Things to do

krieger

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
Everyone,

Before we all scatter to our respective winds, a suggestion if you will. During the gather many of us had a chance to explore the immediate area, but there is always ground to cover. We found much in the way of information, some of it, comprehensive, and needing to be shared. Many entities, and forces have courted our favor for various reasons, some noble, some perhaps not so much. What we have learned from the chronicle that has been read, and from our time in the Valley of the Ghosts is that fortune seldom favors the idle. We have much we could do, and some of it may help us more than we think.

We have uncovered that there are houses, one of them largely responsible for the fall of Ceriopolis. There has been much pressure to open that house. That house has been opened through a convergence of causality. What is done is done, what we can do, is to make sure that we walk into our decisions aware of the responsibility that lies on our shoulders, and meet that burden with open eyes.

As we uncover information it behooves us to share, many of us cling to information with the hopes that it can validate our importance, or perhaps we simply overlook a detail as we regard it as trivial. Nothing is trivial. And clinging to information to bury it can kill others as surely as it can kill you. Our enemies are legion, they do not need us to help them. There are those among us who are stepping up to collect, and distribute information, seek them out.

Now for more practical means. Instead of all of us running about scouting this and that, not telling anyone what is happening, and double, and triple covering certain directions while leaving some unexplored lets try something new...

Scouting:

Pick Directions, Spread the burden of work, don't go alone. Spend one complete action focused on this. Directions are

North:
North West:
West:
South West:
South:
South East:
East:
North East:

Grab a friend, and scout, be careful, do not engage, report back to someone, someone volunteer to be that someone that they give information to that then tells those who are volunteering to gather the information to share.

Scrounging:

Same thing, pick a direction, Look for things we can use, we need, tools, building materials, Shop materials, rope, pretty much anything at this point, from nails to horseshoes, hammers, tongs, Heck, we could probably even use some garden shears. What for? Who knows? Look for places we can set up farms, we need to eat, and bacon does not grow on trees. Lumber, nails, rope, tools, anvils, bellows, glassware, pots, pans, forks, knives, stumps, tongs, if it is not nailed down grab it. Keep track of what direction you go, so we don't all double up and miss stuff.

Defenses:

Savage legion is not going to sit idly by, they will probably have small bands of maniacs out there, we need to meet them, otherwise they may destroy our stuff, if they destroy our stuff, then we cannot have bacon. Gather up your crew and take a circuit patrolling so we can keep the savage legion from eating our bacon.

Defenses Cont:

If you are of a diabolical nature, cunning, and good with things that go Boom, regardless of night or day, we could use those talents to make parts of the surrounding area into frown town for our enemies. Please map your places of frown town so we don't fall into our own pit traps, that is just, sad.

Great idea. Squire Shin and I will create a document that we can all share the resulting information in.

Kasuni

As Kasuni and I are putting this document together, pleases forward gathered information to both myself and Kasuni (PM or Email). If you are looking for a group to go with, I will also facilitate you as best I can.

At present I will be heading West with a small group to survey the area and see if we can't make contact with the peoples of the Forest or indigens of that area.

- Squire Shin

I will be leading my kin north. With any luck, we'll sniff something out.

We're rather good at that.

-Zeth

I know I am not the most observant type, so I don't think it's best for me to lead a scouting party, but I have been known for my defensive skills. I'm more than willing to do regular patrols around the area to keep out any small bands of foes at bay, as well as build up any defenses that may prove useful. Also, if there is a party that finds a dangerous place that may have useful supplies I can assist in making sure they get said supplies safely. The last thing we need is someone getting themselves killed over a few hammers and nails, especially if those are the people who would be cooking the aforementioned bacon.

- Fox

My brother and I will scout to the south, however I desire a copy of the map and supplemental navigational information before we commit to foolishly treading off into the unknown, as some among you might instead hope for us to do.

-Roann

Roann,

You served your punishment.

Enough with all these comments about how we wish terrible things upon you. While it's certain that some, at least, might be suspicious about your nature, or less than enthused about your actions, you won't do any good to continue to bring up how horrible we must think you are.

I, for one, do not like you. You harmed my kin. But I will personally end anyone who comes after you, after you've paid the price. That is how our community works. It gives people the chance to learn from their errors, grow, and become better.

As for maps, I'm not certain if we have one...but I can see about acquiring one from the Lord Mage.

-Zeth

Bones can't read a map. Hell, I can't even read. But I know I am going to the Tranquil Plains. I think they are west of us? Just north of the Golden Peninsula? I am going for my own reasons, but since they coincide with the towns purpose, I will gladly scout for you all on the way to my destination. Roann, stop talking about the past. Look to the future. I trust you and that is all that matters. You paid your price and did it honorably. As such, I want you to scout with me to the Tranquil Plains. My eyes are good and I fight decently... but even I die at the hands of goblins when I am not careful.

Krieger, I am heading to the Tranquil Plains. Whichever direction that is, I will scout it for you with the help of Roann.

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye
Harkonian Slayer
Phoenix Foe
The Lich Butcher
Executioner of the Heart Drinker
Defiler of Echoes
The Goblin Cleaver
Elemental Bane

A copy of the map from the tavern wall ought suffice. I am no draftsman, as evidenced by my personal medical illustrations and alchemical notations. I'll follow you, bones. I am more resourceful than most, and should we run into members of the local human population and their disturbing xenophobia, my brother and I would be beneficial to have around.

Aye, that we would. Count us in.

I'll be staying in town to help defend the Earth Circle and the surrounding area. I will also offer my blacksmithing abilities to smelt small things for those who request it, such as nails and whatnot.

Scouting as well as information/supply gathering is important, though I would like to take anyone not leaving the area to come to me for base establishment tasks. In addition to finishing setting up shop the other merchants and I behind Maple's Tavern will be working our hardest to shore up supplies as well as restore Maple's Tavern to full functionality. To further assist with any task you may have (like getting a map) I urge you get in contact with my associate Taog, who can assist you in any of the following areas: Architect (for new buildings/repairs), Farming, Scribing, Bookbinding, Weaving, Farrier, Cartography, or anything really.
Also Kriegar, the last time I saw Vanyal he was hoarding 3 pounds of bacon.

Stay safe everyone,
Wizard Iytsuna "Darellin" Rauthyl
Fellowship of the Forge

For those that run into trouble while out scouting I'll be in the Earth Circle should you get hurt out there. I am also willing to go out if you find an area that needs exploring but natural terrain might cause some wounds along the way. I'd prefer to avoid contact with hostile critters, but sometimes just walking through the woods gets you a stick on the eye or a twisted ankle. Always happy to heal people up when needed.

Mortikai

Back