The Southern Minnesota 2012 Schedule!

Lurin

Duke
Due to a specific reason we are unable to confirm location of events until mid March, but here is our expected schedule of events!

Feb 25th (day) - Jordan Site -Completed
April 6th - Weekend Event - Completed
May 4th - Weekend Event - Completed
June 1st - Weekend Event - Fort Matta
June 23nd - Work Day - Details pending - Fort Matta
July 14th (Mod/Day) - Midsummer Faire/by request Day to break up the Summer, since July is typically one of our lower attendance events. -Fort Matta
August 24th-26th - Weekend Event - Fort Matta - Special! Guest Plot team, please see related announcement!
Sept 1st - National Event - Held at Faire Play in PA.
Sept 22nd - Work Day - Details Pending - Fort Matta
Oct 5th - Weekend event at Fort Matta
Nov 2nd (Castle) - Season Closer Weekend Event - Miller Castle!
December 1st-2nd - Banquet Event - Camp Salie

65.jpg

Again, super excited, just hope it's not too far away.

Well, if I were a bettin' man, I'd be placin it on the Jordan site.

Granted he did say location pending, so it may be that he has another site in mind...

Jordan isn't...terribly far, just an hour or so. Just hoping my crazy driving doesn't get me pulled over...It would be awkward to explain the elf ears.. xD

With the lack of running water, being forced to cram into and share one small building and tables with non-LARPers last year, and other issues with the Jordan site, I hope a different location is being looked into to better accommodate our size and needs.

OrcFighterFTW said:
With the lack of running water, being forced to cram into and share one small building and tables with non-LARPers last year, and other issues with the Jordan site, I hope a different location is being looked into to better accommodate our size and needs.

We are always reviewing our sites, the difficulty with single day events is our desire to keep the price low, it's always a balancing act between resources and cost. The Jordan site does offer a warming hut, power, and latrines, which is better than most park/other areas we've found.

We are always looking for feedback/good ideas, and we are currently investigating other sites, hence why we have not finalized the location yet.

We appreciate your looking into other sites and are hoping you succeed in finding a good deal. Also, the little hut isn't too bad, assuming other groups don't also join in. Well, hopefully I can make the event, unlike me being unable to make your fight practice because my boss is as stupid as a boggle.

:ninja: Shhh! Be wery wery quiet. Me thinks the updates are hiding under Dave's dress...

It's close, I can feel it.

The suspense...it's killing me. :p

Me, every morning before I go to work...

4foin.gif

Re: The Southern Minnesota 2012 Schedule! (Tentative)

Because I hate to see pirates suffer, The schedule for the year has been posted, the tentative tag will be there until mid march because um...no reason

Yay for the dates and a return to the castle!

I'm glad to go to the Castle this time, Oct is a great time for it (weather wise).

Aww, you totally could've kicked July in the butt and tried to get us the Castle then :p I doubt that July would've turned out to be our lowest turnout event :p Granted, IIRC the only reason July was a poor turnout last year was because it was 3 event weekends in a row, meaning people just skipped the middle one.

Anyway, Website has been updated to show the schedule along w/ the disclaimer that locations cannot be determined until March.

Also, the heat was a big factor for July/August events. I also imagine campgrounds are more expensive in the peak summer months, and more competition to get those spots. Supply/demand, etc.

Lurin said:
June 2nd - Weekend Event
Considering that I am graduating on the 3rd, this displeases me greatly...

I have to miss one of them, but that's not too bad. ;D So excited!!!

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Lurin said:
June 2nd - Weekend Event
Considering that I am graduating on the 3rd, this displeases me greatly...

We always end up running on top of something, last year it was anime con, alas, I'm just not able to avoid all the landmines ^.^

Back