The Book of Arden

Anique

Scout
Ahlana-
Thank you for access to this information. For those of us who have not traveled to this area recently it is most helpful.
-Mathis

Updates on Cordoka and Zhool.

Thank you Saro

Last edited:
This Zhool character, is he hostile either to the citizens of Ardic or the Empire at large?
If he's tied to a green dragon that makes him immediately suspect but do we know anything about his goals? Also, is he tied to a given island in the Forgotten Lands or just encountered any where?

-Mathis

Zhool is pretty great most of the time. Has never tried to hurt anyone as far as we know. He once probably stole all of my money. I am his knight. Aragon was his knight but he was fired. He also got Aragon to swing chaos. Don't worry, no chaos for me

Saro

I guess we can assume the type of dragon he's tied to isn't of the nature variety. Be wary Saro, most green dragons don't have everyones best interest in mind. Green dragons aren't often openly hostile. More often then not, they're willing to sit back and use adventurers as pawns.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

I am no pawn. I am the first knight of Zhool and Zhool and I are practically best friends.

Saro.

Saro-

I mean no disrespect - but perchance you should should examine the statement you made ..."He (Zhool) also got Aragon to swing chaos. "

How and why did he get someone to swing an illegal magic? How is this in line with one who is "great most of the time"?

Forcing , as it sounds , someone to swing chaos does not sound like the actions of one with your best interests at heart.

While I have yet to meet Zhool, something I am sure that will be remedied in a little over a week, I do know my previous experiences with a green dragon, though limited compared to others, was unpleasant.

Please be safe Saro.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zhool is yet to be figured out. He is a mystery and should be avoided if not wanting to dive into his background. A inquiry has been made with several groups on his motives or any knowledge.

Pyke
HOTH, Aira'yen clan of the Mala'kari

Mother, I will give Zhool the benefit of the doubt until I myself have met them. Yes we from dragonreach have less then fond memories of green dragons, but as my own brother is a goblin and was once bound to a green dragon, perhaps that isnt a point to judge.

Ardos Irani
Selunari defender

Aragon was not forced to swing chaos it was offered to him and he ceased the opportunity. Aragon is a very new adventurer and did not know the seriousness of such action. Also I really appreciate everyone's concern, but I know what I am doing. I promise. I have played with dangerous creatures before and walked away fine. I wear the hat of the Whisperer and a necklace from a dark unicorn. Once I was the leader of an undead army. It's all about knowing how to make friends.
With Love,

Saro

Saro, twenty undead toddlers is hardly what I would call an army. Also, if you could take anything away from our encounter with Genesis last market, let it be, "Careful who you make friends with." As I have come to learn, it is an invaluable lesson for every walk of life.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

That's not the group of people I was referring to Wycliff. The difference between us Vel, is that you rely on these people intend of forming friendship. A friendship is not where you ask each other for things, it's having each other's back or even just sharing a mutual love for cool hats.

Saro

You're missing the point. Zhool is not the kind of being that you will stay friends with, because he will bore of you. That is how beings such as him work. It is likely that he will bore of goblins, as well, and take a different form. It is simply a matter of entertainment for him, nothing more, as are you. When you stop being entertaining, he may do any number of things, and on top of that, an association with a being that freely casts necromancy is not one you should broadcast to the world.

I'm not very inclined to take advice from you Wycliff. So please **** off.

Saro
The First Knight of Zhool

Since there seems to be some local disagreement as to whether to trust a green dragon, I'll switch tracks and have a few more ore questions for the locals.

The record mentions "the four" a couple of times but it is unclear who/what "the four" might be.
Are Hope and Despair are part of "the four"?
Are Hope and Despair people, creatures, entities of power?
The prophecies mentioned indicate that Hope and Despair will have a large impact on the world, are they dangerous/hostile in and of themselves?
What are the other two of "the four"?

Genesis is, I presume, a person, but it might be helpful to know what a Spirit Mage with a history of betraying the town looks like, so as to avoid errors in the future.

I am headed into the area shortly if there is anything anyone needs looked into prior to the gathering. Let me know soon.

-Mathis

To answer your questions, "the four" are ancient and powerful aspects, each of a different thing: the two I know of so far are Hope and Despair. When they come into contact with other being with a spirit, they imbue that being with whatever they embody, I.e. Hope or despair. Hope was a kind spirit, and helped us out. Despair is a bit of an enigma, seemingly not knowing right from wrong, just as Hope did not. They can instantly learn anything they see or hear, and tend to repeat it. We are not yet sure how exactly they would bring disaster, but as of right now, the Aspect of Despair is tainted with Void energy, which needs to be fixed.

Genesis is now permanently and forever dead, his spirit utterly severed from his body and banished from this world by yours truly. His associates, Robert and Jane, a Chronomancer and a Space Mage, are still at large, though there is some evidence that they were forced to work for him. Either way, we will be investigating them and his City in the Mist.

Gideon

Val is somewhat of a renegade when it comes to magic and has messed with things outside the norm ALOT. Some of us have grown acustomed to the odd things he says wether true or not that is always something to find out not out straight lies but miscommunication. But when it comes down to it he has made the change and has the best interest of the adventures in mind for when he does things if being backwards from being right sometimes. With everything about eloria take with a grain a salt as we are learning as is eloria itself is remembering. I myself have gained memories as a child but the time frame of the mist still eludes me and my kind.

Pyke. HOTH

Back