The Wild Hunt

J Cogs, people on the WC seen it. I liked the previews of it.

Justin, I've got the DVD if you want to borrow it or something.

I watched the movie and completely hated it. Not only was it poorly written, had terrible characters/character development and was so far out of the realm of possibility but it did nothing more than to perpetuate the stereotype that gamers can not draw the line between reality and fiction. Evilron did a great review of it on these very boards. I am currently working from my phone and don't feel like drumming up the link.

Once again, terrible movie.

To me, it was like watching an airline disaster movie. Sure, a plane could go into such straits - if about a dozen redundant systems all failed catastrophically. It was the same for this movie. The only problem is that hundreds of thousands of people fly every day - not everyone has played in a LARP. So from a LARPer's standpoint, it is a terrible movie.

As just an entertainment standpoint - well it's B at best - but so are most indy movies :)

Cpt.MarcusNelson said:
I watched the movie and completely hated it. Not only was it poorly written, had terrible characters/character development and was so far out of the realm of possibility but it did nothing more than to perpetuate the stereotype that gamers can not draw the line between reality and fiction. Evilron did a great review of it on these very boards. I am currently working from my phone and don't feel like drumming up the link.

Once again, terrible movie.

The link:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9409&p=111959

By the way, Jaws is TOTALLY lurking in every lake, stream, river, and ocean I visit, no matter how remote or fresh. :hahaha:

markusdark said:
To me, it was like watching an airline disaster movie. Sure, a plane could go into such straits - if about a dozen redundant systems all failed catastrophically. It was the same for this movie. The only problem is that hundreds of thousands of people fly every day - not everyone has played in a LARP. So from a LARPer's standpoint, it is a terrible movie.

As just an entertainment standpoint - well it's B at best - but so are most indy movies :)

In it's defense, it is Canadian :)

Back