The Massive Carrier

Lurin

Duke
In order to prevent any confusion in the future, with in the lands of Gaden and all other In Game locations provided by Southern Minnesota, Any Creature swinging for a 'Massive' Carrier, will in penetrate all Walls of Force, Circle of Power, or any plot created barriers of any kind unless explicitly state by a plot marshal in advance.

This may or may not allow the creature with sufficient strength to penetrate, or even destroy these effects with a counted call.

The only exception to this rule are particular Local effects and items that grant the ability to "Resist" a massive strike

So this is an LCO version of Massive then? And the Marshal ruling here is correct for the Alliance as a whole?

To confirm SoMN LCO Massive will go though all protective, is not doge-able or evade-able and will pass though all Eldritch force constructions? Will SoMN LCO Massive allow a person to break or go though the barriers or is only their weapon allowed to go though?

For SoMN LCO Massive If the weapon is allowed to go though the Eldritch force (wall, Circle, Ward, or Lock) if I actually physically avoid the blow will I still take the damage? Or is the monster "hitting the wall" and the resulting force is shaking the eldritch force so hard that everything in the protective area being harmed?

Will a mod writer have the right to use Standard Alliance Massive if they choose? May we possible have a different Call or carrier like "Crushing" for this LCO version of Massive to avoid confusion for travelers or when Standard Massive is wanted to be used?

Thanks for answering my many questions.

To further clarify, is Prison included in the effects Massive ignores? Is a Magic Armor effective against this version of Massive?

In the case of body weaponry, does this effectively create an in-game situation wherein a creature that is not recognized in may be partially inside of an active Circle of Power?

So this is an LCO version of Massive then? And the Marshal ruling here is correct for the Alliance as a whole?

To confirm SoMN LCO Massive will go though all protective, is not doge-able or evade-able and will pass though all Eldritch force constructions? Will SoMN LCO Massive allow a person to break or go though the barriers or is only their weapon allowed to go though?

As always please refer to ARC for rulings as a whole for the Alliance, Alliance Southern MN is maintaining no stance in that regards and will leave that answer to ARC.

In correct, Massive continues to function exactly to the description listed under massive in the rule book, this LCO clarification is only in relation to items not directly and specifically defined under the massive entry itself.

As not creatures throwing massive MAY but will not always be capable of breaking through eldritch structures. But any swing with the "Massive" carrier will pass through Eldritch barriers. As our combat is representative, you can imagine this effect as the eldritch force bending under the blow being unable to withstand the force. Once the force of the blow is spent the eldritch force resumes it's original shape but the weapon is never "Inside" of the effect.

For SoMN LCO Massive If the weapon is allowed to go though the Eldritch force (wall, Circle, Ward, or Lock) if I actually physically avoid the blow will I still take the damage? Or is the monster "hitting the wall" and the resulting force is shaking the eldritch force so hard that everything in the protective area being harmed?

See the above, the force of the attack "Bends" the barrier unless a counted action is used for the creature to break inside.

Will a mod writer have the right to use Standard Alliance Massive if they choose? May we possible have a different Call or carrier like "Crushing" for this LCO version of Massive to avoid confusion for travelers or when Standard Massive is wanted to be used?

Thanks for answering my many questions.

No Mod writers must adhere to our rules and we will not be using crushing. Mod writers could always list 'will not attack eldritch structures' or have NPCs swing for none-Massive if striking against such a structure but the rules will remain consistent through out play.

To further clarify, is Prison included in the effects Massive ignores? Is a Magic Armor effective against this version of Massive?

In the case of body weaponry, does this effectively create an in-game situation wherein a creature that is not recognized in may be partially inside of an active Circle of Power?

Again this announcement only changes items not explicitly defined under the "Massive" carrier heading in the rule book. Prison will not be broken but will not defend against massive, magic armor will both be expended and fail to defend against massive as per usual.

As to claws, no, see the above description of the force being "Bent" to explain why this would not occur.

I'm still confused. Lets say I make a moderate circle with 3 people in it. Big bad Wolf with Massive comes by and swings his Big Bad Claws.... Dose the claw do damage to all 3 in the circle? Or Just the person in front I'm Hiding behind?

Now lets say I've got a Ward on a big room like a cabin, If I hide in the back corner away from the door and the NPC can't reach me with Claw, Bite Or other melee weapon will I still take the damage?

Now Lets say Big Bad Wolf has a Bow and he shoots Massive arrows at me in my ward I assume I take the damage from any that hit me correct? or is any swing made into the Ward, Lock, Wall or Circle affect everyone being protected by the effect?

If the Massive is hitting everyone behind or in its protection how is that determined when a Wall of Force is used?

Thanks again for clarifications.

The big bad still has to reach you with his claws, and must strike you. That means if the circle is large enough you would be safe out of his reach. The massive carrier does not create 'area of effect' attacks in any manner.

So in order of your questions

1.) Claw does damage only to those it strikes within the circle
2.) No if you are not in range to be struck, then you cannot take damage.
3.) Big old massive arrows will damage whoever is struck by them first only.
4.) Massive in no way creates an area effect, or causes multiple targets to take damage never ever ever. Each swing damages only the first legal target struck.

Back