Stories and Event Reviews for Maelstrom, October 6-8

Hooray! Event reviews!

Please post stories from Maelstrom! Did you nearly eat it running down the mountain? What were your favorite moments from this event? What kind of misadventure did you enjoy? Who got the best laughs? Who pulled the most tears? Had some epic moments or just want to share the things you loved most about game? Please share all the fun here!

Please be kind enough to fill out an event review and summary! Cast and Crew want to hear your opinions, and that's easiest when they're all written down!
The form is located here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jbE0RT6_9CtK4W54JLXqIyfYI5Z_6ZAkFKpHah0h688/viewform
Everyone who completes the form will receive 30 GS and also help build a better game experience.

My first death, and accompanying epic battle resurrection! And then...
Fighting for several minutes before realizing I wasn't actually wearing any clothes.

"I'm going to be double hooking for disguise purposes."

"What kind of loot are we going to be finding?" "We're going to be looting knowledge."

Tears of pride when Terren got his lordship. :3

Teaching Kasuni about feelings.

*Kjeld and Tevas doing some serious strategizing about how to ensure that we have a tree to enter the Feywilds*
"Wait, how big of a tree do we need?" And then...
The Maelstrom Tree's first experience with the horrors of war. RIP, pretty gold pot.

"This song is not about clocks."

Teaching Leon the joys of doing a res. ... Well at least the spirit was laughing throughout.

Bday party with Death(s). "Wait there is a real catapult to go with this?"

4th game in, 1st character death. I absolutely had chills running down my spine as I had to silently watch the last of the other adventurers continue to run away from me, and the outsider that killed me crept up to me slowly, giving the final blow. It was terrifying and fantastic.

Crying ugly tears of anger at Plue for dying, when she came back onto the battlefield.

Shattering a construct in the Capitol, only to realize there would be no end of them.

Hiding a light in a cabin with Vellis as we hid in the dark, anxiously refitting my armor while fights raged on around us.

Drunkenly handing Death(s) pieces of chocolate while they were coming into the hall for their party.

Also, "This song is not about clocks."

Feeling like a hero after saving Desky from being killing blow-ed by a construct that had assassinated him. (NPC told me that he didn't realize they weren't supposed to killing blow people until later, but it ended being a really cool scene )

All parts of running for our lives from the Outsiders
  1. The boss creatures whole look and presence, "Hammer-hands?" the cool light mask that it had the crazy arms and stuff it was swinging for massive damage
  2. Realizing people were missing at the bottom of the hill and Tevas running back for Kjeld as we needed him to get people through the Feywilds, turns out he was in a Prison spell? O_O
  3. Tevas screaming "We have to get out NOW! Do you want to die!" as we were trying to teleport away from the beast. Super cinematic.

Communing with Spider and hunting down earth vermin to help him.

Being the rogue "tank" for our lowbie group and going down 2 times.

Chasing down an earth vermin that was running away to stop him from discovering the town.

Talking to and attuning to a Griffin Blade.

Actually LARPing for the first time :D

Having Kon excused from the stressful duty of healing and caring for those during combat by having someone else take on that noble duty by relieving him of all of his potions and scrolls. Now he can focus on other things.

The night escape from the outsiders was some of the most fun I can remember.

Aside from that, watching myself make decisions in character that I would never perform IRL is such a strange dichotomy. At 3am Sunday morning, jumping at the chance to handle the bureaucracy of loot instead of sleep... W E I R D

"This song is not about clocks."

The songs are NEVER about clocks.

My favorite moment that will be VERY hard to ever top:

Having a conversation with Fenris' hand puppet- even after Fenris ACTUALLY fell asleep and the hand kept talking. (Resete has some crazy ideas, but sometimes they work!!!!)

The Capital search. Something about being able to run around searching through a town in the middle of the night with the prospects of treasure is just REALLY appealing to me.

Soaking my feet in the waters after fighting Lord Boulder. Cold, but supremely satisfying.

Singing - any opportunity I get to sing and have an audience who appreciates it just makes my day.

"Trap door! I found the door! Someone get Tulbor. I can't open this, we need someone to open it." "Spellstrike destroy" "well that works"

Ignoring the "lets use the lore scroll" and getting the instructions 'download' for the box through (Graham) the hammer. "What are you doing?" "I got this."

"You can almost taste the blood in your mouth when that happened."

Back