Shade and heat

Cory Walker

Scholar
Hey everyone!

Please don't be afraid to set up your tents and tavern along the tree line for shade. Especially for this weekend with expected heat of 95 degrees. We won't jump out (or in) of the Mists near the tents. Would rather you guys are comfortable (as can be in this heat).

-Cory

Awesome. Thanks for this.

Also, I think we'll have some physical armor wearers present. Please discuss amongst yourselves how/when to make the "don't get heat stroke in metal armor" call.

-Joe

I am fairly certain will be no armor all weekend. Friday is suppose to be upper 80s and 90 on Saturday, but will make that call on Friday (cause it is Michigan). I would also caution, we may have mods with water as well and those will be made clear before mod start in case someone doesn't want to get wet/costuming/etc.

We've decided to make it official. Saturday is supposed to be in the high 90s so we are going to allow armor wearers to not wear their physical armor. You will still get armor points as if you were wearing it. You will need to count your hits as though you were wearing your armor. Re-fit will also work as though you were wearing your armor. I hope you are all noticing a trend ;). Please bring costume shirts, tabords, or at least a solid color t-shirt to wear to help keep the atmosphere as in game as possible.

Other things to consider:
1. Bring a lot of water to drink
2. Bring sun screen
3. Hats and head coverings help keep off the sun and prevent your scalp from burning
4. If you aren't urinating you are very likely dehydrated. Headache is also a sign of dehydration.
5. Light colors reflect the sun/heat. Dark colors absorb it.
6. You still need to eat. Some fruits and vegetables have high water content and can also be refreshing.

As Cory said, we will not "spawn" or come out of the mists near your tents so please set up near the trees for shade. Please do similarly with the "tavern". Please let us know if you have any questions.

Back