The Were-rat Lurks + News from Clan Bloodcoin (A wrap-up note from Auryn)

Auryn

Artisan
On the last market day, a few of us met with an informant of Clan Bloodcoin (Master Viskit) and a few of his entourage and heard some worrying news. Thankfully as it was post fight and there wasn't a lot of background noise and we spoke one at a time, I could actually hear everyone speaking clearly for once and took notes.

(I'm a quiet soul, and I often miss what's happening through the background chaos. If someone could actually inform me on what's happening other than "A thing happened, we're gonna kill the dude" for once that'd be nice. Sometimes I stay behind solely because I don't know enough of what's going on. I get pretty lonely.)

The Were-Rat, Sneed, who slipped away the night we cured Mr. Former-Werewolf (whose name unfortunately escapes me at this point in time, terribly sorry) and apparently traveled forward in time with us and is now jockeying to take over and assume control over the celestial guild Mother's Eye.

Rizgiz the Rat, the leader of Mother's Eye apparently possesses great celestial power and has many were-rats under his control but has gone mysteriously missing. According to Mister Viskit, Mother's Eye apparently is the moon and they draw power from the Moon. When it's FULL. While normally I'm hesitant to trust the word of strangers especially when it comes to political stuff, this seems like something we might just need to intervene in, because Weres generally tend to be a danger to the general populace if let run rampant.

On top of this, there is apparently something or someone called the Harbinger who may be involved with the insane, super strong bloodied humans who attacked very very late Saturday night and the attack on that dubious individual who brought a vial of cause light wounds to a poker game and was interrogated in the pub's farm I think.

Honestly, I don't know if he was actually guilty of anything or if he was just a simpleton who won it off a dubious alchemist previously in lieu of coin (I was in the kitchen, cooking and have only heard of this secondhand) but I later took a scouting mission to check up on him at his barn at the bequest of another adventurer (I think his name was Gerard? I honestly don't know him that well, but I wasn't about to let one of the younger ones go out scouting alone).

Anyways, we kinda found his barn that he lived in with his animals battered and scorched and with all the animals let out. It kinda looked like something had taken a few fireballs to it and kicked the door in amongst other damage but he didn't seem to be there and it didn't look like anything like normal banditry. It was super creepy and place looked totally riggedy-wrecked. The guy was gone and there was no sign of him. Gerard and I checked the Earth circle afterwards and didn't see him, but that honestly doesn't field much information at this point to his whereabouts.

Also, the super-crazy but super strong humans who swung for massive but crumpled like tissues? They kept on saying that they wanted something out of their heads. Creepy!

I don't like the looks of this, guys.

-Auryn

I is a little fuzzy on everyting we learnd from bloodcoin clan. I was trying to keep all da new adventurers safe with little to no healing. it was fun to fight da rats with you guys. I dont think Rizgiz has were rats under his control though, I think he was tooken by Sneed.

Bruisey

Last edited:
Thanks Bruisey, you deffinetly saved me from a cuppel of scars.
According to Viskit, Sneed's where - rats shrug off magic weapons and shrink under silvered ones.
Somebody confirm this, I have hit my head once or twice since then.
Quick screech: If you don't let Auryn know about your drama and politics, I will find out instead. I can promise you that your secrets are safer with Auryn then they are with me.
Rhoop

dat would make sense were creatures usually have a strong aversion to silver. Is you ok Rhoop that is a really bad noise for living tings to make....

Bruisey

Also my good buddy Zhir knows lots a tings about da weres he be very good person to get involved. He gots one death now doe cus he give up a death for Baeleon...

--Also Bruisey

I can confirm that they are weakened by silvered weapons, Bruisy and Rhoop. I was pretty banged up from the night before but I do remember that now that you mention it.

Bruisey, thanks for keeping an eye out for the newer adventurers! I appreciate it. I try to keep an eye on them, but I don't have eyes everywhere.

Also, Rhoop, I appreciate the sentiment. I don't think I need to know positively everything about everyone all the time because I understand the need for secrecy on occasion, but sometimes I feel kinda stupid because I don't know what's going on.

Does anyone else have any information on movement that happened last market day that I might have missed?
-Auryn

Auryn - see me at the next gathering, I would be happy to compare notes with you there.

Bruisey is correct as he so often is - I do know lots of things about weres. Silver will harm them greatly, as will weapons with Lupoid Slaying capabilities. I may have a few extra silver weapons that I would loan out if needed, and I carry a silver longsword enchanted with lupoid slaying ... if I happen to be out of commission, feel free to pick it up and make use of it in battle.

Sneed did come through with us, along with Stellarin Greywind (formerly The Wolf). He will not be as easy a target as The Wolf ... rats are not hunters. They will strike when we do not expect it and certainly when they feel they have the advantage. We must be cautious until he is dealt with. Celestial casters should especially be vigilant.

~Zihr of House Husky

I am not sure if it is relevant, but if my memory is correct, the Rat-Men under the WereRat's command were attacking with elemental attacks. Flame, stone and such. It was told to us that they gained such power by eating scrolls? I am not sure if it is formal or battle scrolls, but it likely doesn't matter. Elemental defences may come in handy.

As a side note, I am sorry I will not be joining you at the next gathering. I wish all of you may be safe for the next time we meet.

-Gerard Elderweiss

Yes Gerard i do believe that eating scrolls was a thing

Bruisey

We should keep a tally of and organize our deployment of silvered weapons, so that at least one is always at hand to protect our vulnerable companions from ambush. Zihr speaks wise when he says these rats are not a prey we Hunt head-on. With a little planning, we may be able to turn any were-rat ambushes around on them. My blade Starfall certainly yearns to be properly introduced to this Sneed.

-Azeban

That sounds like an excellent idea, Azeban, especially with the nasty rumors flowing about. I believe we have three master blacksmiths that should be in town, I'm hoping that we could get some more people outfitted with silvered weapons this game. I carry a silvered shortsword myself but I'm looking to /possibly/ get a special silvered quiver made for the my bow even though I hear it's quite expensive. I don't know how bad the cost is yet but I'm hoping it won't be too awful.
-Auryn

Back