shield covers

TardiS

I'm considering making cloth covers for a shield so I could use the same shield for multiple pc's. What I haven't figured out is a good way to get heraldry/design onto the cloth I want. Does anyone have experience with decorating shield covers they could share with me?

But silk screening is always a good way if you are doing any type of bulk designs. Problem tends to be if you have a local shop or school that still teaches it.

I have my heraldry embroidered on the cloth cover of my shield.

Its actually cloth sewn on with the details & edges done in embroidery stuff.

Its the profile picture.

Did you embroider it yourself?

If by, "by myself," you mean, "Was it done by hand?"

Yes.

But my wife was the one doing the actual work. ;-)

Fabric glued felt is also an option, if there's no one willing (or able) to embroider it on. It'll peel off if it gets wet a few times, but it glues right back on.

Or fabric paint, just be careful folding/storing it so you don't crack anything.

If you're doing a single-color image, you can use a stencil and some spray bleach to discolor the fabric. It gets pretty good results for t-shirts, at least.

Thanks for all the advice! I think what I've learned from your input is I'm not artsy enough to make the design look good so I think I'm going to take some of these ideas and work with a friend to get my covers made.

Back