Subjugate: Carry/Lift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I know this is super anal and that this is a wording thing that isn't covered directly by the book, but I would like to think that there's intent here even if it's not expressed at all (even though it's specifically excluded by the bolded (my emphasis) 'only' in the preceding paragraph):
The only valid commands that a caster can give a target while they are Subjugated are listed below. Note that the wording of a command does not need to exactly match the following but it should be similar enough to it so that the target can understand what is meant. (...)
Carry/lift: The target will carry or lift objects and or people if it has the necessary strength to do so.
You can have a Subjugated creature put something down once they've lifted/carried it, can't you?

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

ARC would like to clarify that any command given under a Subjugate may be ended.

Specifically, change the second paragraph under Subjugate from:

... but the target will only follow the last one given.

to:

... but the target will only follow the last one given. The caster of the spell may order the target to stop any command once it has been given without explicitly ordering the target to return to normal. For example, a caster could order a target to "Carry that person", then "Stop carrying that person".

Please note that this merely clarifies part of the spell which is already in place - as stated already in the spell description, once a new command has been given, any prior commands will be stopped.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back