Stories and Favs from the TS March event!

Shay

I want to start by thanking Bobby for bringing all those cookies and drinks. And also thanks to everyone who helped me carry chairs and tables back down- I had meant to say that at Listen Down but then spaced.

As for stories: I was proud to get my promotion, but given that I spent the entire first fight Charmed and most of the last fight under a Magic Intoxicate, I'm not sure I made a particularly impressive showing. ;)

What else did people like?

I just wanted to say that I was really impressed with the mix of role play and combat. Also great job with mod setup for a one-day.

More impressed by the staffs ability to allow us to role play through situations that at first appeared to be heavily combat oriented.

Most impressed by the variety of mod types:
Attacking a keep to harvesting flowers to a psychedelic field of Fae. Amazingly enough, harvesting flowers might have been the hardest fight.

Last, great time had fighting especially as we never used the field by the playground!!! Good use of the site, plot!

"Alright, you have two missions. One is to go after a small colossus and recovery its power core. The other involves picking flowers. I would suggest your more seasoned people go on the second."

*blink* "What type of hell flowers are on this island, anyway?"

I like how consistent the world is, how much keeping track and thinking our way through problems actually helps, and the general kick *** interesting stories that plot is telling.

Finally, this was one of the best natured games I've seen. Fighting was very clean, people had fun, and all IG conflicts stayed purely IG. Let's keep this up, both staff and PC's!

I enjoyed herding the Paranoid, Hallucinating or Laughing Ashenspire squad through the mists.
I really enjoyed the 'parlay' with both the low sentient group and the fae.

Meeting PCs I'd never met before. Asking where they were from. Upon hearing 'a place that doesn't exist anymore...," interrupting with 'Garrenshaw?' The look on their faces.

This was my first game back in about 6 months and I really had a great time. Probably my favorite TS event yet. I had a good time gabbing with other characters and meeting characters that I new out of game from my old NPCs but was meeting for the first time as a PC.

I also really liked the interaction with NPCs and hope we get to see Chunka the Giant again.

My favorite fight was the fae battle at the end, those hallucinate, intoxicate, laugh, etc volleys made it a crazy fight. Sometimes you can go into a battle prepared, in formation and with a solid strategy. Sometimes the best you can do is say "Get 'em", then run around stabbing at anything you think is an enemy and hope for the best. This was definitely the latter, and I think worked really well for us.

Last thing... "Papa Shikky aka Baron Shikky Shikky Shake" :whistle:

Back