Sharkkins comin' toward Arbor

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
Hey adventurer types, GRONK ain't gonna be around dis weekend but I got some info for you guys. Dere's a group of like 300 Sharkkins comin' toward Arbor, or along da Arbor coast maybe, and dey'll be at or near Arbor on Friday night. Dey're led by a pair of like Fey-powered Sharkkins called Slash and Slasher. Sounds like dese guys is tearing apart da countryside and killing a buncha people, so y'all should do sumtin' about it. Some of 'em use weapons, some use claws. I dunno what sorta tings Sharkkins tend ta be resistant to, maybe summa you guys know. Da Fey ones is probably magic-resistant. Sounds like even da normal Sharkkins hit at least hard enough to break a Fortress, prolly harder.

Hey, 3rd Arbor Heavy Infantry, you guys know anyting helpful? Hopefully most of you guys made it out after fightin' 'em.

If you guys wanna know anyting else, ask Aramis or Cyn or Lady Liddia. Dey're da ones dat actually know stuff but dey wasn't sayin' anyting.

GRONK

My apologies- but I do not know anything but what Gronk has shared.

But if I may be of any assistance- please let me know.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it every time I come to town, it has to have something with fish happening?

-Benjamin Bookworm

So basically they swing stuff like Death Flamebolt. There was a small group of us that tried to talk them down. The group of us managed to down 3 or 4 of those shark things. It was rough.

-Ark

If anyone has abilities to set traps, please see Sam or myself at the beginning of this market.

Ignathis

It was ugly. They tore into us pretty well. We are the only heavy unit in the West that is not engaged in the war. We all carry great swords and wear full plate. We killed a few. Seems the edges of the column are all the ones Ark speaks of, but in the center are younger less powerful ones. After we held the first wave it became dramatically easier to hold but we still routed. We fell back to Arbor to reinforce the garrison. Arbor has the largest garrison in the Kingdom and the best fortifications so I doubt they will attack us directly. You could tell the two biggest of the sharkin are cold and calculating, they are up to something and they are definitely hostile.

Sven Collins
2nd Lt, now acting Captain of the Arbor 3rd HI

I've been tracking this group for a few months now. It will take a majority of the town to take them down. Slash and Slasher wield a healthy amount of Fey magic, which can be as dangerous as Dragon Magic. Once you burn through their defensives, they're pretty susceptible to poisons. I'll have more information after I complete my mission Friday night with Ignathis.

Be warned, these are powerful rogue fey that have blatantly ignored royal orders in order to cause destruction in concert with Kazzik's bliss. They need to be taken care of immediately.

I have done best to stay silent in this matter yet, I can stay silent no longer.

I have seen no evidence of them attacking innocent people or others unprovoked. Yes, they choose to ignore a direct order by the Fey Lord of Summer Song. This does not place us to take matters into our own hands and massacure the shark-kin.

The Fey have returned and as both Slash and Slasher *breathes deeply* have chosen to walk the path of their father, the fey should deal with this matter. I also, do not want to see my children murdered; remember there are citizens of the kingdom amongst their ranks.

Lady IronRose, I implore you please seek a diplomatic resolution to this issue.

Sam, I understand your oath and duty the Lord of Summer Song.

Lady FallingStar

Lady Fallingstar,

We have tried to explore the diplomatic resolution and we're turned away. The Shark kin told us in a very forward manner that they and those who lead the, Slash and Slasher were planning to kill any in their way.

They have attacked villages and ships while bliss was in effect and have now attack the kingdoms army. They sealed their fate with that. If they were not willing to walk away then, we have little other choice.

I am sorry I do not have brighter words for you, but they must be brought to the truth.

Nikkolai
Pisces of the 12
Herald of truth

Lady Fallingstar,

You already know I haven't made this choice lightly. I came to you multiple times expressing the desire to prevent this with your help diplomatically. Those attempts failed. I then lead a group to see the army personally and diplomacy failed again there.

Not only does Nikkolai and Gronk attest to their crimes, they have been witnessed first hand by myself as well. Slash and Slasher intentionally formed an army with the plans of attacking and pillaging during the Bliss due to the fact that their army was immune to its effects. In addition to wiping out all livestock in their path to feed their ravenous appetites (this food shortage is in part caused by them), they have attacked and killed any farmers and travelers in their wake. All citizens of the kingdom are threatened as long as they continue to roam, unhindered. If this wasn't enough, they explicitly ignored the command of the Wayside army and proceeded to viciously attack them without mercy. We have Captain Collins' direct word to confirm this.

This is no longer a Fey matter. Adventurer intervention would not be a massacre, it would be hard fight on par with many of the recent adversaries we have faced this year. They are less of an army and more of a force of nature, taking after their father to seek out the biggest challenge in the land and destroy it.

I address this concern to everyone here not as Fey champion, but as a citizen of Wayside. Oaths aside, I'd still be here saying all of this.

Lady FallingStar,

I have heard your request.

I will travel with whatever force goes to face the Sharkkin. I will attempt to speak with them as a neutral party. My intention will be to get them to surrender and disperse their army. Their actions must be answered - however more violence is rarely the answer. I will do all I can to make this peaceful- but Lady FallingStar, please understand actions were made against the People of the Kingdom and the response to those actions are already in motion.

Sam- I request a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to be brought up to speed fully.

We will try to bring this about with diplomacy one last time- but i ask the adventures be ready to defend the people of Wayside.

Yours In Service,
Lady IronRose

To You People,

I know for a fact that the Azure Keep will be sending it's top negotiator to the proceedings, he will of course come bearing the olive branch of peace.

It will, as a matter of fact, be extended to all those fey involved.

That will be the end of it.

-Ark

Hey, GRONK ain't attested to nothin'. I was just repeatin' Aramis's words.

Also hey, congrats on da Lady ting, Lady Cyn, I didn't know.

GRONK

I am not blind to actions that must be taken. Lady IronRose thank you. Sam and others, I understand what you might have to do and although it pains me deeply; sometimes there is not a diplomatic resolution to our problems. Discussion has been attempted before, hopefully a nonviolent soultion can be found.

Lady FallingStar

Thank you Gronk.

yours In Service,
Cyn

Back