Skills and teaching

Once again a market day approaches and once again it is in our best interest to share our skills and trades with one another. I have plans to teach someone already but I believe I will have patience for another if any one would care to learn.
I myself am looking to master all martial skills, specifically for this next market day how to swing a ferocious blow at my enemies I know there are a few of the adventurers who know this skill I am also looking to accomplish this same goal with more finesse most likely targeting the unguarded back of my opponent. If anyone can teach me either of these skills I would be most appreciative. I am looking to learn all the tricks and maneuvers that anyone is willing to teach me.
Not as urgently I am looking to master the usage of all weapons over the coming months, I am already skilled in weapons that can be wielded with one hand but the use of larger weapons eludes me, I am also curious as to using a bow as well. And I suppose I should learn what everyone's fascination with shields are while I'm at it.
I know that is quite the list so anyone with minimal patience please look to younger adventurers for students first, but if you find you have any of the skills I am seeking and the time for a student I would be most appreciative.

-Sheriff York Winters

I am able to teach someone the Celestial Arts or the use of a staff.

-Fredrick Crawford, Arcanist of the Black Wolves

While I'm not the most patient teacher, I can teach how to parry a blow or swing with great force as York described. I can also teach the ability to fight with a shield, with two weapons, and with throwing weapons.

In return, I'm hoping to learn to disarm an opponent or to riposte an opponent's blow, but I'm not sure how common those skills are.

Briar

Although I won't have patience at first, as I'll be guiding Kitareun in the ways of Ritual and High formal magic, after a rest I will have patience for anyone wishing to grasp the higher studies of Earth magic. I'm also willing to spread my knowledge of the staff, which I don't believe will be as underrated as that weapon was once perceived after the events of last market day.

-Asher
Healer of the Earth Guild
Grand Melee Champion

Gorka can teach people how to teach others what they know.

-Gorka

I would like to learn how to disarm an opponent with my blade, as well as how to avoid an attack.
As for teaching, I only have patience for one student, but the list of skills I can teach is quite long.

Respectfully,
Deoman the Runner.

If any one has the time, I would like to learn how to find the spot on a target back that allows a weapon to hurt a little more. Unfortunately I do not have the patience to teach.

Foss Siril

Foss, is this your first time learning to take advantage of the unguarded back or are you looking for advanced training? Either way you may seek me out this coming market day as I am proficient in both.

-Sheriff York Winters

Briar,

We can exchange knowledge here I think.

Fern

I vill ve happy to pazently teach up to two students a day the vays of earth, healing, and shtaff.

Kitaruen Kopanri

Greetings,

Never before have I set foot through the Mists to seek for knowledge, but as I strive to learn of new things, I find my mind drifting closer to the idea of venturing to these so-called Sheltered Lands, for new places mean new people, and new people mean new possibilities!

This being the case, perhaps I shall see some of you Sheltered Lands people in the coming days! Should the Mists be so kind as to grant me passage, I wish to learn as much of the Earthen magics as possible in one day, for I do not believe I can stay very long at all in your lands (alas, only for the 23rd for now, I think), and to see how your people understand and teach the magical arts before I return to Wayside would be quite a blessing indeed. This being the case, I am looking for Earthen teachers of the 5th tier and above, perhaps even to the point of the Formal Arts.

I am not wealthy by any stretch, so can offer no monetary payment for such services as of yet, but I swear that I will strive to repay the favor for you someday somehow, or else a Storm should strike me down for my lie.

Could that be a possibility?

Thank you most dearly in advance,
- Sarvenius Shay

Hello fellow adventurers,

As the next market day approaches, I find myself in need of some instruction. I am seeking a mentor who can teach me how to cause more damage with my weapons as well as an instructor who can teach me the arts of discerning the healthy condition of another, it is my understanding that I will need this ability in order to learn the earthen forms of magic.

Many thanks.
-Thorgrim Stoneaxe

I have the patience to teach two people each day any level of Earth Magic. Healer's Gorka, Asher and Jamina should be able to teach you Earth Magic as well, provided they show up. Seek us out next Market Day.

We prefer our teaching times to be shortly after breakfast before everyone heads out to do their morning chores, and shortly after supper. Although if you are unable to make it to those times, talk with one of us, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.

~Healer Icey

Many thanks Healer Icey, those times should work just fine, I look forward to learning.
-Thorgrim Stoneaxe

I will be looking for anyone you is a master of the different styles of fighting. Both with two weapons and a shield. I will be willing to pay for this training.

Thanks,

Foss Siril
Master Alchemist

Back