Thank You.

wbush3

Scholar
Hello all!

As you may or may not know, as of today I have stepped down from my position as Head of Plot for Alliance Oregon. Norman Berg takes over for me, and I know he will be a great HoP of Oregon.

I didn't get a chance to really say all of the things I wanted to at the closing announcements for our Season 3 closer event. Time didn't really allow. So if you will bear with me, I am going to share those thoughts with you here.

First of all, I want to thank Adam, Cymryc, and Rick for giving me the opportunity to join plot and then become HoP. I appreciate their faith in me.

Secondly I would like to thank the members of both plot teams I was a part of; Robert, Joe, Amy, Jaimi, Norm, Amanda, Sean, Rob and Ben.

Thirdly, I want to thank all of the NPCs and NPC Guild Members that have worked alongside me to take crazy ideas and bring them to life. There are too many to name, but each deserve and have my thanks and deep appreciation. I also want to give a heartfelt shout out to a few of them that helped the team and I to keep raising the bar of excellence in Alliance Oregon; Gavin, Evan, Jason, Mike, Sheri (Mouse), Ben, Jessica, Paul and Jett. These nine encouraged and inspired me constantly.

Finally, I want to thank each and every player who has been part of the world that Adam, Joe, Robert, Amy and I created. However, the sentiment of gratitude isn't enough.

Over the past three years I have had the pleasure of opening up the realm of Aer'Astria to each of you. I have been incredibly happy to share the stories of Lumos, Mandara, The Fae, the Jemajh Selunari, and of course the thread through it all... the mystery of broken resurrection and Abana the Red. Oh, and Honor Bear, always Honor Bear. The best stories, however, were yours. While I couldn't possibly have a chance to share in the development of each of your stories (three years just isn't enough time), I was fortunate enough to share in the development of a few; A Dryad driven to protect life as much as she is driven by her anger, the first five seekers of knighthood within Sedovia, a Kyn with a good heart who is learning to listen, an Elf who learned when you can't go home again just make a new home, a Selunari who stayed true to his Sela in tragedy and may have finally seen the truth of another's Sela, a Mystic Wood Elf being forged in the fires of personal tragedy, an Elf with a wicked past seeking redemption through duty, a Dryad with a warm heart who hopes to bring back those that are lost, and so many more.

I will continue to NPC for a while, and even when I return to play and begin sharing my own character's story, I will remain willing to be used by Plot when they need me to reprise roles for the good of the story.

In the words of one of those most recent roles...

If I have remained true to my Sela, if I have brought joy to others and taken away their sorrow, if I have celebrated life with friends and family, then I do not fear death. Everything ends, and that is how it should be.” Khyzael of the Jemajh Familia.

Or if that might seem a little maudlin, perhaps this one...

I am as old as The Land itself. This is my home.” A crotchety old man... you should probably leave his cave.

The stories of Aer'Astria, and your own stories will continue I can't wait to see what happens next.

Keep sharing those stories and thank you all so very much.

Bill~

Last edited:
That scene with Khyzael was pure magic. I feel privileged to have been there.

I realized after the fact that it was - in many ways - a parallel to this. Maybe you knew at the time.

We'll miss you. For the past 3 seasons, every piece of this game has shown the influence of your thoughtfulness, care, and genuine heart.

Thank you.

Back