The day after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billin

Billin woke up later than usual, not really wanting to face the day.
He was happy that he finally received the promotion to master rank in the Hammer Outfitters, but the task that had been assigned to him by Grandmaster Dramm made his head spin.

Groaning, Billin pushed himself out of bed and got ready for the day. He needed to talk to Morrigan and Evo, the former to relay the good news, and the Later to get some advice.

Billing made his way through the city, not really heading for anywhere in particular, but ended up at Artie's new bar none the less. Walking up to the bar, Billin orders another mug of Kal Taure whiskey from last night. It was a little early, but after last night it was needed.
Turning around after receiving his drink Billin looks out across the tavern to see who was around..

"Bill.... er Master Billin"
Stig says with a solemn voice pulling out a chair

"Ah Stig, there is no need for titles. Besides, Morrigan is your master not I" Billin says with a smile as he sits down beside his friend. "What happened last night after our meeting in the vaults? Did you inform others of these weapons of destiny we are suppose to reforge?"

Billin takes a sip of his whiskey then continues, "I was overwhelmed with the enormity of our task and did not feel up to dealing with the commotion that I saw forming."

"Dunno"
He takes a large swill of his mug
"Came back n here n only saw Phal. Him say everyone left cus ov commotion outside but vhen look back outside tavern saw nuthin so vhent home"
Stigandr stares deep into his mug
"But feel very uneasy inside since den"
He lays a hand on the silver bangle that hangs on his hip he received, a number of years ago, when he and a few others had first discovered the Luxx
"Hmm" he looks up to Billin
"But yous a Master now in Hammer outfitter. May not be your apprentice, but yous still a Master"

"That is fair, I suppose I should get use to the title.." Billin says taking another long drink
"Speaking of masters, have you seen Morrigan lately? I want to tell her of my promotion."

"No. Think ... she say she go home for vinter. Cameron could probably know, should ask him if around"
He gives his cup a little swirl
"Yous go tell Brighthammer yet"
He says with looking up with a tiny smirk

"I have not made it that way yet, no." Billin says with a smirk of his own. "I was going to talk to some people before that, but should do so before we leave the lux."

"K. Vell lemme know vhen you go, ve should talk to her bout somethings right?" He stands
"N maybe see Dwevdi vhile we're at it" he say with a wink
"Need another. Vhat you drinkin?"

"Yeah, I'll take another, its some Dwarven whiskey. We didn't really get the chance to catch up last night. What have you been up to these last few months?"

Kai makes her way into the tavern, looking very tired. She pays for a drink at the bar, and wanders over to where Billin and Stig are seated.

Stigandr gets their drinks and returns to the table
"Orphanage" he says chugging back a big gulp
"Her grace thought vould be good for me..."
He looks up to Kai as she wanders up
"Hey. Have a seat?"

Kai smiles, and joins the two fellows at their table. "Thank you," she says, making herself comfortable. She takes a long sip of her drink, a pinkish orange liquid that smells faintly peach-like.

"It has been-" she proclaims, "-a very long day."

"Anything interesting happen here at the tavern after we went off to Calenhelm?" Billin asks Kai

Kai looks confused. "When did you leave? Do you mean over the winter or last night, when everything went pear-shaped."

"Last night," Billin says with a smile, "Is that what the commotion was about? What happened? I, admittedly went to bed instead of investigating."

Kai's expression darkens, and her ears droop. "DAM came. He murdered Phys.. Phes-" she always had trouble with the pronounciation of his name. "The Dryad Fey lord who built the Lux, Elspeth's father. He also vampire-charmed Gabriella, and abducted her. We were all powerless to stop him."

"What! Thats...thats not good. Was there nothing to be done for him, a life spell? Can fey lords resurrect?"

"And what does DAM want with Gabriella? She seemed harmless to me, and, not to be insensitive, but not terribly important either.."

"Three people all tried a life spell at the same time, to no effect." She shifts a bit, looking uncomfortable, "Gabriella... is important. We didn't know before but.. DAM knew. I've made my official report but I'm not sure if it's still a secret or not." She drinks her juice, and changes the subject slightly. "She and Calan were courting, and I've been keeping an eye on him all night. And then I made reports. I haven't slept yet."

*crash*
Stigandrs mug shatters in his hand. His face goes grim, eyes glaze over and his cheek plates noticeably twitch at Kais words. He stand and walks by the bar dropping a few coins at the counter without a look
"Sorry Artie" he mutters through his teeth
And heads out the door with a slow rough stride

Kai clears her throat and says dryly, "it's always so refreshing to see a calm and measured response from Stigander."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back