The path to Character Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkalin3

Knight
Hello Alliance Friends,

Many of you have had experience with our new character management application during the playtest window. Some of you have not, and that's ok. In a few days time, Ken and I will begin the final import of your characters. So I want to touch on a few things.

1. After Sunday consider any choices you make in the CMA final. We provide an undo button, logistics has some undo ability. But generally speaking, you should make sure skills you're purchasing are the ones you intend to. If you're unsure about what your character should look like, we have a freeplay version that you can mess with until your heart is content.

2. If you haven't ensured your email is up to date with your logistics's team your character may not have been imported. If you currently have a character, you should be reseting your password not creating a brand new account. You can reset your password here. If it turns out you do not have an account, please stop and contact your logistics team.

A lot of folks have created duplicate new characters or accounts in an attempt to solve the problem. Do not do this, it will just make your account messier. This creates a bunch of extra work for us.

3. Characters put in this system are here to stay. Please don't create test characters, and don't apply blankets to those test characters. If you do, you might forfeit xp that would go on real characters.

4. You'll be responsible for a lot more of your character. This includes subscribing to monthly blankets. Buying events, etc. In the next 2 weeks someone from my team will provide a guide about using all the features in the CMA. But, the power to manage your character will lay in your hands now.

5. We're still doing heavy development. Some features we want, or think we need might be missing. Things will change, we'll try to keep y'all updated. If you have questions, you can reach out to me privately, or we'll make a thread where helpful friends can provide answers. Some players have been using this software for almost a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have begun the first database import.
During the next week, any played events will disappear.
Your characters skills may go away (based on if your chapter asked for a full reset or not).
Your stamps will be blank.

In the process of doing the final import of a number of Chapters' 1.3 databases to the CMA an issue arose that impacts Characters. We want to provide you with a clear understanding of what is happening and why.
There are three things you need you know to understand the situation:
  1. The 1.3 and 2.0 Rules track XP differently, not just using a different method but also at varied scales. The 2.0 Rules give newer Characters more XP than the 1.3 Rules and high level Characters get a bit less.
  2. For Logistical and Bylaws reasons during the Playtest and Prerelease period all official Chapter data was tracked in the 1.3 databases and we are using that information as the baseline for Characters in the post-2.0 game.
  3. We needed Chapter Staff and Players to be comfortable using the CMA prior to full launch and therefore we used the CMA as the Player interface for their Characters during the 2.0 Playtest and Prerelease..
  4. These three factors led to a situation where the amount of XP shown on a Character in the CMA varied from the Official XP in the 1.3 database. In some cases the CMA is higher and in others it was lower, but there is a variance.

In the hours since we did the final import of the first four Chapters it has become clear that for a small number of Characters the variance is more significant than initially expected and this has understandably caused the Players of those Characters some concern.

To be clear, no Characters have lost credit for Events or other sources of XP.

If you feel that your Character may not have gotten credited for something, please contact your local Logistics and they can confirm whether or not that is the case. The variance we are discussing is solely the result of the changed XP scale. The XP total a Character is imported into the CMA at is their Official total XP, the amount displayed in the CMA up to this point was the error.

Before we go further, we want to be clear that we are sorry if you have a Character impacted negatively by this situation. We are an organization of volunteers who want to do what is best for our game. In rolling out the 2.0 Rules and CMA we've done our best to do so in a positive manner that brings our Players together. As volunteers we cannot take every possible situation into account and therefore we did not anticipate this issue being as significant as it has become for some Players.

Unfortunately, there is no way to address this issue nationally that makes everyone happy. We cannot have a situation where some Chapters used the 2.0 XP scale for almost a year longer than other Chapters as they Playtested the 2.0 Rules. There is no fair way to credit Characters with XP lost to the variance, because the reduced XP is not the result of having not gotten credit for something the Player paid for/earned. We understand this is frustrating, people working on this project have been impacted by the variance as well. If you have a Character with reduced XP following the final import that is their new official XP.

If, as we complete the final import of your Chapter into the CMA, you have specific questions about what happened to a Character please direct those questions to your local Logistics team. They will be able to answer most of your questions and will aggregate questions they cannot answer to be addressed by the national technical staff.

We hope that our Players understand that we have done our best to give you tools that improve the game and that we never intended to create this situation. We hope that it is clear that this variance is not the result of an error in design but the unanticipated result treating every Player in the same manner. We hope you can continue to enjoy the game despite this inconvenience.

Denver, Crossroads, Gettysburg, Traverse City, Headquarters and Calgary are imported.

If you have a missing character, goblin stamps or something is off, please work with your logistics team. They can help you fix any problems.

We're not far from being all the way there!

I've finished the import for Dragonstamps.

There's a decent amount of accounts I couldn't link to the CMA. If your account should have Dragonstamps and does not, please get ahold of me or Matt Watkins.

I have Utah's final database and will import it sometime over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back