Tent Compounds and Wards Policy v1.0


Compound Ward Policy

As we move into a new campsite, many players and groups will be tenting. Because of this, this post is intended to clarify exactly how Warding tent compounds works. There will be two types of compounds covered in this post.

Covered Compound

A covered tent compound is one where all of the tents face towards a single covered pavillion in the center. A single Ward spell will be able to protect an entire covered compound, including all of the tents. Any spaces between the tents should be marked with flagging tape to represent a wall. The entrance of the compound should have a large W placed or hanging to represent a portal for entry. An additional Ward spell will need to be cast if you would like to have multiple portals for your tent compound.

The marshal notes for who is invested should be posted inside the compound, near where the W is placed. Marshal Notes for OOG locations and traps in the pavillion should be placed there as well, but there should also be individual Marshal Notes for each tent.

This means that if you would like to invite a character to come into your tent, you only need to recognize them into the tenting compound, and once inside they can freely move into and out of any of the tents since they are also part of the Ward.

NOTE: That if you are going to enter somebody’s tent uninvited, you must do so with a rogue marshal. Even if you have been invited into the ward, or are invested into the ward, a rogue marshal must be present if you are in somebody else’s stuff without their permission.

Uncovered Compound

If your tent compound does not have a covered pavilion in the center, it cannot be Warded entirely. You may still set up the tents in a circle, and use flagging tape between the tents to represent a walled compound.

Since the entire compound cannot be Warded, creatures with a monster strength of at least 2 can climb the walls with two consecutive 3 counts.
“I climb up one, I climb up two, I climb up three”
“I climb down one, I climb down two, I climb down three”

During both of these 3 counts the creatures are vulnerable to attacks as normal, can not defend themselves, but can still call defensives as normal.

A Warded tent, or covered pavillion can be used to restrict entry into an uncovered compound, but will require two Ward spells to be cast on it, so that it may have two portals.

Note - If you prefer to ward individual tents rather than the whole compound that is entirely fine. Just make sure to have the W on the individual tent and mark the marshal's notes appropriately.
Last edited:


So in the "covered compound" option, basically IG it is all one big, multi room tent, yes? And as such, one cannot move through walls, put IG equipment outside of walls, etc? Can one build storage rooms, etc. with flagging tape? Can one just run tape around the very outside and say that it is all one big pavillion with multiple interior spaces?


In the covered compound option, yes, it is effectively one large tent with multiple rooms. One can not move through walls, the only way to enter or leave would be through any portals marked with a W.

Flagging tape should only be used to represent walls between tents, and should not be used to create additional structures. An additional pavilion may be used to represent a storage room.

A covered compound effectively acts as one big pavilion with multiple interior spaces, so running tape around the entire outside would not be necessary.


Except that if I run the tape around the outside:
a) much easier.
b) automatically builds in extra space between tents

Right? Maybe I'm misunderstanding how you want the flagging tape to be used.


I understand your question more clearly now. Flagging tape is meant to be used to represent the walls between each tent to create the larger structure. Yes, you are free to just run the flagging tape around the perimeter of the tents instead of having to do it in pieces.


  • CoveredCompound.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 30