The Move To The New City

((intended to post this ages ago but real life got in the way- whoops!))

Greetings to all residents of and visitors to the land currently known as Maelstrom.

At our last gather a nearby Vaeltarii city was recovered. Some Stable Foundation rituals were cast to sure up some holes within it, and it was briefly scouted. Empress Suenessast has been kind enough to continue to open her people's lands to the resurrected and the mist walkers so the city is usable. The city is significantly larger than this fishing village, and offers many amenities that it does not. Our population has expanded to the point that things are getting a little crowded so this could not have come at a better time.

The plan is to get the majority of the populace moved to the new city during the winter months while the mist walkers, lantern bearers, scouts, and other such groups remain in the fishing village as a sort of outpost. This offers a degree of separation which, should misfortune befall us, will hopefully keep the main body of the populace separate and safe.

Getting the new city set for residence will take a number of phases:

Phase 1: Scouting
Fairly self-explanatory. There were a number of holes in the walls of the city, and while those were sealed up there still may be enemies within the city. In addition, a better scouting report will provide more information on how big the city is and what kinds of amenities it offers (and what it lacks). Warlock Nikos has kindly volunteered several of his ravens to provide aerial assistance in scouting.

Phase 2: Zoning and Cleaning

The city is significantly larger than is currently needed. A section of the city will be picked out and zoned for the incoming populace so that the group doesn't get too spread out and information can be passed quickly. The city was left very rapidly so the belongings of the Vaeltarii are still intact, and there is some debris from the holes in the walls. We have a list from Empress Suenessast of which items may be cleared away and which need to be left.

Phase 3: Splitting the Populace
This is primarily a paperwork issue, but more assistance is needed taking the census data, getting information from the volunteers, and figuring out who will move to the new city and who will remain in the fishing village. All persons in charge of significant numbers of people have already been informed.

Phase 4: Moving in the Support Structure
Also fairly self explanatory. Help is needed building barricades and defenses, as well as setting up areas by the earth circle for the newly resurrected to recuperate in. The farmers need help getting new mushroom beds built, and Clerk Clarence could use assistance setting up a second library.

Phase 5: Moving day
Extra hands are wanted to make sure everyone has what they need, and everyone has a place to go to!

After that, it will mostly be keeping an eye out for troubles- making sure the new city is stable. That sort of thing.

If you are not already doing anything during this brief respite I would very much appreciate it if you would help out! More hands makes for lighter work!

If you have any questions, or any additional ideas, I am always available. I am most easily contactable in dream, but I can also be found in the new city during the day and I can be visited at my tent in the evening if you feel in person is important.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
-Clerk Terren

((OOG if you want to help out or you don't have anything to do in your downtime email Maelstrom staff at Maelstrom@alliancesf.net. Your email can be as simple as "I help Terren do the thing." This is a downtime action during the 'break' between seasons. If you want to talk to Terren privately send me a message! Looking forward to March!))

Last edited:
Back