The winds have changed...

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Well it appears that the mists have indeed changed as we had some visitors (15 or so) claim to be from the mists a few days ago in Birch. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Hengin a barbarian healer, a native of Roskaria, also claimed that he was able to breach the mist wall...

It seems that the slaying of the mist beast may have been the start of it all, and for good or ill the wall can now be breached. After talking with several of these "mist walkers" from other lands, they claim that the mists act as a border between their kingdoms... I am no scholar, but if the mist wall is down, does this mean that we can be invaded from other lands beyond the mists? Will the corrupt now be receiving reinforcements? Is it time to panic?

*drinks a big gulp of ale*

I should mention, that these mist walkers did have lots of coin, and bought quite a bit of ale from me, so they can't all be bad! Not to mention they were ready and willing to help the local farmers, as they helped to destroy an encampment of kobolds and cleared the slack-jawed dogs from potentially fertile farmland!

To Mannok the farmer, I wish you the best of luck feeding your family with your new bow skills! And to the farmer to whose lands we cleared, I apologize I do not recall your name, we hope the additional coin will help you plant more crops, and if you happen to plant some barley I would be happy to buy it from you, ale is always in demand!

Please pardon my ramblings though, as I do not fully understand what is going on. At the end of the day there were two mist beasts fighting those who came through the mists. I do not know why or what happened, but there were kobolds helping the mist walkers. As I said it was all very confusing. Can someone who was there help me understand what happened?

McGregor, brewer of fine ales

McGregor,

I would like to point out that the kobold were actually helping the towns folk not the mist creatures.

I would also like to say that I warned about the death of the mist beast being what allowed us to gain entry to your lands. It is true that now other creatures and people will be able to enter your lands.

But rest assured that with any new monsters there will also be friends you met last market day from beyond the mist, and perhaps even new friends, from beyond the mist you have yet to meet that will take up arms and help to protect your lands.

Aeneaus

Quick to judg' a man's words Aeneaus. He talk of da 'Mist Walkas' as da folk who find da way from place to place t'rough the mist. Da kobald do be helpin kill 'em, and for dat we must t'ink on.

My hand pierced da mist, givin' way like rott'n wood. Mara was wit' me, she told me of her lands...beyond the mist. W'ether or not deese folk speak truth I can not say, but as my hand go through da mist it do seem all da more possible.

Time will tel', as it has o'er many moon.
Hengin

Only time will tell us whether er not ze people who visite used the mist to traval. I will assure you dat all of dem where en fact beings with spirits and thought. The land though haz chenged, the feeling or it shifting has been felt by me for a little while now. Perhap this ez chenge for good of de Sheltered lands, perhap this ez de beginning of a new ege for all of us. I saw de spirits come, and once again pass through de mists and leave. Sumting big has chenged.

Sparrow
Blind Seer

Although I still have this unanswered question:
At the end of the day there were two mist beasts fighting those who came through the mists. I do not know why or what happened, but there were kobolds helping the mist walkers. As I said it was all very confusing. Can someone who was there help me understand what happened? Why was that happening? Can anyone enlighten me as I was tending to me ale for most of the day...

McGregor

McGregor-

The impression I was left with was less one of allies and more of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

The mist beasts were chasing a farmer. I was unable to discover why, though the farmer was screaming something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, it wasn't me, I didn't do it!" before he was slaughtered. I regret that I was unable to reach him in time to prevent his death at the hands of these monsters, though thanks to Kovu's selfless application of a lifespell we were able to prevent his resurrection. Unfortunately, the farmer fled before I was able to question him. I can't say that I blame him, but I would have preferred some answers.

I can verify that the "mist beasts" that were chasing the farmer were casting necromancy, and therefore needed to be put down. As to what their purpose was...I do not know.

From the very, very brief conversation I had with one of the kobolds, they were hunting the creatures and tracked them to our location. I would strongly advise caution, but it may be that they might have some of the information we seek.

I wish I had more answers.

In good faith,
-Mara Glenbeck

I'll betcha Birk would know, he's always the one talking to everyone, you should stop by his farm en ask hims. I'd talk to ya, but rumor has it that no one that went to trade in town camed back....

Pik - Kobold thing-finder

Pik-

Rumors are of questionable truth at best. I typically do not allow the actions of a few to taing the group as a whole. Perhaps we can speak in this realm, where you would not need to fear. Speak to the young kobold who went mushroom hunting...that youngster can vouch that not everyone is inclined to attack first.

Maybe I could talks to some of da boys en see whats up with what, Whats in it fer me?

-Pik - Kobold thing-finder

I should note that I am also willing to offer up some fine hand-crafted Mountain Pale Ale up for information as to who this farmer was and/or information on these necromanticly tainted "mist beasts"!

McGregor

Are you all sure that dose tings were mist beasts? I saw dem wit mine eyes, solid as the trees are. Not just spirit but actual things of strange unblurred detail. They reminded me of undead, since mine spells hurt dem a great deal.

~Sparrow~
Blind Seer

I know those misty beasty thingies threw weird magicy stuff at me and I felt my horns tingle and then it shimmered and looked kinda like me for a second and then it like did things I could kinda do and it cast weird light magicy thingies at other people and like then it could do stuff like them too and it was kinda weird and then it went all shimmery and I could walk right through it and then the undead thingy was all "ROAR!" and I ran away and didn't see the misty thing anymore and then they were both gone. Poof! But the weird mist-people were kinda alright even if they kept trying to make change which is all kind of not polite and stuff but I think they weren't so bad and some of them could even make my magic bottle hoot which is proof they're not bad and even though I had to spike that koboldy-thingy that bonked Koko I don't blame him 'cuz he was just all cranky and that happens sometimes. Ya know?

Hef

Heffestoos,

Sometimes child, you make no sense.

~Sparrow~
Blind Seer

Seems to make perfect sense to me. Anyone go touch the mist wall recently? I did a few weeks back and it was downright creepy and bulbous and gelly almost like its sick and the beasts are sick too. There does seem to be something strange in the works and that spells trouble with a big T. I'll help out if needs doing.

Fern

Fern

I touched da wall dat day, Mara was ther' an saw my hand pierce through. It resis' me hand, I do not wish to touch it agai' for some time.

Hengin

Back