Stories and Event Reviews for Maelstrom 15-17

Oof! What an event!
Please post stories from your weekend! What were your favorite moments from this event? What kind of misadventure did you enjoy? Who got the best laughs? Who pulled the most tears? Had some epic moments or just want to share the things you loved most about game? Please share all the fun here!

Please be kind enough to fill out an event review and summary! Cast and Crew want to hear your opinions, and that's easiest when they're all written down!
The form is located here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jbE0RT6_9CtK4W54JLXqIyfYI5Z_6ZAkFKpHah0h688/viewform
Everyone who completes the form will receive 30 GS and also help build a better game experience.

It was really wonderful to see old friends/meet new ones. I'll drop a couple quick thoughts here, as I just landed back in San Diego.

Silence at night. "Is that-?" "Yes mother. That is the dragon of Fortannis. What do you think?" "I think I just peed a little."

Angry, angry Kasuni. Kid fits right into the family, and fights really really well with gran-mama.

Vellis puns and jokes are the best <3

Terran and Zehnyu trade collar stories. <3

OH MAN THERE'S AN ELEPHANT KIN.

Foooooooooooooooooooood. Dan, I want that pizza breadbowl recipe <3

Waking up to Turtle bringing me bacon and coffee in bed. Twice. <3

"Eli? Do you want me to handle that? Cool. I'll let you handle that."

Story time/late night time with Akemi. The kids have all grown up. <3

Minted Zehn and Daylynn chasing Killian and then Calderon. Hee hee hee.

Zehnyu and Daylynn fighting shenanigans. "One. Two. Three. SPLIT!"

Catching up with Teth, Kiarra and Nak.

"You're old enough now that I can make sex jokes in front of you and not feel bad."

The Dream module, and the resurrection afterword.

Sunday morning teaching rituals and passing knowledge on to the next generation.

The Old man and the Empress. Neat. Super neat.

House Temperance and Ruin lives on without any need for a banner or powers. GO TEAM BURIES-THE-DEAD!

General Taylor. Now with surprise harmony! <3

Seeing Baron Sir Marcus and Druscill again! Thanks for putting me up in your Graveyard Manor, Mike! I promise I'll keep the place tidy ;).

Saying goodbye. Whoo boy. <3

"Take care of your sisters. I'm sorry, Shin." *finger taps forehead*

See you space cowboy <3.

More to come, but first I would like to thank plot for supplying me with my first antagonist who is literally kitten skinning evil.

- The arm amputation went off without a hitch, prop-wise. The person who taught me the technique for it warned me it was going to spurt and be horrible, but I wasn't anticipating how fantastic it was going to be.

- Collar talk with Zehnyu. She's the first person to treat it respectfully and seriously (and not threaten to knock him out and blast it off him) and she got Terren's immediate appreciation for it. Plus it was nice to find someone else wearing one... even if for slightly different reasons.

- Terren is going to get into the Plane of Bureaucracy one way or another, goshdarnit.

- Every part of the altercation with Dame Marise.

- The slow glazed look on Pluvianella's face over the course of the weekend. My poor Biata friend got thrown hard into the deep end of the pool ;_; what a champ.

- Going full "Mr. President nooooooooo" and throwing myself at a Chaos Elemental that had come up on Baron Sir Marcus while his back was turned.

- Apology cakes for Vellis.

- Getting super invested in stuff resulting in Terren lying there going "You know what? Maybe getting that impassioned coin was kinda actually legit. Huh."

- Getting pissy with Resete.

- Drunk pun night with everyone on Saturday.

- Meaningful words of encouragement from older brothers.

Last edited:
- Spending time with Zehnyu and Daylynn, both in and out of combat. Going to miss them <3

- The Angana fight, and the opportunity to completely tunnel-vision anger-fight. Thanks to Jim, and Greg, and everyone else involved in setting up a villain Kasuni could completely hate, and thanks to Rain for rolling with it!

- The RP around Mikaely (I am sure I butchered that spelling) with Terren and Shin. Playing the game of "what would Allara say/do?". Thanks Rain & Cooksey!

- Running around with Vanyal, even though we never found the bunny we were looking for

- Talking to a skeptical Teth about reasons for moving the the Maelstrom, and the end of the weekend, when Teth understood and wanted to join

- Breaking the MWE-murder curse after 10 years of RP with it. It was a blast going from campaign to campaign to collect all of the items!

"Next one to kneel goes home the hard way."

"Check it, Check it!! The Empress has the sword I made." "Is that a good thing?" "Yes!!"

Back