The story thus far, and learning a little more about Gaden?

FrankManic

Artisan
I was wondering if we could get a short recap of the story thus far, say from the perspective of one of the townsfolk of wherever it was we were last weekend. I saw most of the event from the wrong end of a greatsword. I don't know exactly what all was going on, except that a lot of Kobold's died. So...

What sort of things are people talking about in the tavern in the month between the March event and the April event?

I'd also like to know a bit more about Gaden an the surrounds. Things like; Who is the reigning King? How long has he been King? Where is the seat of the kingdom? Does Gaden have castles and fortresses? Walled towns and cities? or is it more rural, with farmsteads and hamlets and the occaisional keep overlooking the landscape?

How does the nobility function in Gaden? Are nobles tied to specific parcels of land, or is nobility more like a government office?

Are there monster cultures mixed in with the kingdom of Gaden? Would the average person starting their adventuring creature know that, say, a given area is controlled by orcs, or ogres, or pie-bald marsh kittens?

What is the economy based on? What sort of staple crops are grown?

What kind of racial make up does Gaden have? does one intelligent race make up a higher portion of the population than others? Do different races have different rights under the law? Are certain races actively discriminated against?

Is Gaden self sufficient in minerals, timber, and other building materials? Do they quarry stone? Do they mine copper, tin, gold, silver, iron, or other metals? Do they have enough iron mines to satisfy their military needs, or do they have to import iron, steel, and weapons from outside?

How long has Gaden been around? Do people tell rumors of lost civilizations and forgotten peoples? Are there old stone circles out in the wild?

I'm not really looking for answers to all this, I'm just thinking of things that my character, when I get around to rolling one, would probably know without having to ask. Things that he'd just pick up having lived in the area all his life.

Ooh, and one more! What is the currency called? Drachmas? Talents? Dinars? Reals? Koku?

Cheerio!

I'd Start here -> http://www.mnalliance.com/Southern%20MN ... 20Book.pdf With our players hand book. As to what people are talking about between games, keep an eye on the in-game boards for, well, when they talk about it.

As an aside, Note that the first event took place in a small town named Birch, within Gaden's Northern neighbor Roskaria.

*reads the handbook*

Yup. That did answer most of my questions, and it was a good read to boot! Thank you, both for writing it and pointing it out. I even managed to cobble together a very rough map, which helps me a lot to visualize the place, make it seem more real.

Are there any major cities or capitols in Gaden and Roskaria?

The capital of Roskaria is Rosk, and there are other citys and points of interests labeled on the maps that have begun being distributed in game. I assure you that Gaden has a capital and that such information will be forthcoming once we finalize it.

Visit the Rosk! Jewel of Roskaria! Reknowned for not being constantly under attack by bug eyed demons from the ninth dimension! Rosk! Where men are men, women are women, and the MWE Association of Professional Masseuses are ready to live up to stereotypes!

Stereotypes you say? Sounds expensive.
On a side note, I feel like a complete idiot for not realizing that the game took place outside of Gaden.
I suppose at least ONE slip up is required of me per-game at this point. I have to meet my quota.

Back