Three day event! July 3-6!!!

whorfin

Be there for our first three day event!

July 3-6
Cheseborough Park.

Member PC Pricing: $75 at the door. $65 if pre-register by June 27. (Food is not included.)
Non-Member PC Pricing: $85 at the door. $75 if pre-register by June 27. (Food is not included. This is for a one event membership fee.)
NPC Pricing: $30. (Food is included, but we recommend you bring some extra snacks and drinks.)
Note: Yearly membership fee is $25.

More details about the park will be added later (such as directions).

PLEASE NOTE: This park does not have cabins. It does have facilities (kitchen, showers, bathrooms), but no cabins. This is a bring your own tent site. We will make sure to post a "Need tent crash space" post before this event. If you are allergic to tents, there is a hostel ~5 miles away that has both "dorm-style" and private rooms for $14 a night. Send me a message if you want more details.

Ooops.

http://www.sccc-scouting.org/files/2006 ... ctions.pdf

From Hwy 280:
1. Take De Anza Blvd South to Hwy 9 (a.k.g Big Basin Way).
2. Follow Hwy 9 South through the town of Saratoga (this will be a right turn)
3. Follow Hwy 9 to the intersection of Hwy 35 (4 way Stop).
4. Continue through the intersection on Hwy 9 for approximately 1.75 Miles.
5. You will come upon a Day use parking area to your left. The entrance to Chesebrough is to the right across from the parking area.
6. The entrance to Chesebrough is a SHARP RIGHT TURN, use appropriate care and signal traffic behind you in advance before turning. (Alternately you could turn left into the day use area and then cross both lanes of traffic to enter Chesebrough)

From Hwy 85:
1. Take the Saratoga Ave. Exit (south) from Hwy 85
2. Follow Saratoga Ave approximately 2 miles to the downtown area of Saratoga.
3. Follow Hwy 9 South through the town of Saratoga (this will be a right turn)
4. Follow Hwy 9 to the intersection of Hwy 35 (4 way Stop).
5. Continue through the intersection on Hwy 9 for approximately 1.75 Miles.
6. You will come upon a Day use parking area to your left. The entrance to Chesebrough is to the right across from the parking area.
7. The entrance to Chesebrough is a SHARP RIGHT TURN, use appropriate care and signal traffic behind you in advance before turning. (Alternately you could turn left into the day use area and then cross both lanes of traffic to enter Chesebrough)

PLEASE NOTE: This park does not have cabins. It does have facilities (kitchen, showers, bathrooms), but no cabins. This is a bring your own tent site. We will make sure to post a "Need tent crash space" post before this event. If you are allergic to tents, there is a hostel ~5 miles away that has both "dorm-style" and private rooms for $14 a night. Send me a message if you want more details.

You were saying it has a kitchen in the announcement, but I was hearing from people up here for our Seattle event this past weekend that the kitchen would not be usable since you have to have a food handlers card to use it? If I remember the camp from my scouting days, it does have fire pits and the like - what other arrangements for cooking are being made?

doverman said:

You were saying it has a kitchen in the announcement, but I was hearing from people up here for our Seattle event this past weekend that the kitchen would not be usable since you have to have a food handlers card to use it? If I remember the camp from my scouting days, it does have fire pits and the like - what other arrangements for cooking are being made?

Actually, the kitchen will be unusable because they are "repairing/upgrading" it. (Upgrading, because they want to improve the facility, repairing because the contractors cut the water and sewage lines.) All these problems cropped up after we reserved the site, unfortunately.

There are a number of grills that we will have available to players, and they are welcome to bring their own grills. (It would be a wise idea to bring charcoal, in any case.) There are firepits set up in some of the major campsites, but the players have indicated that they would prefer to set up in a more central area. Hopefully, the facilities will be completed/repaired by the next time that we use Chesebrough. In fact, I would prefer that we not set up any more events here until that circumstance occurs.

Back