Spell Shield activate, ?

Brooks

is it Activate spell spell shield? or Activate spell shield? I think its the first, I would prefer the second.

Thank you for your time in reading this post. I greatly appreciate any time and effort you have put into it. Your truly,

Brooks

Howdy!

Any activation of a spell requires an indicator of qualifier:

If John Fighterton is activating a Life from a Spell Store but can’t memorize them normally, he’d go “Activate! I call upon Earth to grant you Life!” The incantation indicates spell, so that’s all you need

Zeth, the Earth Spellblade, however, can memorize Life spells, so he’d go “Activate Spell Life!”

Likewise, you’d use “Activate spell spell shield.” However, I have found that it’s mentally easier if I do it this way...

“Activate Spell! Spell shield!”

“Activate Spell! Life!”

By adding that punctuation, it flows -much- more naturally for me.

Thank you Draven for you most expert reply. I was just really hopeful that the spell was redundant, there for not needed!

As a spell sword, I used two spell stores to pre-cast, then quick cast in the heat of combat. But, 2.0 has given a lot more greater options then to use a spell store like that. Plus, with my speech pattern, I can incant spell shield, or activate spell spell shield in about the same time. I guess I'll just start putting releases in my spell store!

And I found the cadence was important too. like 20 weapon strike healing, goes a lot better if I "20 weapon strike," prepare to swing "healing" swing. Instead of start to swing "20 weapon strike healing" but slow way down cause I'm still saying words.

Thanks again.

p.s. Is Zeth a character you know?

Thank you Draven for you most expert reply. I was just really hopeful that the spell was redundant, there for not needed!

As a spell sword, I used two spell stores to pre-cast, then quick cast in the heat of combat. But, 2.0 has given a lot more greater options then to use a spell store like that. Plus, with my speech pattern, I can incant spell shield, or activate spell spell shield in about the same time. I guess I'll just start putting releases in my spell store!

And I found the cadence was important too. like 20 weapon strike healing, goes a lot better if I "20 weapon strike," prepare to swing "healing" swing. Instead of start to swing "20 weapon strike healing" but slow way down cause I'm still saying words.

Thanks again.

p.s. Is Zeth a character you know?

Oh man, I know those feelings. I specifically had spell stores setup for spell shields, too. I had two 10s purely because they could each hold two. When SS was capped at 9, it made me sad.

The cadence issue is why I broke it up into two statements “Activate Spell! <blah!>” Took a second to get used to, but I think all incants require some practice.

Zeth is my Spellsword in Seattle. :)

Put it in a potion coating, Spell Strike Spell Shield yourself ;)

Naw, man, Spell Strike Reflect Spell is where it’s at.

Oh man, I know those feelings. I specifically had spell stores setup for spell shields, too. I had two 10s purely because they could each hold two. When SS was capped at 9, it made me sad.

The cadence issue is why I broke it up into two statements “Activate Spell! <blah!>” Took a second to get used to, but I think all incants require some practice.

Zeth is my Spellsword in Seattle. :)
Darn. If Zetb was made up. I was going to insist you use yonkie in all your description.

I guess I’ll still insist. But now. Zeth is allways fighting/taking to Yonkie in your explanations :)

Back