There can be a Peace

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
The One who responds to Lady Death - What galls you so in these lands that you seek blood? Your ire is intense but, as far as I can see, unwarranted. How have those within these lands offended you? What blood-oath or revenge do you pursue? You do not seem a creature interested in goods or chattel, so I cannot believe it is for monetary gain. Is it wrapped up in the Stonebiter War, from whence many of those undead in these lands were created?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

She speaks as she does nye want peace, Dramthin. She say that it merely pleases her...if there were a way...you know I would take it... but what way unto her that kills but for pleasure?

I to doubt that she would even distain to speak to us here. And personaly after seeing the carnage and damae she inflicted on the Gypsies I have no other desire than to blast her into crumbing dust again and again.

- Eldarion -

Marce, Eldarion Avari - I have to try. You're right, it's most likely there can be no peace. But, Lady Death was born, she had a family, she used to know the love of a mortal life - maybe there's enough left that we can create an understanding.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the taintedd Grove

Ah well, as long as it does not endanger more innocents I do not mind attempting to talk to her. However you must remember that once you give an enemy an opening they may take it and leave you helpless. We must not let our guard down an inch.

- Eldarion -

How suppose she is contacted? Shall she miss an opportunity to flout her voice again? Shall we scream for her here and now, or try to whisper in private dreams?

There will be no peace with an undead while I'm around. If Lady Death were to show her face, I assure you it won't be around for long. I do not speak only of myself, but everyone who has something against her for what happened this last market day.

Kalin Silverhilt, it seems to me, renouncing peace before the option has even been explored undermines the very war for which you're fighting. Isn't an undead hunter's solemn vow to help the Earth and her children? Wouldn't acting rationally and with forethought help the Earth more than keening for blood and misery?

When the High Orc Nation attacked two years ago, we sought peace and found new friends. Speaking to peace while preparing for war is the very essence of defending the Earth. It's very likely Lady Death will have none of our peace and war will ensue, but why seek out death before we even try living?

Dramthin Hartsboon

Mobius said:
Kalin Silverhilt, it seems to me, renouncing peace before the option has even been explored undermines the very war for which you're fighting. Isn't an undead hunter's solemn vow to help the Earth and her children? Wouldn't acting rationally and with forethought help the Earth more than keening for blood and misery?

When the High Orc Nation attacked two years ago, we sought peace and found new friends. Speaking to peace while preparing for war is the very essence of defending the Earth. It's very likely Lady Death will have none of our peace and war will ensue, but why seek out death before we even try living?

Dramthin Hartsboon

How long have we known each other? Four years or so? You still wish peace with undead and I still seek their destruction. Neither of us have succed in our goals or in convincing each other to change. Nor does it seem we shall ever agree. You can not deny that Lady Death have commit vast crimes, the most rescent being the death of many innocent gypsies. You may attempt to talk her into turning herself over to our sheriff. If you succeed I will not interfere. I do not believe this will happen. Have no fear though, after she kills you, the sheriff and i will retrieve your belongings.

(once again, that darkness returns)

You all insult me so openly.... And yet, none of you know me truly...

Fear not young Gypsy, for I hear when my name is mentioned... you needn't shout but merely whisper and I know...
Dramthin, is it? The elf in the strange hat? Somehow, some of your friends seem to disagree with you so avidly that I wonder how much you are even credited for your wisdom. You must be an old spirit.

I see that some of you wish to speak with me on terms that may not conclude in fighting. I wonder though, will your "friends" allow you to do such things because I am an Undead? Or in the midst of speaking will those attempt to strike me down. For now I invite you Dramthin Heartsboon, to confer with me. Speak with me as one humanoid to another, if you wish.

I will set this down, I will be bringing my own companions, but I can assure you that if you wish for this to happen, I will not attack with out such an attack on myself first. This is easily understood?

And as for you Kalin Silverhilt... I've known men of your kind, all fanciful promise, and no true will to do as they claim... you spout that you wish to find me... but... what is it you think you'd do to me when you did?

-The one you call Lady Death-

Lady of Death - I would most willingly meet you and speak. I warn you, my word only carries the weight of my own mind and honour and would not convey any legal precedent or protection as I'm neither official nor citizen of Briarpass. I do, however, know there are intelligent and kind spirits within the town who would be willing to listen to me relate your words if they are of a sort lending themselves to peace. I cannot and will not support you in destructive aims, nor can I support continued dispersal of magical chaos, but I would have us reach an accord which spares the innocent and protects the land, if such is possible. I must say, you do not seem the type of person who embraces the curse of undeath for political or power gains and I'm interested in hearing how this mantle was layed across your shoulders. I've often found, only those capable of the deepest love are able to express the rankest hate.

Please, send me a private missive as to the place and time and I will be there waiting to talk. I will not bring war in my heart, nor will I bring any who would seek such, which probably means I'll be coming alone.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Um, there's a lot of nice talking going on here and all that, but Lady Death is the one thats been sending out them skelytons we been fightin' right? Maybe i dont understand on acount o' me not existing and such, but being evil and choas and stuff...even if it wasnt her choosing that, she been killin folks for a while now. Her choosing to stop might be a good start, right?

I been trying to use more time for existing and thinkin' and stuff. Well, i think i don't think i like her very much. If'n she was to turn herself in, that'd good and stuff. But i think not killin people would be a good start too.

Creeg
Hi Orc
existing

Quantum said:
Um, there's a lot of nice talking going on here and all that, but Lady Death is the one thats been sending out them skelytons we been fightin' right? Maybe i dont understand on acount o' me not existing and such, but being evil and choas and stuff...even if it wasnt her choosing that, she been killin folks for a while now. Her choosing to stop might be a good start, right?

I been trying to use more time for existing and thinkin' and stuff. Well, i think i don't think i like her very much. If'n she was to turn herself in, that'd good and stuff. But i think not killin people would be a good start too.

Creeg
Hi Orc
existing

Creeg,

We're better off staying out of this one. Dramthin will just make you feel stupid, like he does to everyone, whether he means to or not.

Stoneskull

huh. I aint smart. I know it. Hrmf, i though i knew all about existing and not existing, but when he tried talk about it to me, i didnt know what he was talking about. He's prolly about the fifth smartest guy i' ever meet. That's why we can't understand what he's doing. Lady Death with all her 'existing' and 'being' must be all kinds of smart too. Evil and murdering, sure, but smart. See? That's prolly why we do know whys they doing what their doing.

All them dead people prolly be happier if they could be 'existing' or 'being' too, though.

Creeg,
Hi Orc

Creeg - I agree, the attacks need to stop. If the only cost of speaking with her is my possible resurrection, I'm willing to levy that against the likelihood of resolving this dispute without the deaths of innocents and adventurers. The other option is leaping forward blindly, beating her until she stops moving again and again and again, hoping the numerous people who die successfully resurrect, and then mourning those who permanently return to the earth. I'm all for military action, when its necessary, but not until all other solutions are explored.

Squire Rockfist, if there's ever anything I say which makes you feel stupid, speak up and I will work laboriously and tenaciously to resolve the ambiguities and misconceptions in your mind. Making you feel stupid is last on my list of desirable activities.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Mobius said:
Squire Rockfist, if there's ever anything I say which makes you feel stupid, speak up and I will work laboriously and tenaciously to resolve the ambiguities and misconceptions in your mind. Making you feel stupid is last on my list of desirable activities.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Huh?

Squire Rockfist - My words and deeds are often as the murky sludge bottom and I would not have that umbral vista staunch your understanding. As such, I will attempt to impart, in the hopes that such a relation will further denude the obscurity of my forested conversations, the principal focus of my intention. Please forgive my tentative and sometime half-baked offerings, for though I know your palate has a profound and perspicacious range, I needs must only serve these posits through the tepid materials at hand; that is, given we all must partake of the common parlance - a hodge podge potpouri of ancient tongues and mordern pidgins - I cannot serve a properly spiced meal of words which, in its cosumption, would expose every heady flavour and subtle meaning. That being said, good Squire, I would hope you vouchsafe my willingness, nigh my exasperated and intense desire - one born from the deepest recesses of my grottoed spirit - to illuminate all that might be obfuscated with my communication. Never lie awake nights, staring at the limitless boundaries of the celestial foyer, feeling I am intentionally, either through mispiqued phraseology or ruefully sauced polemics, misappropriating your confidence in my directives. Suffice it to say, at but your slightest nod or innuendo, I will throw myself onto the bonfire of expression that the resultant inferno evaporates all nefarious shades and clumsy spectres of meaning which hide in the obtuse and unexplored angles of our dialectic.

We see eye to eye then, yes?

Dramthin Hartsboon

Mobius said:
Squire Rockfist - My words and deeds are often as the murky sludge bottom and I would not have that umbral vista staunch your understanding. As such, I will attempt to impart, in the hopes that such a relation will further denude the obscurity of my forested conversations, the principal focus of my intention. Please forgive my tentative and sometime half-baked offerings, for though I know your palate has a profound and perspicacious range, I needs must only serve these posits through the tepid materials at hand; that is, given we all must partake of the common parlance - a hodge podge potpouri of ancient tongues and mordern pidgins - I cannot serve a properly spiced meal of words which, in its cosumption, would expose every heady flavour and subtle meaning. That being said, good Squire, I would hope you vouchsafe my willingness, nigh my exasperated and intense desire - one born from the deepest recesses of my grottoed spirit - to illuminate all that might be obfuscated with my communication. Never lie awake nights, staring at the limitless boundaries of the celestial foyer, feeling I am intentionally, either through mispiqued phraseology or ruefully sauced polemics, misappropriating your confidence in my directives. Suffice it to say, at but your slightest nod or innuendo, I will throw myself onto the bonfire of expression that the resultant inferno evaporates all nefarious shades and clumsy spectres of meaning which hide in the obtuse and unexplored angles of our dialectic.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Dramthin,

What? I have no clue what that means. Argh.

Mobius said:

Dramthin Hartsboon

Are you TRYING to use the longest word possible for even the simplest concepts? My sweet, simple Dram, sometimes you must speak to laymen! :D

Back