Taking Scroll Orders

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
After our last fight against Zakka, I find my stores of high level scrolls dangerously depleted. As such, I'm going to need to reserve my first batch of scrolls to replenish reserves of dragon's breath and the like. Until the point where I can donate scrolls to newer adventurers again, I find myself forced to sell instead. This means prices set at 4x the production cost with at least 2x production cost up font for materials, the remainder to be due upon delivery.

Hopefully this situation will only be temporary. Don't worry too hard though. As always, field casting of protectives will continue. Donations towards this are as always, appreciated.

So, I'm not going to be that guy, yet I am going to be that guy. A useful venture into how not to get in trouble from the law / fined for anyone who's wanting to craft things and sell them.

First off - I salute your endeavor into the world of production. Many a person vests their personal energies into other ventures for adventuring. It is those brave souls who toil for hours or at least 5 minutes to produce fine goods to keep their fellow adventures alive. No sense dying with gold in your pockets, neh?

To ask, are you a member of the merchant's guild? If so - excellent! I thought there was like two of us. If not, you cannot sell items at X4. You can sell to merchants at X2. Like myself. It is the way the law is set up. Fortunately you do not need to be a member of the Crafters guild to sell to Merchants. And honestly, the crafters guild doesn't really seem to offer much these days locally. Maybe in bigger towns. But since you are a Master scroll maker, I believe you'd qualify with some paperwork. Always paperwork.

So here's what we could do. If someone says to themselves "Gosh darn it, you know scrolls are handy as heck! Especially with all the elementals about, it'd be nice to have combat spells on hand to sort it all out!" Then they can place an order with myself. I can sell to them at X4 - buying the production items from you at X2. I'd even be willing to front you the production cost (out of the X2 I'd be giving you mind you).

Basically I can have you sell to Mixer Adventures Emporium and I work as the middle man.

If you like, I could just scout out people who need scrolls and place work orders with yourself. I seem to recall you having a shop, yes?

The alternative to this is getting a Merchants license, which requires you to have 20 gold. 10 for the license fee and having 10 gold for business capital - then of course, filing paperwork. Which is interesting since the merchant's guild master went away...

This is also true for anyone else who feels the need for crafting. I already spoke with an enterprising young woman who is interested in potion making and I've heard rumors of a few alchemist about.

Anyone who has need of production items, let me know private or publicly and I shall endeavor to make sure those with skills get work as I'll place orders with them.

Crafters craft - Merchant sells - Adventures get good that keep them alive. Works all around.

Please work out size of order - production value needed to complete said order.

If you are a crafter - please give me a good estimate of your crafting level and I shall work to match up orders to people who have skill. Again, I'm willing to front people money to craft if they happen to find themselves a little short.

Employees also tend to enjoy benefits like not being eaten by giant ants. Or perhaps tea at the Inn if Little is about.

Mixer

Kel,

You should contact Prashka. Offer her gold to explode magic at an enemy when you touch her with mana. She might be agreeable. It would be interesting!

-Z

Wait, I'm not really close at the moment so I can't always hear everything right, there is a rule out there on how much you can sell stuff for? I'm just asking because I don't want to get into trouble next time I come to visit. I mean usually I don't sell stuff for that much but sometimes people are like 'Jehyu, 10 cure mortal wounds isn't enough, we are gonna be arm wrestling bone breaker dragons and need more than that' and they need more than I can usually make and I have to charge more. Does this mean I'm not allowed to do that?

Otherwise if you like to buy stuff at double production or so that's what I usually sell for, I'm a master potion maker, alchemist, blacksmith, but I'm not that good at scrollmaking yet, I'm barely a journeyman. I'll let you know if you want next time I manage to come out there if you want to set up orders, it would save me time and you are probably better at finding out what people need than I am...

-Jehyu
Rabbitkin Artisan

Mixer, can you send me a copy of those rules again, as it's my understanding that the celestial guild, of which I'm a member, can sell celestial scrolls without the requirement of a merchant guild membership. I'd rather check the rules again for clarification than trust to memory though.

That said, Zeth, exploding and mana... Not the best combinations of words right now.

I'm pretty sure Prashka would disagree with you forever, barring an unexpected change of interests.

That being said, let me know if I can help in some way that doesn't involve coin or scrolls, as I have pretty much none of the first and Karzel gets all of the second.

-Zeth

Ah, I'm not sure if the Celestial guild has their own method for selling scrolls. I don't make them so I never asked. It's the general rules of commerce in Sedovia. Now the Celestial guild handles High Ritual scrolls and sets 'reasonable' prices on those and material components - as they do not have a production value.

Oh well, something to keep in mind. If nothing else, serves as a lesson for our more traditional crafting venues. If I hear of anyone needing scrolls, I shall certainly send them your way.

Mixer

Jehyu, thank you for your interest! Yes, the laws of this land strictly regulate the selling of production items. This is to make sure that A) someone who crafts can make a reasonable living and B) that specialty items do not suddenly change price.

For example, lets say you had a plague going about. Potions that cured diseases would be in extremely high demand. This stops the...oh what is it called...price goudging.

Merchants, by the same token, are limited to how high or low they can sell items. X4 to X6. The reason for the variance is due to incidental costs - shipping, hiring guards, etc. Everything I make local I sell at the minimum, X4. This way the merchant also makes a profit - as they bought from the crafter - and can take the goods to a wider market of people that would need them. People who are licensed by the Merchants guild are bound by this rule and that they will maintain a certain level of gold on hand to pay for incidentals - or money back as needed.

The Merchants Guild also sets the price value of items - per recommendations for the crown. So if the King decides we need to boost the economy, prices can fluxuate.

I look forward to your visit and discussing crafting techniques. Oh, do not forget to get your visitor papers sorted out when you arrive.

Mixer

Visitor papers? I've never heard of those anywhere I've traveled who sets these kinds of things up?

-Jehyu

It's the kingdom we currently reside. It's a bit odd since it's an actual well established government. I know most adventures are used to tyrant, some monster horde, chaos dragon, or frontier village where they stand. But our little adventuring community finds itself in a place that actually has King, Barony, citizens, and law. Weird huh? Anyway, just a formality mainly. Depends how long you staying.

I do think I heard my name?

Kel, if you have need of some coin (was there some sort of horrific fight? too bad I missed it, but I really do hate Key Bitch, so, whatever) to help support the community, I'll be happy to send a donation with Ashok. Good of the town and all of that.

Go forth and smash more Key Bitch!!

Prashka

Back