The Mystic Wood Elves

youthculture

Fighter
Late in the evening on Saturday, Skylar appeared and, after acquiring a shard of Void, thrust it into the leylines beneath the earth; by all observation, he seems to have destroyed any full-blooded fae of our realm, including Fever Grey. However, in doing so, he also grievously injured our mystic wood elf citizens. As the reports are coming in, it seems that mystic wood elves of these lands have fallen into a deep coma. Mystic wood elves of this land who enter through the mists are feeling ill.

Please, if you have companions who are mystic wood elves of the Deadlands -- find them. Nova and Kai are the first who come to mind, but there could be more. I don't know if they will be safer through the mists to lands like Caldaria, or if their connection has left them severed enough to affect them in other lands.

I cannot speak for Stoneroost or their lords, but considering the circumstances, it may be wise to see if any adventurers want to spend time over the next few weeks there to see what condition the citizens are in and investigate their condition more fully.

I realize there are those with prejudices against the fae, but the mystic wood elves are protected citizens of the Deadlands, despite their connections to them. Anyone found hurting or killing them will not go unpunished.

- Childe Sevaria of Goshawk

So this was Skylars doing? Good to know. A member of my court has been destroyed and this transgression will not go unpunished.

Sir Bjorn, First Knight of the Black Keep

The Bastion of Stoneroost requests those who can help construct temporary dwellings, or can care for injured and/or unresponsive Mystic Wood Elves to report to the city for assignment. Additionaly, those of a martial nature can report to me directly for assignment.

Lord Amaranthus Landcharmer
Lord of Stoneroost

To all citizens of Eire and Laerthan,

It is a black day that has befallen us. While there have been no small matters of enmity between my people and those born of the fey, divisions of anger that had ample cause on both sides.... this thing that was done, the manner in which it was done, it is necromancy and abomination of the worst kind. Let no one rejoice in the defeat of an enemy this way. To countenance the use of Void in an act of genocide is to make oneself nothing less than an enemy of all the Earth and all who would dwell upon her in peace.

Know that my people too have suffered in this tragedy. Our minds were opened to all the Fey in this moment of horror. Their last gasps, the final screams, the dying moment of every one of them was shared by the minds of every Biata in our realm.

Since the fall of Emilio we have attempted to rebuild Stoneroost as a home to both Biata and Wood Elf alike. Now, Stoneroost has been struck again. But we have been struck before. And as before, we will find a way to rise anew. And let it not be as a Bastion divided, but as one people now united by these shared wounds and common purpose.

And to all who would lend aid in this time of need, we would welcome you. But there are many wounds that must now be mended. For the time being, as Lord of Stoneroost, I would ask visitors to Stoneroost be limited to Healers and Alchemists who can assist with the Wood Elve's recovery, and men at arms who can help Lord Amaranthus supplement our defenses. If there are concerns for specific individuals, please send your cares by missive to my House and I will see them tended.

In gratitude and grief,
Lord Nicodemus Ravenseye

Lord Amaranthus,

I should arrive in Stoneroost in one weeks time.

It would be my honor to defend your people.

One Shield; Meaningless Without All Others,

Riddick Dale

Sevaria,

It would seem our time in departing was well chosen. I'd come back to help, but I think that would be unwise. If there is anything I can do, please send a missive to Badril's Rest.

Believe me, Alor, I am glad your house departed when you did, for as much as I missed your presence on the field of combat.

Also, I have a bag and a sword that I believe belongs to your house and I will send along to Caldaria.

deadlandsrules said:
So this was Skylars doing? Good to know. A member of my court has been destroyed and this transgression will not go unpunished.

Sir Bjorn, First Knight of the Black Keep

You dare?

You, master of the Black Keep, which they have spat upon, polluted, all but destroyed, dare call for my punishment?

There should be a line in front of me, stretching from Beah's throne to the hearth of your once sacred Reclaim; in it should be every Volg, every wood elf, every sorry bastard to have ever been enslaved, tricked, seduced or cursed by those wretched and meddlesome things, and each one of them should be asking to kiss my boots in gratitude.

And you, Bjorn, should be at the front of that line.

S.

*the growl is soft, and buildsquickly into a seething rowl*

So you show yourself here, after all this time? I have a feeling I'll be fighting with Bjorn for the front of that line, so I can hear you screech as I rip you apart with my bare claws for what you've done to me.

-Z

From time immemorial

In a universe without limit

Yet bursting with symphonies

From legions of orchestras

There has forever been trumpeted

One. Simple. Song.

And it is the ballad of your insignificance

To me

little…kitten.

S.

When the time comes Skylar? My insignificance will be what snuffs out your candle.

Permanently.

-Zehnyu

You slew a member of my court, one who saved hundreds of my peoples lives. It doesn't matter what she was, it mattered that I owed her a debt, and now You get to pay that debt.

Sir Bjorn
First Knight of the Black Keep

As you wish.

I had figured any debt I might have incurred by ending your pixie would cancel out, given her responsibility for the death march of your people into the wastes, but I must have figured wrong.

While we're having this discussion, I must ask. How did that unlikely arrangement unfold, precisely? Was it rather easy to forget the death of thousands - men, women and children, your people, your own flesh and blood - in the presense of that pretty, little sprite? 

Ever wonder how that happened, Bjorn? How you, a once proud Vansir, staunch enemies to the fae, might have been swayed to see an ally in such a treacherous thing? I trust that Void might have blinded you, as it is wont to do, but she had her glittering talons imbedded in your mind as well, perhaps even your heart. Let me ask you this. What was it that you happen to use her for? What was it that she was particularly good at? Oh, that's right. Spying and lying.  

My informants tell me that she was particularly adept at infiltrating the good-natured, albeit, foolish people of the Hollow. 

Interesting. I would wonder why such a liar was so loyal to you, why she wasn't in the process of informing both myself and the Lion of every single detail of every daily event, every discussion, every dispute, every defense belonging to the Black Keep. Yes, I would wonder her loyalty, if I did not know firsthand that it was false.

She betrayed you with every other word out her mouth, to me, to Necali, to any with the coin, or with promises of mayhem and power. Those were the things she lived for. That is what they were, traitors, miscreants and slatterns.

I have done you a great service, and if your mind was not so addled in pixie dust and sweet nothings from Void you might once again see our common ground.

You respect order. I as well. Necali respects nothing. He exists to spread his own breed of vampirism, to spread chaos and bedlam. You know this much to be true. His spy lived for the same. Think back and wonder, what in all the planes would an unseelie fae want in the just, stark order both you and I want for this world?

Fever Grey conspired to destroy you as well, fearing your bond with Void. No need for gratitude on that one though. He was as much a threat to me as to you. 

How long could the madness of the Deadlands continue, with all these fools, these infantile nihilists wasting their power in the hedonistic persecution of mortals, people already living in perpetual nightmare?

Even if you cannot yet bring yourself to accept it, to believe me, you know in your heart there was no place for them in these lands, in your future empire of a perfect, brutal peace.

They never would have stood for such a wonderous banality. They would have sought to disrupt it, to destroy it, all for the sheer joy of watching something controlled, beautiful and orderly turned to a balestorm, the insane and ridiculous dreams of a species forever locked in infancy.

Look into the abyss of your heart, 

And then tell me I am wrong.               

Skylar,

You can not begin to understand the damage you have done. So blinded by your own sence of superiority you can't even see how you yourself have been used. You think your actions where your own? That shard has been persuing this goal for years, first through Emilio, and now through you. You have taken the first step in becomming yet another of Void's puppets, and in doing so have tampered with powers we mortals were NEVER ment to play with. Void is nothingness. No lasting good can ever come from it's power. In ways we can not yet fathom the destruction of the Fey has furthered its goals of the destruction of this world. You want to live forever, yet each time you dip your fingers into powers such as these you leave yourself a little less world left to live in for that very long eternity you seek.

Enjoy being a slave to your own ambitions. In time, they will consume you.

Lord Amaranthus Landcharmer

What has happened here is a tragedy, an unrecoverable loss for Laerthan. For better or for worse, the Fae were a part of our realm of experiences, adding to its wonder, enriching our lives. They were the stuff of stories, fantasies (and yes, nightmares) brought to life, so rare and incredible and unique. Fever Grey was a scourge that threatened us all, but the cost of his demise was too great. We lost an entire race – an entire race! And as a result, the fabric of our land is now less colorful. I would mourn the eradication of any life form, human or hydra, gnat or gnoll, and the Fae are no exception.

I can only imagine the devastation this brings to Mystic Wood Elves. What we see of your suffering cannot compare to what you feel. I grieve for your patrons, and my vitsa is here for any who seek support and the freedom of travel.

Sincerely,
Sudupta Delmarre Amidurasti of the Jekhipe

Lord Farmer,

Please do not assume me unaware of precisely what I've done.

It was planned for years, years spent watching Void, studying its power over other magics, over other beings. Its counterpart was examined as well. Both were understood before actions were taken.

I know precisely the price and benefits. Let us reflect for a moment. Have I ever engaged in such grand pursuits without first thinking it through? Ask around. Think back. You'll find that I have not. This is simply the first time my plans were not thwarted before the good people of the Hollow stepped in. Don't be a sore loser. The icons know, I have been more than polite when you folks repeatedly pissed all over my hard work.

With regard to the unfortunate side effect on the Wood Elves, I am sorry. My heart truly goes out to them. I cannot claim to know the suffering they're enduring, but this was bound to happen. Such is the case when a drunk is pulled from the bottle. Do not blame the one doing the pulling. Though I have never suffered from addiction, I have suffered the madness of the tomb - isolation, silence and darkness for hundreds of years. I would not wish such pain, that which I have known, or that which they know now, on anyone. Nevertheless, if I were one of them, for a chance to be free, I would choose to endure it. They will recover. Though it may not seem so right now, they will recover, and eventually, they will be better off.

Regarding another of your claims: I do not fancy myself particularly superior to anyone or anything, but I did get a hardy laugh in reading such a message from you, my Lord. By the way, wasn't it you who chose to sail your ship into a Moorian meat grinder in a ludicrous attempt to slay an Emperor? How many men died under your command that day? Did you bother to count? Yet, I am the one with the superiority complex? No, Landcharmer, I merely see realistic, albeit, grand opportunities, and I follow through with them. But I know what I can and cannot do. You, however, haven't a clue of your limitations.

Oh, and Void used me? Oh my! Whatever shall I do?

Of course it used me. Of course it wanted to destroy the fae. It whispered to me that I should destroy the biata as well. Do you see yourself destroyed?

It used me. I used it. We have moved on. Emilio, Bjorn and countless others, were foolish enough to actually wield the shards while summoning their power. Do you really think I was stupid enough to stab that thing into the ground myself? I believed we thought better of each other, dear friend.

"We mortals?" Not quite. You. Mortal. Let our discourse be a bit more precise. If you wish to join me, of course, that can be arranged.

Lastly, regarding Void's power: it is neither good nor evil. It is power. Dangerous, useful, but ultimately, neutral. If you wish to stop it from destroying the world...then stop it. I'll be glad to help. I have a few ideas that might prove useful. It really would be quite refreshing for us to work together on something for a change. Contact me when you wish to collaborate.

S.

Under what reasoning do you hold the belief that the destruction of a species is an acceptable triumph? You wished to stop the powers of the greater fae so you snuffed the lot of them? I cant say I mourn the loss of a tyrant, though the annihilation of his kind seems a gross disrespect for ones own ability to control their own rage and actions. I wont attempt to guess at your motives and justifications, but I am left wondering how you balance your own path to control how the future is molded against that of the fae's. You were just one monstrous power crushing another. I suppose I could guess that you would say you were the superior for finding a way to eradicate them, but you have already stated that you do not fancy yourself particularly superior. All the while you dismiss the power of void from manipulating you, calling those before, Emilio, Bjorn the countless other as fools? How are you not placing yourself as a self proclaimed superior if you deny that which has proved to be a coy and malevolent power that can corrupt the strongest, cant also corrupt you... or do you feel you are more powerful than void itself. Skylar, I expect, even in response, you will not give any thought to my words... After all I am just another elf among so many others. But even in the smallest of my futile hopes I can believe in enlightenment. If it makes me a fool to believe that you could see your own actions under a light not guided by your own whims than so be it.

~Avian

I can't believe I actually have to put these words down. Again.

Stop arguing with a genocidal lich over dreams and tavern scrawl. That is not a request.

Lord Nicodemus Ravenseye

Now now, Goodman Santet, let us be civil here. Please.

With respect, I shall refrain from speaking with the Twice-born, on this matter, via this medium.

Good day to you all,

S.

Back