Spirit Store Scroll- need clarification ****PLEASE******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spirit Store scroll
Dreamingfurther wrote:
fairly simple question, but I put it up here because I've heard conflicting things back and forth.

Is the duration of the Spirit Store scroll that stores someone into a golem still only 5 days, or did it go to 1 year like all the other scrolls in the DB that went to 1 year?

Thanks.

This question can be answered by looking at a current ritual scroll. The full text of ritual scrolls is not available in the Alliance rulebook. If you need to know the answer to this without having a scroll, contact your local Head of Plot and make your case for seeing the text of the scroll without having the scroll available to your characters.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

This is not a valid answer. Considering the fact that many scrolls state 5 days, and I have yet to see a scroll that states 1 year.. Some chapters in the Northeast play the spirit store as 1 year others play it as 5 days. The majority of the scrolls I have seen have not changed the verbiage with respect to the duration change that was supposed to be reflected.

I think we need an actuall answer to this question not a "see your plot team/see the scroll" answer and I apologize if I seem to sound frustrated. My main PC is a ritualist and I am asking for a clear answer... I have cast these rituals before and I actually cast one this past event weekend I attended (in NJ for another player) . So again I ask please can I get a real answer on this.
My thanks!
Onitt

It is an absolutely crucial requirement that your chapter owner(s) have access to the current ritual database. The current ritual database is always the last arbiter of disputes on what a ritual scroll is supposed to read.

If you are playing in chapters where the owner does not have a current version of the ritual database and is therefore unable to hand it out to their Head of Plot (or equivalent position), that is a serious problem which should be rectified immediately. Any Head of Plot should be able to answer a question pertaining to the text of a ritual scroll by looking at a current version of the ritual database.

It sounds like you are finding a situation where different chapters have different versions of the ritual database, which is a very big issue. Contact the chapters where you have gotten differing answers and have them ensure that they update their ritual database to the most current version.

So long as ritual scrolls are not in the Alliance rulebook, ARC will not quote text which is available on the scroll in the most current version of the ritual database. If there is a question of interpretation or an errata to be published, we will happily provide clarification - but in this case, the answer is plainly available on the scroll with no question of interpretation. Contact your chapter owner or Head of Plot and ensure that the scroll you are using is the most current version. Those are the correct resources to verify that you have an updated version of the scroll.

As an aside, I would highly recommend that anyone who has questions about their version of a particular Ritual Scroll (especially if it was printed many years ago) ask to verify the text or have it reprinted from the current ritual database to reduce the possibility of differing text.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back