Stone Elf Emotions

GwenR

Newbie
I was just reading about the stone elves and am fairly interested in them, though one question has yet to be answered. Do they have emotions? I know they are stoic and can not show emotion though do they have them?
 

Inaryn

Knight
GwenR said:
I was just reading about the stone elves and am fairly interested in them, though one question has yet to be answered. Do they have emotions? I know they are stoic and can not show emotion though do they have them?
They do, they just don't display them.

If you've ever watched Star Trek (any of them,) think of them as being a lot like Vulcans with regards to the emotions roleplay.
 

Dom

Scout
Gettysburg Staff
After playing a dark elf this past weekend, I gotta say. Holding back smiles and laughs can be very difficult. Especially since your friends will know this and abuse it. It's a true test of RP ability.
 

GwenR

Newbie
I do not plan on playing one though one friend does already play one. I plan on being a dryad and am basing my interaction with people in the beginning based off their emotions since dryads are trees and connected to earth I am having mine sense emotion and the more emotional the more interesting so I was curious how she would react to a stone elf.
 

Dom

Scout
Gettysburg Staff
GwenR said:
I do not plan on playing one though one friend does already play one. I plan on being a dryad and am basing my interaction with people in the beginning based off their emotions since dryads are trees and connected to earth I am having mine sense emotion and the more emotional the more interesting so I was curious how she would react to a stone elf.
I would say not very well :)
 
Vulcans are a good starting point for how to play a Stone Elf. However, whereas Vulcans choose to embrace logic, Stone Elves MUST suppress their emotions or else suffer excruciating physical pain. It's the underlying motivation that sets them apart. Vulcans have logic as the goal. For Stone Elves logic is a side effect.

My Stone Elf is currently living with Barbarians and is dealing with the problem of adopting a berserker battle rage on occasion. In their eyes he has a bear spirit living inside him.

Mike E.
 

Darkcrescent

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
My dryad Asher tends to avoid dark elves and stone elves for the reason they don't show much emotion. Which is why you'll never see me with Harlequin and the DEs at Somn. As far as Stones having emotions its rare, but amazing when you see it.
 

GwenR

Newbie
Darkcrescent said:
My dryad Asher tends to avoid dark elves and stone elves for the reason they don't show much emotion. Which is why you'll never see me with Harlequin and the DEs at Somn. As far as Stones having emotions its rare, but amazing when you see it.
*laughs* which is why I am having my character around them. I plan on playing up the 'dryad energy thing' alot. Very metal fearful (gloves holding coins and such) So she is fascinated by the elves for their interesting emotions since she knows they are there but not shown.
 

Warlok

Adept
Charlottesville Staff
Just wanted to chime in quickly on the reason why Stone Elves don't show emotion...the "excruciating pain" mentioned may be in a local race packet, but I don't think it's common to all Stone Elves throughout Fortannis.

-Luke
 
Warlok said:
Just wanted to chime in quickly on the reason why Stone Elves don't show emotion...the "excruciating pain" mentioned may be in a local race packet, but I don't think it's common to all Stone Elves throughout Fortannis.

-Luke
The physical pain is in the national part of the race packet.
 
where could one get such a mystical national race packet? I'm fairly new to alliance (not to larp tho!!!!!) and I really wanna be a stone elf but I can find rp guides anywhere besides don't show emotion (and everyone will try to make me laugh)
 

Warlok

Adept
Charlottesville Staff
Your local chapter's Plot team should have access to all of the National Race Packets. They may also have a local race packet detailing more of the culture and society of the local population of Stone Elves. I would contact them and express your interest in learning more about the Stone Elves in that chapter. Especially helpful might be to tell them why you think you would want to play a Stone Elf, so that they can work with you in building the character that you would most enjoy playing.

-Luke
 
Thanks so much! :lol: I personally like stone elves since I am a celestial caster (like hardcore), I wanted to make sure I live a long time, I like the rp challenge, and it fits the personality for the most part of my character
 

beboped

Rogue
Oregon Staff
Marshal
Telokh_Amdo said:
Warlok said:
Just wanted to chime in quickly on the reason why Stone Elves don't show emotion...the "excruciating pain" mentioned may be in a local race packet, but I don't think it's common to all Stone Elves throughout Fortannis.

-Luke
The physical pain is in the national part of the race packet.
I don't know what the ettiquette is as far as discussing the national race packets, but suffice it to say that the position of the information within the race packet, as well as the specific wording, leaves some ambiguity.

In addition, this interpretation has some troubling interactions with various rules effects. In particular, the exact wording implies that Euphoria elixirs, Love elixirs and similar elixirs would cause the Stone Elf pain, which feels wrong to me (though I'm not anyone special, admittedly :shades: ). However, if anyone prefers to play it that way, there's nothing stopping them as far as I'm aware.
 
Top