouted at us that it was a trap... If it was, we never found it.
"YOU SAID WE WERE DOING PUZZLES BART" - hey, it's not my fault you got GRONK drunk in the middle of the necro-grove
Saturday morning spiders: "okay guys, you see how I was beatin' him up and you were all pickin' yer noses? Let's try not to do dat again." GRONK's a jerk.

I'm not sure if I'm more excited about NPCing next event and wrapping some things up or bringing GRONK back out for the Halloween event, but either way I'm stoked.

I had a lot of great moments this weekend and while there were a few downers, I think the event was pretty solid. I want to thank all the staff, npcs, and folks who hopped fence to bring more fun to the table.

Obviously, this was super bitter sweet for me, but I wanna thank the folks who didn't chan

In no order:

- Ramona the Teenage Couch Lich-"I don't wanna walk 3 feet to you"" LogRoll your way to us" "Uh so much work!"....This mod made me laugh so hard...Thank's Carly for being so hilarious.
-Cigar time with Asura/Sam and others...total pep talk for Jehan.
-Tera/Jehan bad pun time...I will bring more next event.
-Chris H.- You brought the RP and it was grand. Even if I am mad at you IG.
-Frederick's 2nd death of the weekend..."oh heck no!" sacrifice city!
-The boat mod- one of the best mods of the season...very well done.
-90 min field battle- solid combat
-Enan's lordship talk "I should be allowed to cut in line..." :p and all around even keeled RP consistently.
-Finishing the Master's quest in record time...(dear god was that expensive) and the final ritual RP with Radi...I couldn't stop laughing.
-Seeing a VR effect actually take out a whole group of people...Company my hat is off to you for not cheesing the effect...it made the whole thing that much more chilling and perfect.
-Gronk RP...all weekend. Thank's Kyle...you rock. By the same token, DeSilva (sp?) great RP all weekend man and both of you often punching above your weight class and being cool about it.
-Bringing Cyn on as a full member, we don't have a lot of formality about it, but its from the heart.
-Epic Sandwich- so yummy.
-Accidentally saving my guildie's life while running around chasing Caprica. about 200 feet behind the line, totally dark, I snared my foot in a tabard only to see Cyn dead on the ground 3 ft away from me...eep.
-Wrecking Ainvar the vampires day for most of the Saturday night battle. Nate, I really have enjoyed fighting you this season.

That's all I can think of offhand...there were plenty more awesome moments.

Thanks,

Paul/Jehan

Thanks everyone for coming out for the event! Especially our NPCs Teague, Carrie, Dan and Dylan, and those of you who hopped fence during the event, you guys kept the event going for us. Couldn't have done it without you!

--Pretty much perfect larping weather, despite the rain on the way in
--Banradi and the goblins: "Hello!" -- "It's just like Taios, but NONE OF YOU KNOW!"
--Teague's amazing bird-kin makeup! Normally I like to think I do pretty good NPC makeup, but this time I was totally outclassed by him and Ryan as birds.
--PCs rushing to Maveen to ask about the rebel leader 5 minutes before the Stahn reveal... I hope I didn't ruin it too much by standing there out of game giggling at you :p (typically once per event I ruin something for Ryan with a badly timed fit of laugter)
--Paul saying "So I guess you're just all the big bads this weekend?"
--"She's got the penguin guy enslaved!" -- Nate: "I'm a SEAGULL. Geez."
--Trapmaker enslavement #9 RP, watching 4 PCs in a row come by to say "I bet it's that enslavement/love thing you guys were talking about" and then walk away while I continued to argue with Foss about how amazing Simon was for another half hour.
--Trapmaker reprise, post-antidote: "I hate that guy, he enslaved me!" -- Foss to Simon: "You lied to me!" -- Simon: "Well, yeah."
--Jehan's thesis defense
--Cha'ka finale... That happened.
--Caprika fight, stealing GRONK's stick, then later Charming him only to realize he was down to just wand charges and didn't have a backup.
--Watching the auction... "And that, folks, is what we call a pissing contest."

And my very favorite thing: Breakfast cake party while PCs talked/threatened Ramona into moving to Jehan's house. Followed by Ramona's complete mental breakdown when the door was more than one claw-length away. It was so far... Thank you for actually bringing me a cake! :)

I would say I can't wait for the next event but it's already only 10 days! See you soon...

--Carly

Thanks all,

It was a long event but fun.

- getting to Su L'air. the boat fight was cool but, having two life boats fall behind was not.
-Fighting a tentacle one on one for a little while and finding out Arsita was inside once it died.
- Radi. playing bendy posse with a petrified Aramis.
- All the great costumes this event.
- mine mood best use of Light spells
- Saving the Biata for the tower only to find out she rifted away. I wish I had grabbed a feather.
- Taking on more of a leadership role on the battle fields.
- Trying to plant false hatered in the mind of the trapmaker knowing oog it will not work but, feeling the effect of the Enslavement #9. Aramis in the mind of the trapmaker "Simon is so dreamy"
- One on one with Sea gull-kin Chancellor it was like talking to Scuttle from Little Mermaid
- late night planning session with Sir Foss
- romoni haggling for sausage in the morning

And many more

--Caprika fight, stealing GRONK's stick, then later Charming him only to realize he was down to just wand charges and didn't have a backup.
Dave G can attest to the fact that GRONK isn't a very good minion when he's lost his weapon and used up all of his useful spells. This happens entirely too often.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Dueling crotch shots. Myself and Josh were sparring during if i remember right the caprika fight, and literally in back to back hits one shot for each. I swear it was not done on purpose LOL
Teague's birdkyn makeup, HOLY COW that is some awesome makeup work
the 90 minute mod....call me bias but i loves me a good archers duel :)
Good RP with Kat after her argument with Grimshaw
Getting my Regen cast by my wife :D
Witnessing Cyn become a full member of lifestorm
two words, GARLIC BREAD!
Great RP with Nahani, Frederick, and Jehan
The end of the Chaka mod, lots of angry angry RP
and last but not least, talking to Neolani about Stahn Revan and she turns and tells me "I should throw the book at him" and she shows me her spellbook. Yup, i straight up lost it laughing

Looking forward to the next one to be sure

Good RP with Kat after her argument with Grimshaw

Probably the best part of the whole weekend was that little unintentional run in on that arguement. It was great and I will be turning backstory into plot by Friday of this week. As because of that it is very crucial to me.

Also on another note: I, because of hearing the gypsies all weekend, had a very thick Russian accent until about mid day today and even then I occasionally slipped back into it. So thank you benradi and nikali.

Back