SoMN Proudly Announces the Purchase of a Permanent Site!

Lurin

Duke
Southern Minnesota is extremely Pleased to Announce the procurement of a Permanent Larping Location, making us the second alliance chapter to own their own permanent location to host games! While we won't be answering questions at this time as to our plans for development, or if we'll be allowing other groups to use the lands we are super excited to spread the word! So here are some Details.

Location of Site
1538 180th Avenue Kanabec Twp, MN

How big is it?
30 Acres bought and paid for, with another 80 to the north and 10 to the east we've got permission to use.

What does it look like?
Google Earth it, we have everything north of the road, the Western Line is even with the edge of the hay field there, the Eastern edge is the water draining gulley.

What Facilities does it have?
We currently Have a Large 2000 square Foot Tavern Building, featuring central heat, air, and in floor heating in the basement. Facilities include 3 Bathrooms, 2 full 1 half, a full Kitchen, and plenty of space. In addition we have a large detached 'garage' with running water installed that will likely be retrofitted for monster camp.

What Play Areas does it have?
In addition to two large fields, we have multiple separate wooded, and prairie/grass areas, additional expansion areas for mods are massive and we are excited to build areas out.

Do you plan to improve the site?
Absolutely, Growth of the site will be consistent once started and we are excited by the number of volunteers we have already! We are always looking for more, so if you have a special skill let us know!

:hahaha:

You have no idea how excited I am for this to be finalized! I can't wait to have our own site, and definitely can't wait to build it up a bit. Let me know if you want any atmospheric "town props" built for just having around (or any other basic needs for the site), and I'll see what I can do about it with my spare time.

Wow.
Now that's exciting.
Great job and congratulations.
I can't wait to larp on it.
AL

This adds an hour to my drive... :(

Putting that aside, this is awesome. Having the freedom to store things on-site, keep it decorated, build it up and customize it however you want, etc, is amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing the site next month.

Cool. Let us know what kinds of props you would like.
And far edge of the field or near edge?

Wow. Just wow. Freakin' amazing, Dave. I'm damn impressed, and damn happy for ya, man.

*applause*

I hear ya Kyle 1.5 hr drive for me, but that's the fun of carpoolin! This will be amazing though. Just being able to "make" a tavern interior and keep everything there will be awesome. I can't imagine how nice this will be for Staff not having to haul weapons everywhere along with tavern/kitchen gear.

It'll be sweet, that's for sure.

Best Friday the 13th Ever! :hahaha:

Hmm Let's see, if my google maps is right, it's near Mora. I used to fish with my dad out there - Great countryside, mostly flat terrain due to a glacier in the geologic past, very good spot!

It'll be very interesting to build a medieval village onsite and rep it all out for the game. (oh boy... we could hunt up a lot of excellent props!) And Do I gather correctly that your going to want to also install some kind of secure storage area there soon? I guess this makes me yet another warm body volunteer to help out. :)

- Tim S.

That is 1.5 hours north of where my drummer lives... And the funny part is, I keep getting job offers to move out there. Well, if that day comes, I know where my new LARP chapter will be. If not, I think I need to plan a trip to his place and come play your game!

If you want to REALLY get a sweet event site. While it won't be our permanent site we are hosting an event in October at a boyscouts castle. We have already hosted one event here and the castle is fully big enough to fit 40-50 PC's comfortably inside complete with ramparts and towers! :thumbsup:

This is really great! Now once I learn how to get there I can just memorize the route. That's a lot of land. I think I need better shoes. lol. And a better way to carry gear. I am so excited!

Congratz!

When might we be able to do a ground breaking? I'm sure there are many that would love to see it - myself included.

~Matt
Squire Victor

WOOHOO!!!

I demand a contest to name this site. Because it's going to look very silly on the website, "SoMN's Permanent Campsite". Pretty please?

Sweet! Cuts an hour off of my drive time! It's gonna be interesting to see this place grow.

I call NOT IT on mowing... :p looks good dave. An hour north of usual but I am sure we'll all be excited eitherway!

Why do I feel this strange ghost feeling of a tool belt?! Darn you Dave!!!

Really pumped to work with you on making this a great perm site!

-Brent

I believe well designed and made trails through the woods will be one of the best early things to add.

This is sssoooo very exciting. I can hardly wait to get to work on getting the tavern set up. It will take a few events to get things really going, but this is going to be beyond nice. So much excitement - so many possibilities.

Way to go Dave!! You are The Bomb for pulling this all together..

Back