Stonerest

jwconvery

Spellsword
What do we know about the levels in Stonerest?

I hear there are 7 of them, and Oni are involved. Joseph was found in one?

I plan to investigate the dark energy connecting Stonerest to the Order shell/Oni, that Thaum seems to oppose.

What are the Oni, what should I know?

Any information would be helpful.

-Gideon

Gideon,

Here is the information that I have on the specific levels of Stonerest. Joseph was not found there. I would recommend talking about Oni in a separate dreaming, as they are quite complicated in and of themselves. In short, chaotic oni are mindless, monstrous creatures, and lawful oni can only briefly be described as worse in dealings than fae and should be avoided at all costs.

Every time a city is built on Stonerest, it ALWAYS collapses. Once there are 8 levels and the last one collapses (making 9), something really bad happens. I cannot recall what at this moment. Something about an overall pull for power (One of the leaders rules all of stonerest, mass hysteria and war?, and so on). It is in our best interests to make sure that we control this.

The Levels of Stonerest:
1st
- Lawful Oni Liddabaxo controls this level. He had a chaotic oni (Ape Lizard named Fenezel) bound to him by a collar that the adventurers killed and took. It is still in our possession. I believe Liddabaxo is still around, however everyone speaks about how bad of an oni and ruler he is. Likely still struggling to recover. The floor is also covered with Thralls (Also known as "Face Suckers") and Dretches (These are grey creatures that fight in groups).

2nd - Leader is a Kappa by the name of Strognoct. He is a green lizard in fine clothes with a deep voice.

3rd - The third floor is covered with Gecki. The leader is Syrus. The adventurers also met with him and his guests (Lord DuPont, Lord Bertrand, The Master of Opulence) for dinner, but I cannot recall why. I believe it had to deal with the spirit tower. They are similar to vampires, but are more powerful. That being said, they have more rules and are bound to them. Very polite. Hate garlic. They cannot enter a building unless invited in. As a result, they are stuck and cannot leave (because nobody lets them in).

4th - This floor is owned by a Dust Mithit* by the name of Hestrum. The place itself lies, and lies worse than oni do.
*There are differences between Mithits and Quasits. Quasits are tied to the Magistarium planes (Life/Death), and have more rules than Mithits. My notes tell me that Hestrum is a Dust Quasit, however I believe this is false information as my gut tells me that he is a Mithit from a future conversation. Worth looking into?

5th - This floor is ruled by Xaelkin, a Life Quasit. Xaelkin does not get along with Hestrum. This floor is a happy elven city (Jimberlix?) made up of Cezuar. The fewer clothes you wear the higher ranking status you are. It seems that every year is the same. There is a library in this city with (useful?) information, however hard to go unnoticed. There is a shortcut to get to this level from one of the higher floors.

6th - Ebrix the Imp is described as a smart Liddabaxo. Likely will win if Stonerest is completed. He gets along well with the 2nd and 5th floors, kind of with the 3rd floor, and not at all with the 4th.

7th - I do not have any information on this floor, nor do most people in general.

This information is a number of years old, so I cannot speak to its accuracy.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry
Waymaker

Last edited:
Banradi,

Thank you for this very thorough account. I do have one question.

Once there are 8 levels and the last one collapses (making 9), something really bad happens.

So 7 levels now, so another level needs to be built then collapsed, then a 9th level built atop that, and then collapsed? Do you know if it's 9 total levels or 9 collapsed levels? Any idea how quickly levels get built?

When the adventurers learned about this, did anyone entertain the possibility of preventing further levels from being built?

Thank you for sharing what you know. I plan to vision every level, I'll let you know if my information runs counter to what you've said here.

-Gideon

Last edited:
Gideon,

My understanding is that this will happen after the 9th town collapses. Levels take a while to build, as an entire town needs to be built, exist for a while, and then collapse.

The adventurers went through the first floor to disrupt Liddabaxo and Fenezel to buy us some time. As for the existing city, it has been told that the city of Stonerest will ALWAYS collapse every time something is built there.

Looking forward to hearing what you learn.

Waymaker

Do these towns need to be built in a specific location or is Stonerest a gathering of places that have fallen?

-Fredrick

Who is Stenezal?

Floors that need to be dealt with, and how Gideon proposes we do that.

Floor 2: Strongnact. Chaos Oni and a Lizard/Snake creature Leader. Small group go and kick him in the teeth. After some recon, maybe find a better route in.
Floor 4: Not sure. Probably going to ask Lightning Prince for help
Floor 5: Lawful Oni PantherGhasts
Floor 6: Summon Oni Slaying Artifacts, maybe fight his army outside with Thaum's help.
Floor 7: not really a floor, Iz's town up north. We need to know whats going on in 'the Mill'. Then lots of DFMs and we attack Iz.

-Gideon

Floor 2. Dretches require lieutenants to guide them on the field. They are blue in color, and should be killed first. (info from Count Stonefist)
--Is there another way down to this floor? there is a large army where wave after wave of organized forces to fight through. Need more research on Stongnact.

-Gideon

Is there anything preventing us from contracting in?

That has always been the best way to pick off leadership; one group makes a scene at the front of the line, another rifts in the back.

Lukas

I'm not sure. That sounds like a great idea. Stonerest does have some anomalies that might prevent contracting, but I don't know that for sure.

Who writes custom contracts?

-Gideon

I don't believe contracts work, but there are secret passages to get to and from certain levels.

Also to clarify, he does not write contracts. He only sells them to the specific people they are intended for. His name is something along the lines of Omanamasha(gushi?)gashu. Oman for short.

Long live Oman.

Waymaker

Back