Superior Equipment Cleaving weapon

DracoIam

Spellsword
Cleaving Weapon
3 times ever
A character can expend a charge from this weapon and a Slay or Assassinate to immediately make two attacks at half the damage (rounded down) of the expended skill. If an Assassinate is expended, both attacks must be from behind.
what if this is on a thrown weapon? can you swing with another weapon?
So say I have a Cleaving Rock thrown weapon, and using an assassinate can I throw a Throwing bananas to deliver the next attack? or hit with a blunt?
do I have to mind positioning rules for ranged weapons?

The two attacks need to both be made with the same Cleaving Weapon, one immediately after the other.

¿Is the same caveat ("the attack must be made with the weapon affected by Superior Equipment") attached to other similar items? E.g. Bow of Enchanted Barrage doesn't specify the additional-damage attacks must be made with the Superior Equipment, though that interpretation stands to reason.

1668741945077.png

Yup.

Perhaps excluding thrown weapon or making a match set exception? But melee weapons, bow, or crossbow

One of the big drives of 2.1, from a QoL/accessibility standpoint, is eliminating exceptions in the rules. I’d be loathe to introduce additional exceptions unless there was a hugely significant need.

I'm saying that don't see a realistic way to utilize cleaving weapon on a thrown weapon. I suppose if you do the call and your rep bounced back to you so you can immediately throw it a second time.

But I suppose that this is advice an older player can impart on others,

Not every piece of Superior Equipment is designed to be used with Thrown Weapons.

Back