SoMN Yearly Memberships for 2017

Lurin

Duke
As always we work to do our best to give our members the best deal we can for events. One of the ways we do this is to offer the option to prepay your play at big discounts at the beginning of the year. Why? Because it let's us prepay our insurance and site rental costs, which makes it easier to lock down the dates and even says us some money!

So without further ado here are the membership options for 2017

New Player Membership - New Players do note need a membership for their first 2 games.
Single Event Membership - $5
Standard Membership - $15
Silver Membership - $150 - Half priced PC games, All NPC games covered, gets 100 additional goblin stamps per game npc'd.
Gold Membership - $300 - All events prepaid
Platinum Membership - $340 - All events prepaid, includes monthly blankets for the year! (Done by an immediate grant of 360 goblin stamps that you may spend as normal.) 3 Free "Gift" Packages from the pick list in 2016

Interested in one of the Premium membership options? All you gotta do is click through in order to order, how easy, and they make great Christmas gifts!

Last edited:
Dave,

Are there any perks for getting a Gold or Platinum Membership (beyond getting one full market day and one one day event free and the monthly blankets included with the Platinum Membership?)? Because there are usually mi picks for those as well?

Just checking.

Jen

That's not a bad idea, While we offered them the first year in 2013 we did not in 2014, so as a middle option, I've re-added the MI pick bonus for those that purchase by the end of December (since that gives us the biggest help on our yearly insurance costs)

Please check the membership area of mnalliance.com. The Gold and Platinum memberships say that you get 2 mi picks with them. Might want to fix that.

Per the mnalliance.com page on Memberships:
  • Silver Membership– $150: Half-priced PC games & all NPC games free, plus 1 MI Pick and 100 additional Goblin Stamps per game attended as an NPC. Also, Silver Membership players that are only able to attend half or less of an event do not have to pay the second half of their event.
Is this still accurate and if so, does this mean that if one is a Silver Member (half-priced PC) and can only attend half or less of an event would the event would be fully pre-paid similar to Gold/Platinum? Also, how is half an event or less measured?

The reason I ask is that due to my new work schedule, I work every other weekend and would only be able to attend Friday and Saturday evening on those weekends (8 PM - 2 AMish both nights).

The silver membership half event option is designed specifically for situations like you just described, players that due to commitments are unable to make full events but still want to show up and play. The exact measurement of what constitutes half an event is a bit hard to pin down but it's roughly defined as missing at least a third of the 'operating' hours where we are running mods as well as not sleeping on site for example.

But in your specific example, yes a silver membership would cover you.

Membership options for 2016 Have been updated! Remember they make Stocking stuffers (We'll be happy to print you out a fancy gift certificate type thing as well.)

I was hoping that was the case. :) I've seen the packages for some of the other chapters and it looked like a neat system.

For memberships with free gift packages were those granted by a grant of Goblin Stamps or should we note in someway during pre-reg that we are using one of our free ones?

Please note it in your pre-registration, under goblin stamp expenditures to make sure we don't miss your credit

Bumping for 2017, The cost for attending all events in 2017 would be $385 if you pre-reg for each event, meaning you save $100, as it includes your $15 membership, that's 25% off!

Gold and silver membership will be available 'prorated' through out the year at a savings ratio of about 20% once we pass our first weekend event.

NPC guild? Number of weekend commitments? Or maybe I should just be committed? Or maybe I have commitment issues?

NPC Guild remains the same, we are asking for folks joining the NPC guild to commit to at least 4 of the six weekend events.

Back