Sunrise after the Dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greimalk

Tal runs through the early dawn mists to his friends home; the honorable Ithoughta and Isawda, leaping up the stairs in a single stride. Seeing the light blazing from the window by the door and seeing the shadows moving within, Tal knows what must have happened here as well. Barely has his hand knocked upon the door when it opens to reveal the concerned faces of his friends. Seeing the same haggard expressions upon their faces he knows that they have experienced the same dream and all the horrors it held. No word is spoken as they look to each other knowing what has been shared and knowing that they are powerless at that moment to prevent it from happening again.

Sitting in the open chair by the fireplace, his body racked with uncontrollable shivers Tal says in a quiet voice "I need your help my friends for a mad idea that may cost me my mind and my life." Drawing from around his neck a simple leather thong from which dangles a shining metallic stone, he continues in the quiet voice " I need you to watch over me for the next while, it could be but a few minutes or it could be hours or even days". "I am going to use my abilities to place myself into a trance and try and focus into the stone to learn more of what is affecting us all and to see if I can communicate with the lost one who is calling to us." Tal hears the sudden intake of their breathes and knows that they understand the dangers he is placing himself in. "Watch over me my friends and if for any reason you believe I am in danger or if it appears I have been taken over, knock my stone from my hands and render me unconscious in whatever fashion you can." "If I cannot be subdued without harm, do whatever you must to protect yourselves and the town; I will not be the cause of harm to anyone in the town if it can be prevented."

Without waiting for an answer, Tal begins to focus his attention onto his stone, slowly allowing the world to fade away. Narrowing the focus of his third eye till it is as tight as he can make it, Tal begins to probe into the surface of the stone, swimming deeper into its infinite depths searching for the pleading voice...................

Tal will be in a trance for several days. As Tal is in this trance he cannot communitcate with others. Someone needs to also watch over him as he spasms. Email will be sent by end of the weekend. :ninja:

Karuna, having finished most of the logistical work with the Spellblades, will be watching over Tal as he goes through his spasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back