Sitting in the Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illandra

Illandra peers at her missives, ones recently acquired via messenger. Leafing through them, she notes the affirmatives, and the regretful declines of the adventure plans she had sent out to a few fellow Breachers and new acquaintances.

'Well...I guess being away for that long would have some disadvantages. Perhaps they have prior adventures to be had...' she thinks. Looking around the dimly lit tavern she rises and stretches before reaching for her staff beside her.

"Well...I guess it's off to bed for me"

After a long year spent on the open seas, The Ravens captain and crew , many of whom longed for loved ones, set sail up the Shael river in the clinker built knarr, dropping off Human and Elven crew alike, Elachaé Gymirsil herself alights in Calanhelm with 3 things in mind. A warm dry bed for a change, a new mast to replace the dried, twisted old one, and a recommendation from some mutual aquaintances to meet up with an Illandra lady from Remmington that was looking for adventuring folk. The shipwright, Erlend, a Human, would wait till spring to begin combing the forests for a replacement mast. Perhaps in the morning I'll check the tavern, but for now, stretching horizontally sounded too good.

Yetta wanders into the Ogre's Head, buys a sweet ale, and sits in a quiet corner. Still with a bitter taste in her mouth from the recent 'change of ownership' of the tavern, she does NOT put her sign up advertising her wares. Instead, she just quietly counts her inventory.

She thinks, "if any of my friends and acquaintances come into the tavern, I'd like to think they know already what my wares are".

Its early morning. The mist's slowly drift through the streets as a lone figure stands against a wall, smoking a pipe amd watching the sunrise before it dissapears among the clouds.
The figure sighs as it tips the pipe over, then quickly stuffs it into a pocket.
"I guess its time to get to work"
Sevil checks his daggers, checks his purse, then runs his finger along his hats brim.
"But at least" he starts to walk casually towards the tavern. A deep smile overvomes him. "Work has been fun".

Well, been a great visit, but we've got our replacement mast and an extra.. the tips held true, time to sail down river and back to open waters. Got to study those maps and find good rivers, see the lands we pass more often..all we need is water waist high on a Dwarf, with this ship :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back