Stories and event reviews for event 8/14-8/16:The Festival of Yobloko Orchard

Jim

Scholar
Please Tell us about your weekend! What were your favorite moments from this event? What kind of misadventure did you enjoy? Who got the best laughs? Who pulled the most tears? Had some epic moments or just want to share the things you loved most about game? Please share all the fun here!

Also tell the Crew about your weekend on our event review and summary!
Make sure to vote for the players who helped make the weekend great in out fav pics sections. Winners will receive prizes!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jbE0RT6_9CtK4W54JLXqIyfYI5Z_6ZAkFKpHah0h688/viewform
Everyone who completes the form will receive 30 GS and also help us build a better game experience.

I have to say, Jason's monologue trying to draw out slugbait was one of the best impromptu speeches I have ever had the privledge to listen to.

So while I wrote this really long version to Isaac to send to the team, Imma try to sum up stuff cause he asked me to post a shorter version here.

This event is what I wanted out of a larp.

NPC camp is very professional. They never forgot anything, got back to me. The shift I did was quick, efficient, with everything we needed. The NPCs were prepared, well statted - scaled and balance professionally. The NPCs and Marshals were friendly, answered questions, and went with whatever crazy thing we chose to do. Furthermore, every NPC I encountered had RP to it if I tried. The NPCs actually fought us, with group and personal strategy, never rushing to their deaths trying to get in any hits possible. The fights felt more real. I honestly did not get a chance to thank individual PCs in the field enough, let alone drop by NPC camp to thank them enough.

That is what I want out of NPC camp.

The beacon plot is pretty cool. It's physrepped, it has story to it, hows and whys, and is a present danger that we could choose when and how to deal with. The banshees were awesome, with the screaming and everything. The massive tree looked great, and I loved how its second pop was scaled for the field. I was delighted to see the Bandit come back in service of the town, an actual ecology to the world. The story about the Hags and the children, saving them, the ones that came into the town, tracking them, totally well done and enjoyable.

That is what I want out of plot.

All of the PCs were welcoming. They wanted to talk to me, hear about me, tell me about themselves. The nobility "Gets it", was supportive of the adventurers, not overbearing. I got to have long roleplay about philosophy, hear war stories, goof off with PCs. There was active trade. The loot bag was engaged by people without whining or greed, and fairness. The PCs fought side by side, regardless of affiliation - your battle partner was your battle partner. People cooperated and coordinated with each other because it was in good sense and fun. I had happy interactions, serious ones, respectful ones, fun ones, and tough ones (mostly about self service and sacrifice). Camaraderie, roleplay, cooperative play. So good.

That is what I want out of interaction with PCs.

NPCs and PCs were very respectful about the rules. From clarifying what something did, asking to hit a bit less hard, sorry about the head shot, missing a spell, patience with each other overall. Fighting was the safest I've seen, even when we were all super tired Saturday night. People helped pick up packets, get things back to who owned what. Costuming was great, from NPCs to PCs. Gypsies looked like Gypsies, Dark Elves looked like Dark Elves, gear looked like gear, monsters looked like monsters. Holds were so amazingly few and far in between it was awesome.

This is what I want out of sportsmanship in a larp.

The only complaint I had was the damn heat and humidity. Pretty sure I was in a stage of heatstroke throughout Saturday, and man was I dead Sunday and Monday.

That's not what I want out of a larp. Go away heat!

Thank you SF and everyone who visited from afar, this event was fantastic for me. It set a very high, but attainable bar for other games.

This event is what I wanted out of a larp.

Greetings all!

I thoroughly enjoyed my first event. Oscar was a joy to develop with you all and you made it easy. When there are so many RP opportunities, characters start to come alive.

I look forward to our next encounter!

Reactions: Jim
Back